Cholesterol.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cholesterol.......

Recently I went to the doc for my annual mot and blood tests, got a phone call from the "dracula" lady to inform me my cholesterol was a bit on the high side 5.4 on the Richter scale, so I decided to do one of those on line tests..........
    Sample of Questions.

1. Age ? A. 25-65....Cant lie.
    2. Sex ? A. Occasionally No lie there.
    3. Height A. 6ft. In the buff.
    4. Weight. A. 82kgs. And counting.
    5. Diet. A. This is where it got interesting, so I put down fry up's roast's etc.
    6. Alcohol A. Again I lied, 12 pints and 6 small ones a night (Pammy) !!!!
    7. Smoking A. Again i lied and said 60 a day, actually it's only 55.

Well you can imagine my shock when the calculation was made and I was informed that I was at "mild" risk !!!!

WTF do you have to do to be high risk.....Kill a Dinosaur cover it in dripping and roast it, with processed cheese of course..
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Yes!!
    It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
      Recently I went to the doc for my annual mot and blood tests, got a phone call from the "dracula" lady to inform me my cholesterol was a bit on the high side 5.4 on the Richter scale, so I decided to do one of those on line tests..........
      Sample of Questions.

1. Age ? A. 25-65....Cant lie.
      2. Sex ? A. Occasionally No lie there.
      3. Height A. 6ft. In the buff.
      4. Weight. A. 82kgs. And counting.
      5. Diet. A. This is where it got interesting, so I put down fry up's roast's etc.
      6. Alcohol A. Again I lied, 12 pints and 6 small ones a night (Pammy) !!!!
      7. Smoking A. Again i lied and said 60 a day, actually it's only 55.

Well you can imagine my shock when the calculation was made and I was informed that I was at "mild" risk !!!!

WTF do you have to do to be high risk.....Kill a Dinosaur cover it in dripping and roast it, with processed cheese of course..
      if you keep worrying about killing dinosaurs and covering them in dripping and cheese...you will be at high risk
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Up to a couple of years ago......if you were at seven you were at risk....then it was six.....now its five.....why do they keep changin the goal posts.....it get confusin....specially for moi!!!
        It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
          Up to a couple of years ago......if you were at seven you were at risk....then it was six.....now its five.....why do they keep changin the goal posts.....it get confusin....specially for moi!!!
          When it was 7, the drug companies realised they were missing out on the sale of drugs to those who had cholesterol between 6 and 7, so they lowered it to 6....and it has continued that way.

Its all about money for the drug companies.

You should read the books about the great cholesterol con.
          Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

yeppers its the drug companies pam....they wanna make more money lol....im sounding like camou now eh.........wonder how he is and hope hes ok.

Comment

How do you know which is good cholestral and which is bad, They keep talking about good cholestral and bad, but they never tell you what kind of cholestral you have or the side affects of the statins

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                How do you know which is good cholestral and which is bad, They keep talking about good cholestral and bad, but they never tell you what kind of cholestral you have or the side affects of the statins
                I knew a Candy Statin...............Young Hearts Run Free.....

Comment

my cholestrol is a little high but my doc was reluctant to put me on the drugs so he told me to try and eat healthy and go for walks. I did this for a while and my levels dropped a little but I'm after getting lazy again so I'll have to get back to walking and eating healthy again

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                    my cholestrol is a little high but my doc was reluctant to put me on the drugs so he told me to try and eat healthy and go for walks. I did this for a while and my levels dropped a little but I'm after getting lazy again so I'll have to get back to walking and eating healthy again
                    I cut out all my favorites Quater pounders and cheese (love them) crisps, salty foods etc and 12 months later my C has gone up, next step is the monastery, sack cloth and the odd whip every now and then........................any takers ????

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
                      I cut out all my favorites Quater pounders and cheese (love them) crisps, salty foods etc and 12 months later my C has gone up, next step is the monastery, sack cloth and the odd whip every now and then........................any takers ????
                      porridge and exercise worked a treat for me. I didn't break any laws by the way in case anyone gets the wrong end of the stick lol

Comment

No your ok......your on your own.....
                        It is what it is.

Comment

best thing of all Jeangenie is exercise and weight loss, It cuts the cholestral very fast. I have no problem although I once did have a reading of six point three, Its now four point two, I eat eggs and such like, but I avoid cheese and I walk a lot and I have lost a stone in weight, I am five four and weigh nine stone still can lose another half stone, But I don't want to be a bag of bones so I am happy with my weight right now, Good luck Jeangenie, Your quite a young man nip it in the bud

Comment

I have every fecking ailment there is including low salt levels but so far the cholesteral is OK

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                              porridge and exercise worked a treat for me. I didn't break any laws by the way in case anyone gets the wrong end of the stick lol
                              Christ never enter my mind........sorry what number are you again ???????????????????

Comment

Working...
                              X