How do I resize pictures to put up ?
    They are watching me

Originally posted by Harolds X girl View Post
    le

Difficulty: Easy
    Instructions
    Things You'll Need:
    The services of a good framer, or a frame shop that knows conservation and photography
    Step
    Carefully remove the backing of the old frame, pulling back or loosening old nails or brads with the edge of a knife or a flat-edge screwdriver.

Step
    Make sure the photograph does not adhere to the glass. This may have happened if the frame has been in contact with moisture or big swings in humidity, particularly if the backing was not sealed. Sometimes the photo may even leave a 'ghost image' on the glass or on the backing as a result.

Step
    Separate the photograph from the backing. Note down anything written on the back of the photo.

Step
    Place it in a clean envelope or folder, and keep away from direct light until you can get it reframed at a frame shop. This is particularly important if you notice that the black tones in the photograph are turning silver, which means the photo has been exposed to too much light and is degenerating.

Step
    Once you decide on a frame shop to do your reframing, consult with them about the condition of the photograph. Make sure you ask for acid free mounting and mattes, spacers to keep the surface of the photo away from the glass, and acid-free tape to adhere the photo to its new backing. Also ask for UV glass - it's a little more expensive, but will keep damaging ultraviolet light from further fading the image.

Step
    Choose a simple frame for photography - something that does not overwhelm the image, but rather enhances it. For family heirlooms, simple, high-quality woods are nice. For art photography, metal can be a good choice - it's all a matter of taste.

Step
    When you get your beautiful old photograph back from the framer, hang it out of direct light, but somewhere that you'll see it often! Write down its history, and tuck it in a small envelope and attach to the back of the frame, so the next people who own it will know the story
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks but i ment on the compouter but I will keep that in mind lol
      They are watching me

Comment

I've been using an excellent free progam for some years to view and to resize pctures (you can also use it to view video clips and listen to MP3s... it has lots of functions but is simple to use. It's called Irfanview and can be downloaded for free from www.irfanview.com If you're going to download it be sure to also download the accompanying file called All Plugins.

Install Irfanview first, then install All Plugins.

When resizing pictures use the Resize Resample function and for forums Best Fit to Desktop s about right.

Be sure to save your original photos with a slightly different name (add a letter at the end or something) so as not to accidently overwrite your original photo.

Hope that helps.

I also use Photobucket to store my photos free. It's at www.photobucket.com After you upload photos it gives you four codes below each photo. The bottom code is the one to copy and use when uploading photos here.
        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Thanks Rashers
          They are watching me

Comment

Thanks Rashers
            It's a great little program. Experiment with it and have fun.
            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

How do I change a PDF file into a JPEG. I have forgotten how,? I would be greatful for any help. Thanks.
              You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

1) open the PDF
                2) hold ALT and hit Print Screen
                3) open Paint (start, programs, accessories, paint)
                4) Edit, Paste
                5) File, Save As "name" and change the bottom choice from BMP to Jpeg

Comment

Thanks khaleduz, I will have a go at that in a moment.

Comment

khaleduz, Thanks so much, that worked a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by khaleduz View Post
                      1) open the PDF
                      2) hold ALT and hit Print Screen
                      3) open Paint (start, programs, accessories, paint)
                      4) Edit, Paste
                      5) File, Save As "name" and change the bottom choice from BMP to Jpeg
                      Wow khal - thats great - my cousin sent me a website on how to convert PDF to jpeg - but I googled the link she sent me and it's here
                      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Hi Suzieq, it's not often I need to change a file into a jpeg, I had forgotten how and it's nice to get help as to how to change the file.
                        I had a look at your link but I think I will stick to the way
                        khaleduz explained to me. thanks for putting the link up I'm sure others might want to try it .

Comment

Originally posted by MommyDearest View Post
                          Hi Suzieq, it's not often I need to change a file into a jpeg, I had forgotten how and it's nice to get help as to how to change the file.
                          I had a look at your link but I think I will stick to the way
                          khaleduz explained to me. thanks for putting the link up I'm sure others might want to try it .
                          No worries - I converted a PDF file to word in work & am still waiting for it to come through - darn!
                          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X