Robert Emmet/Harolds Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Emmet/Harolds Cross

There is a plaque to Robert Emmet in Harolds Cross Road Saying this is the house Robert Emmet Was captured But its not the house the house is gone this is on a private house How many more plaques are in the wrong place ?
    They are watching me

Originally posted by Harolds X girl View Post
    There is a plaque to Robert Emmet in Harolds Cross Road Saying this is the house Robert Emmet Was captured But its not the house the house is gone this is on a private house How many more plaques are in the wrong place ?
    HXG, the sign is on the house which was the site of the original house he was captured in. In one way it's right,another it's wrong.1.The plaque. 2.The original house. 3.The recess he used to hide in.
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

DTW The plaque is on 23 Harolds Cross Road this is a Artisans House and was there all along. Robbert Emmet house was where Mount Drummond Court is now Between Zuma Terrace and Buttlers Dairy. (now Buttlers tyers ) The House was in here on its own grounds accross the road and around the corner from the plaque. The house where the plaque is has nothing to do with Robert Emmet house
      They are watching me

Comment

DTW The plaque is on 23 Harolds Cross Road this is a Artisans House and was there all along. Robbert Emmet house was where Mount Drummond Court is now Between Zuma Terrace and Buttlers Dairy. (now Buttlers tyers ) The House was in here on its own grounds accross the road and around the corner from the plaque. The house where the plaque is has nothing to do with Robert Emmet house
        That's right Mt Drum Court site,and I think you wil find (check it out) that this is a drawing of that original house pic 1.,but not the one he was arrested in.

Call me old fashioned, but the plaque commerates the site of the house he was captured in.Pic 2.The Artisan's House replaced the original.(check Artisan Dwellings building dates,(it's not old enough).

The house he lived in at one time (one of many) was around the corner as you say.

Not tryin to Black Cat ye,and if I'm wrong I've wrong for a long time now.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          That's right Mt Drum Court site,and I think you wil find (check it out) that this is a drawing of that original house pic 1.,but not the one he was arrested in.

Call me old fashioned, but the plaque commerates the site of the house he was captured in.Pic 2.The Artisan's House replaced the original.(check Artisan Dwellings building dates,(it's not old enough).

The house he lived in at one time (one of many) was around the corner as you say.

Not tryin to Black Cat ye,and if I'm wrong I've wrong for a long time now.
          Thats why I was asking people where saying its in the wrong place and should be put up on the walls of Mound Drummond court and not on the houses that where built on the sight of the house known as the Plantation
          Like yourself I think it should be in the right place and hope it is
          They are watching me

Comment

Thats why I was asking people where saying its in the wrong place and should be put up on the walls of Mound Drummond court and not on the houses that where built on the sight of the house known as the Plantation
            Like yourself I think it should be in the right place and hope it is
            Howya HXG,had to go earlier sorry bout that.

It looks lke Emmet was staying in Mrs Palmers house in Mt Drummond (the drawing) when both he and Mrs Palmer were being questioned by Major Sirr,but in different rooms.

The answers they both gave did not match,that's when Sirr decided he might have his man.

Emmet jumped out of a window on his second escape attempt and ran to the end of the long garden and over the wall,with Sirr in pursuit.

It looks like Emmet ended up in the house where the plaque is on HX road,thats why I believe it's there.

The plaque was errected by the Emmet Association Dublin.
            If you get a chance can you call them and see if you can find out if he was captured in the back garden or actually in the house itself.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
              Howya HXG,had to go earlier sorry bout that.

It looks lke Emmet was staying in Mrs Palmers house in Mt Drummond (the drawing) when both he and Mrs Palmer were being questioned by Major Sirr,but in different rooms.

The answers they both gave did not match,that's when Sirr decided he might have his man.

Emmet jumped out of a window on his second escape attempt and ran to the end of the long garden and over the wall,with Sirr in pursuit.

It looks like Emmet ended up in the house where the plaque is on HX road,thats why I believe it's there.

The plaque was errected by the Emmet Association Dublin.
              If you get a chance can you call them and see if you can find out if he was captured in the back garden or actually in the house itself.
              Hi DTW
              Will call them on Monday. Like yourself I think its Important that places like these are marked To much of our History has been hidden and changed and needs to be preserved for future generations
              They are watching me

Comment

heres a picture I took on last visit to Dublin
                Attached Files
                https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

robert emmet

ders a harldsx book out now with pic of plaque on de wall next to where de house was

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    heres a picture I took on last visit to Dublin
                    who used to get oil here?

Comment

Sure didnt robert emmett hang himself in a house in rathfarnham??
                      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                        lol..lol...lol...Susieq that is the funniest post I have read on here in ages......

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                          I think the owner of the house in Rathfarnham hung Robert Emmet on the wall.
                          Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

Originally posted by molen View Post
                            ders a harldsx book out now with pic of plaque on de wall next to where de house was
                            Can just make out the plaque on right pillar of gate.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lombard View Post
                              lol..lol...lol...Susieq that is the funniest post I have read on here in ages......
                              That post was not meant to be funny but if you thought it was then I am glad it made you laugh Lombard!
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X