X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting 'as Gaeilge'...

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
    As MKM said you have to open your eyes and find the thread....but then again you are male! With regards to posting in Irish, as long as it it respectful and makes sense it should not be a problem, however, as many people here do not speak Irish and would not know how to translate it could be considered rude or arrogant. ~A particular poster who has posted as Gailge would fall into this description on all counts! Oh, and if you misbehave the mods here react fairly and speedily!!!!!
    Originally posted by Riposte
    Tosac maith .... leat an obair ...... go neiri an bothar leat Kiddeh.
    Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    excuse me rippo....speaka de english.......brat lol
    Above listed from another thread - and in my opinion needs clarification. Why would it be considered 'rude or arrogant' for a native Irish person to speak in their own language on what's considered to be an Irish forum... ??
    Everything is self-evident.

Originally posted by cogito View Post
    Above listed from another thread - and in my opinion needs clarification. Why would it be considered 'rude or arrogant' for a native Irish person to speak in their own language on what's considered to be an Irish forum... ??
    would you not think that it would be unfair to us people that have spoken english all our lives.....and never learned it in the first place...we are irish you know
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      would you not think that it would be unfair to us people that have spoken english all our lives.....and never learned it in the first place...we are irish you know
      You could say ..... Ni feidir linn.... Joe .... lol !!

Comment

Because we are Dubz Cog and it was never our native tongue in our lifetime , also its elitist

Comment

I think that it would be great if posts in Gaeilge were translated into English for us posters that didn't get a chance to learn out native tongue when we went to school I would so love that

Comment

Not as unfair as terming those who use their native tongue as 'rude or arrogant' Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by Riposte View Post
              You could say ..... Ni feidir linn.... Joe .... lol !!
              thank you for that...do you feel more irish now.....why was it not around to feed us kids in the forties and fifties

Comment

Not as unfair as terming those who use their native tongue as 'rude or arrogant' Joe...
                Thats not what WM said, she said "it could be considered rude and arrogant"
                It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
                  Thats not what WM said, she said "it could be considered rude and arrogant"
                  Why would it be considered 'rude and arrogant' Reggie ??

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                    Because we are Dubz Cog and it was never our native tongue in our lifetime , also its elitist
                    Dubs are less Irish than the rest... Jayz, there's a whole thread in that statement Bo...

Comment

Why would it be considered 'rude and arrogant' Reggie ??
                      I didn't say it would/wouldn't be rude or arrogant, I'm just saying you didn't quote WM properly.
                      It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

i don't get the native bit....am i not a native, ok i learned how to ask ,,to leave the room for a wee wee.....if the reply was yes...it was said in english

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
                          I didn't say it would/wouldn't be rude or arrogant, I'm just saying you didn't quote WM properly.
                          Gabh mo leithscéal... could not would... same difference.

Comment

thank you for that...do you feel more irish now.....why was it not around to feed us kids in the forties and fifties
                            Well Joe ...... I feel nearly as Irish as the Queen of England .... who took the trouble to say ..... A Uachtrain agus a Chairde ..... or Barack O'Bama ..... who said said..... Is Feidir Linn.

Comment

Originally posted by Riposte View Post
                              Well Joe ...... I feel nearly as Irish as the Queen of England .... who took the trouble to say ..... A Uachtrain agus a Chairde ..... or Barack O'Bama ..... who said said..... Is Feidir Linn.
                              well done to them, i could have said thank you (in irish) to the taxi driver in dublin..would that make me english or american

Comment

Working...
                              X