Computer Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Maintenance

My computer was acting really slow as of late so I ran a diagnostic on it and it told me that I needed higher memory and everything else was ok. So I had made up my mind to get someone to install more memory and mentioned it to someone I know who said would I not install it myself it was easy. I said I don't think so I might do more harm than good. They gave me a link to a website they had used and it scans your computer and tells you exactly what type and how much memory you can use and even had a video of how to do it. It looked so easy I took a chance and bought the memory from them and I have just installed it in less than 10 minutes and the PC is running a lot better. It cost me £26 from the UK but I reckon I saved myself a few quid. I put this up just to say that sometimes we get a bit scared of computers and their workings but some stuff is easier to do than we think.

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
    My computer was acting really slow as of late so I ran a diagnostic on it and it told me that I needed higher memory and everything else was ok. So I had made up my mind to get someone to install more memory and mentioned it to someone I know who said would I not install it myself it was easy. I said I don't think so I might do more harm than good. They gave me a link to a website they had used and it scans your computer and tells you exactly what type and how much memory you can use and even had a video of how to do it. It looked so easy I took a chance and bought the memory from them and I have just installed it in less than 10 minutes and the PC is running a lot better. It cost me £26 from the UK but I reckon I saved myself a few quid. I put this up just to say that sometimes we get a bit scared of computers and their workings but some stuff is easier to do than we think.
    JG if myself or hubby tried anything like that , we would need a plastic bag for all the bits that were left over. You know the ones we didn't know were to put them back to.................
    It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

That sounds great jg. Could you share a link to the site with us?
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
        JG if myself or hubby tried anything like that , we would need a plastic bag for all the bits that were left over. You know the ones we didn't know were to put them back to.................
        Me Too JG ......I have made awful blunders ...so would not take a chance but well done to you xx

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
          There were no bits Reggie. One screw holding the outer side panel on and then just slot out the old memory and push in the new but I had the same visions that you have before I went near it.

Comment

There were no bits Reggie. One screw holding the outer side panel on and then just slot out the old memory and push in the new but I had the same visions that you have before I went near it.
            Believe me JG, we are disastrous , but fair play to you, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
              That sounds great jg. Could you share a link to the site with us?
              Sure can Rashers but did not want to be seen as advertising but I do recommend it. The postage was free as well if you choose ordinary post instead of express http://www.crucial.com/

Comment

Sure can Rashers but did not want to be seen as advertising but I do recommend it. The postage was free as well if you choose ordinary post instead of express http://www.crucial.com/
                Hahahahaha Crucial......... Be crucial if I went at my computer......lol

Comment

Thanks jg. It's only advertising if you have an interest in the company or are making money from it.

(the cheque is in the post )

Comment

Help Help ...I am getting a script running error on the screen and the screen freezes ...cant log off page and I have to turn the computor off and start up again is there any way to stop this

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre View Post
                      Help Help ...I am getting a script running error on the screen and the screen freezes ...cant log off page and I have to turn the computor off and start up again is there any way to stop this
                      Deirdre, give Glary Utilities a try (http://www.glaryutilities.com/ ) Download, install and run the free version and get it to scan your computer, allowing it to fix any problems it finds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                        Deirdre, give Glary Utilities a try (http://www.glaryutilities.com/ ) Download, install and run the free version and get it to scan your computer, allowing it to fix any problems it finds.
                        Thanks Rasher's .....all sorted now thank You xxxx

Comment

printing

Can anyone help ,when trying to print e/mails from internet explorer page keeps coming out blank .Yet when i print from mozilla firefox it prints ok.

Comment

sorry can not help with that question never encountered that problem before

Comment

Originally posted by antmel View Post
                              Can anyone help ,when trying to print e/mails from internet explorer page keeps coming out blank .Yet when i print from mozilla firefox it prints ok.
                              Try saving your emails in text format to your My Documents file and then print them off from there. Or,
                              if you use Outlook Express as your emailer (as I do), then just open up the email and click on print. That usually does the trick.
                              Last edited by Diddler; 07-11-2011, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X