PDA

View Full Version : Blue and me ....

Red Biddy
31-05-2011, 01:38 AM
decided to give Ryanair a try (we have not used it in ages). She told me that having read the small print on the online booking form, we had to put our handbags into the cases - they were classed as extra baggage as are carrier bags and extras such as carrying a coat or cardigan etc.

I managed to put the handbag into the case - Tara put some of my stuff into her bag.

At Birmingham airport, (Blue is a wise girl and did everything correctly), my case did not pass through the security scanner - there was a problem - my liquid makeup etc were in my makeup bag and as it turns out should have been in a plastic bag.

The bag was searched thoroughly and no untwoard illegal substances etc were found so the offending makeup was put into a plastic bag

We boarded the plane

When the trolly dollies came around with the drinks, had I wanted to I could not have bought a drink as the purse was in the case in the locker ahead

Coming into Dublin Airport, we were told to take our litter with us (we had none). We arrived in the arrival area and passengers were already boarding the plane for its return trip to the UK - talk about a shuttle service

We arrived at our accomodation and were told we were on the top floor - 6 flights of stairs up and no lift - jaysus I was in bits every time I had to go for a smoke. I complained - as one does - and got a room in an adjoining building on the second floor and there as a lift

I just thought I'd share this snippet with you all ha ha

Rashers
31-05-2011, 01:46 AM
decided to give Ryanair a try (we have not used it in ages). She told me that having read the small print on the online booking form, we had to put our handbags into the cases - they were classed as extra baggage as are carrier bags and extras such as carrying a coat or cardigan etc.

So I take it that asking you to be a gunrunner is out of the question. :whistling:

Red Biddy
02-06-2011, 01:29 AM
I could 'slinge' along with a small beretta or two in the handbag