Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood

Myself and my wife are o a p,s we both have medical cards,... The oap pension is our only income .Recently my gp (whose wife is a nurse in the practice). told me i needed a blood test for which he charged €20 .My wife has a complaint for which she needs a regular blood test ,for which she is also charged.Their attitude is if you dont like it then go to the hospital .All equipment and and testing services are provided to the practice free of charge. ....To me this is pure greed and is only a way to provide an income to his wife at the expense of his patients and the H S E.... I have been in touch with the minister about this . Whats the betting he being a gp in the past will find some way to justify this charge ...I will keep you informed
    ANTO
    Last edited by antmel; 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM.

I see my doctor charges 25 euro to medical card patients for blood test !!!!!!!!!!! but my previous doctor does it free , hope get an answer from the powers that be

Comment

anto my heart goes out to you with the frustration you must be feeling....your dr is in the business for the money....as many of them are....one of my cardiologists has a basement under his clinic full of heart patients on fecking threadmills...after a heart incident theres 6 months of free cardio exercises and assessment from the ontario government...soooooo he ships all his patients down to the basement sos he can keep the cash............fine if youve no issue with this, but if you have well then the problem starts cos he blocks you at every exit......i dont see why anyone has to pay out cash out of pocket though for any tests that are necessary to keep their health.........good luck..

Comment

wouldn't that be illegal Helen? it should be !

Comment

Anto its pure greed by the doctors. When i worked I paid my stamp every month from my salary and my medical needs were seen to. I am retired too and still get medfical attention for free as I am over 65

I know there are less people working in Ireland and thye UK then there was some years ago and less people pay into the fund but I blame governments for not overseeing where the money went and is going

Like Ireland, the ConDem government is trying to introduce an American style health service where health treatments are only for those who have money

Doctors in the UK say they will strike if this happens

Comment

Working...
          X