X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoli

I am putting this thread here as Zoli's banned post is here

I may have posted it elsewhere too

Zoli, when we were on the original Dublin.ie forum we were fortunate to have people - some Irish - who were able to translate from Russian to english

As I said to you, you are fortunate you speak your mother tongue and some english. I only speak English

I would say to you if you have a link to post, the BBC website is great - it is not biased and is often in trouble with UK governments because it ia truthful

As I said, I dont speak Russian but maybe some do and objecterd - I dont know. You raqng me a few times and I always found you to be a gentleman. I may be wrong but cannot judge you over something you poste4d and has been deleted although I totally trust the moderators here

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post

Zoli, when we were on the original Dublin.ie forum we were fortunate to have people - some Irish - who were able to translate from Russian to english

As I said to you, you are fortunate you speak your mother tongue and some english. I only speak English

I would say to you if you have a link to post, the BBC website is great - it is not biased and is often in trouble with UK governments because it ia truthful

As I said, I dont speak Russian but maybe some do and objecterd - I dont know. You raqng me a few times and I always found you to be a gentleman. I may be wrong but cannot judge you over something you poste4d and has been deleted although I totally trust the moderators here

Liz I don't like having to moderate anyone, let alone banning him. But he had been warned yet he kept it up, even after Womblemum deleted posts and warned him today.

We know he can write perfect English when he wants to. I think he was testing how far he could go. Even after I told him a couple of days ago that no one here understands Russian or the Cryllic alphabet, though we could get translations online... but why should we have to.

I only banned him for 3 days, and hope when he comes back that he'll behave as I don't want to have to ban him for much longer.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

rashers was the post abusive?

Comment

rashers was the post abusive?
        I dunno, I didn't translate. He had been asked more than once to post in English, but he refused. I can see that on his own forum his English is no problem to him.

Zoli has had a go at me, he has posted at least one PM (a life banning offence everywhere) and ignored our requests to behave. I practically begged him not to push me... he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          I dunno, I didn't translate. He had been asked more than once to post in English, but he refused. I can see that on his own forum his English is no problem to him.

Zoli has had a go at me, he has posted at least one PM (a life banning offence everywhere) and ignored our requests to behave. I practically begged him not to push me... he did.
          OK Rashers, HIs English is far from perfect

Comment

OK Rashers, HIs English is far from perfect
            Heck of a lot better than my Russian. His English is perfectly understandable when he wants it to be. I often wonder why he joins an English speaking forum and then uses Russian.

Comment

we've all dealt with zoli over the past while.....100% behind any action taken because hes not listening to anyone and takes offense against that person if they address him......

not fair to members to have the forum flooded with Russian abuses...and god knows what else he goes on about

Comment

liz when I lifted the ban on Zoli , i sent him a very welcoming pm in it I asked him to come back join in the banter have fun ...but to please post in English ....he did none of this I posted on his thread as did another mod again asking him to again post in English .....I really do hope on his return he settles back down and joins in on the threads again ...but in English like he used to use before ....

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre Madden View Post
                  liz when I lifted the ban on Zoli , i sent him a very welcoming pm in it I asked him to come back join in the banter have fun ...but to please post in English ....he did none of this I posted on his thread as did another mod again asking him to again post in English .....I really do hope on his return he settles back down and joins in on the threads again ...but in English like he used to use before ....
                  This site was a pleasant change from .ie in that it was well moderated and the required order was maintained. However since the the influx from .ie (myself included) it appears that the unruly element have made the transition to this site as well.
                  I beseech the moderators of this site to draw a line in the sand stop this trend before it takes hold. The alternative is that this site will suffer the same fate as .ie.
                  I appreciate that the mods do not like to be too authoritarian, banning people willy nilly. The loss of posters like Pammy, Reggie, and the defection of stalwarts like Joan, MKM, Eithne etc etc has been catastrophic for .ie. These people represent the what forum's of this nature are all about. On .ie I put forward a proposal to the mods for the implementation of a two strikes and you are out policy.
                  Step one should consist of a no nonsense warning to the offending poster that their behaviour is unacceptable and that any repeat will result in an immediate and lifetime ban with no appeal.
                  Step two should be just that, an immediate and lifetime ban.
                  I know I ask a lot of the moderators to put themselves in this position, ie to be Judge Jury and executioner, but it is my firm conviction that this site is in danger. There are a few trouble makers who have not made the transition to .net as yet. the day that these habitual troublemakers arrive sounds the death knell for this site.
                  noli illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by one eye View Post
                    This site was a pleasant change from .ie in that it was well moderated and the required order was maintained. However since the the influx from .ie (myself included) it appears that the unruly element have made the transition to this site as well.
                    I beseech the moderators of this site to draw a line in the sand stop this trend before it takes hold. The alternative is that this site will suffer the same fate as .ie.
                    I appreciate that the mods do not like to be too authoritarian, banning people willy nilly. The loss of posters like Pammy, Reggie, and the defection of stalwarts like Joan, MKM, Eithne etc etc has been catastrophic for .ie. These people represent the what forum's of this nature are all about. On .ie I put forward a proposal to the mods for the implementation of a two strikes and you are out policy.
                    Step one should consist of a no nonsense warning to the offending poster that their behaviour is unacceptable and that any repeat will result in an immediate and lifetime ban with no appeal.
                    Step two should be just that, an immediate and lifetime ban.
                    I know I ask a lot of the moderators to put themselves in this position, ie to be Judge Jury and executioner, but it is my firm conviction that this site is in danger. There are a few trouble makers who have not made the transition to .net as yet. the day that these habitual troublemakers arrive sounds the death knell for this site.
                    very good post one eye.......and i dont think you are asking too much of the mods to do their job...after all ..they are being bloomin paid to do this....and theyre right now coming over as cranky kindergarten teachers............if the two strikes and your out policy was adopted youd see a huge change immediately..............

Comment

Well said One Eye you are right ......nip it in the bud.
                      Legendary Bass Player

Comment

well i hope ya bought a decent bottle of plonk with you at least hehee

Comment

nope....dont like plonk anyways bring on the good stuff us dundrummers have exquisite taste hehehehe...ya gotta share you brat....lol

Comment

Originally posted by michelene
                            I have to get the go-ahead of Rashers to do that, ye know what he's like !! censorship mad
                            Step outside and say that!

Someone hold me coat!!

Comment

Originally posted by michelene
                              yer lucky i dont hit old men
                              Hah! I have a stout walking stick!

Comment

Working...
                              X