Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Euro

Typo should be the euro

Greece is on the verge of collapse. Ireland is in trouble as are Spain and Portugal

Things are not wonderful in the West now, even the mighty USA has monatery problems. However, with regard to the euro, I voted no against joining the EEC back in the 70's I think it was. I could see no benefit for me and my family - Ted heath was the man in Government here I think. Did i want a united states of Europe? No

As ayoung woman back then (I still had my faculties) I wondered how Ireland, or many countries in Europe could all join in a melting pot with Germany and France who were singing from a different hymn sheet. Both have healthy industrial and other industries.

Speaking as an Irish woman who lives in the UK, I thought it was wrong to lump all countries together - the countries I cited in the first line were and still are the same - relient mostly on on tourism

The jobs creatred in Ireland were created because of the low tax - I forget what it is called - and lasted about 20 years. Most are gone

Is it timne to disband a tier of outsider government gravy train and get back to what it was - the punt, and the currencies of each country?

The UK kept the pound and it is not great but its there

I suppose I am asking did europe sell itself short for greed?
    Last edited by Red Biddy; 25-06-2011, 12:52 AM.

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
    Typo shoulr be the euro

Greece is on the verge of collapse. Ireland is in trouble as are Spain and Portugal

Things are not wonderful in the West now, even the mighty USA has monatery problems. However, with regard to the euro, I voted no against joining the EEC back in the 70's I think it was. I could see no benefit for me and my family - Ted heath was the man in Government here I think. Did i want a united states of Europe? No

As ayoung woman back then (I still had my faculties) I wondered how Ireland, or many countries in Europe could all join in a melting pot with Germany and France who were singing from a different hymn sheet. Both have healthy industrial and other indus

Speaking as an Irish woman who lives in the UK, I thought it was wrong to lump all countries together - the countries I cited in the first line were and still are the same - relient mostly on on tourism

The jobs creatred in Ireland were created because of the low tax - I forget what it is called - and lasted about 20 years. Most are gone

Is it timne to disband a tier of outsider government gravy train and get back to what it was - the punt, and the currencies of each country?

The UK kept the pound and it is not great but its there

I suppose I am asking did europe sell itself short for greed?
    the eu was an experiment, it is not working...get rid of it now
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I totally agree quinner and its a gravy train for those in charge

Comment

I totally agree quinner and its a gravy train for those in charge
        yes it is a gravy train...but the ireland in my childhood was a gravy train for some

Comment

It was quinner in my child hood too - I dont forget that

But in 2011 is it right that European countrties with elected governments are paying out billions for an un elected EEC?

Comment

It was quinner in my child hood too - I dont forget that

But in 2011 is it right that European countrties with elected governments are paying out billions for an un elected EEC?
            ys rb...i do not in anyway agree with that...but we have to accept what our government does...even though we personally did not vote for it

Comment

Do you live in the UK quinner? If so I disagree we kept the pound

the only reason the UK government will help is to make sure the banks here lose
              nothing, the banks who got us into the shyte and Fred the Shed etc are waltzing into the sunset pocketing billions

Tories

Comment

Do you live in the UK quinner? If so I disagree we kept the pound

the only reason the UK government will help is to make sure the banks here lose
                nothing, the banks who got us into the shyte and Fred the Shed etc are waltzing into the sunset pocketing billions

Tories
                we have to differ there rb...the problem with this country now...is a direct result of labour policies...there are ten milion people here on benifits...we cannot afford that...they are well looked after, getting more money than 12 million people that are in work...my daughter who is a working unmarried mother had to move 26 miles from where she lived in my house, so she could afford to buy her own house...labour was complaining that a similar woman should not have to move because her housing benifit is to be reduced,saying her kids would have to move schools...my daughters child had to move school...that is disgraceful...my daughter has to pay tax to keep her..i used to be labour...but now i hate the sight of them.....

Comment

quinner if you love the policies of Magge and her ilk- there is no such thing as a society, its a parting of the waves

I am working class and will havw no truck with tories

Comment

quinner if you love the policies of Magge and her ilk- there is no such thing as a society, its a parting of the waves

I am working class and will havw no truck with tories
                    rb, i have never voted tory in my life...but when i go to work my taxes should not be given to people who do not go to work...nobody agrees with every policy of every government...but i agree with the policy that says we help the needy, not the lazy idle....i was not put on this earth to keep kids whose fathers will not keep them...that is slavery....it is wrong it will always be wrong !!!!!!!!!. i paid into a works pension which gives me 70 pound a week, they stopped 46 pound out of my state pension because i had that....which means a person who never paid in any contributions gets as much each week as me who worked for 52 years...that is wrong...wrong...wrong..unless you think i am a slave, as labour do.....off to bed now .....night

Comment

quinner if you love the policies of Magge and her ilk- there is no such thing as a society, and ther is none now ue to her hectoring policies, its a parting of the wayes

I am working class, always was as were my parents - I will have no truck with tories

Enjoy being ruled by the ConDems, you obviously think its ok for the UK to be ruled by a goverment of mainly millionaires

I have stories I could tell regarding my family but wont as the popular vote is not on my agenda

Comment

I posted on the Health or Pray for topic that my son cannot work due to the fact he has alcohol problems he is not fit to work and myself andhis dad paid/pay taxes for those not able to help themselves. I might fall into that catagory soon

There but for the grace go I

Judge not lest you be judged
                        Last edited by Red Biddy; 24-06-2011, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                          we have to differ there rb...the problem with this country now...is a direct result of labour policies...there are ten milion people here on benifits...we cannot afford that...they are well looked after, getting more money than 12 million people that are in work...my daughter who is a working unmarried mother had to move 26 miles from where she lived in my house, so she could afford to buy her own house...labour was complaining that a similar woman should not have to move because her housing benifit is to be reduced,saying her kids would have to move schools...my daughters child had to move school...that is disgraceful...my daughter has to pay tax to keep her..i used to be labour...but now i hate the sight of them.....
                          Well, yeah, if the benefits never run out and there's no deadline, there's too many folks who have no incentive to look for work then. Or no incentive to go back to school if the person hasn't decent job skills either.
                          I believe in.......

Comment

There is absolutely no difference between the policies of Labour or the Tories now..or really any political party..

Comment

Originally posted by Adoc View Post
                              There is absolutely no difference between the policies of Labour or the Tories now..or really any political party..
                              i think another look may be an eye opener

Comment

Working...
                              X