Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to square 1.

It's a bit like snakes and ladders.

Riposte is banned. Boxman is the Boss. And the Moderators are doing a wonderful job.

Everybody is happy.

did i miss something......??? did ya see me doing a happy dance???

Comment

. Suzieq
      Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
      Originally Posted by joan1
      are you for real , Suzieq you attack everyone and then defend them are you only one poster or is this more duel posting

Joan stay out of this as it doesnt concern you!

OMG you are such a rude little person , do you think nobody but you should have an opinion

Comment

We're not back to square one. We've moved on from there. So please lets be civil to each other, at least.

If anyone has a problem with someone else tell me in confidence by PM, although the best way is always to simply ignore them.

One thing is for certain and something that should be known without doubt. This board is not ging to go the way of another one many might be familiar with. This board is going to grow and be peaceful.

And it will do that with us mature adults all co-operating.
        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

hello rashers
          i hope your right and that we can move on peacefully as mature adults but i think maybe some here will hold grudges about the riposte thing and wont be happy to just let it go
          hope im wrong but the tone of some posters makes me think that im not wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            hello rashers
            i hope your right and that we can move on peacefully as mature adults but i think maybe some here will hold grudges about the riposte thing and wont be happy to just let it go
            You need not worry about me for one Jim- I said my piece last night and I stand by it, but as Riposte is no longer a member of this forum i will not comment on this again. I am however unimpressed by moderators who
            sully the names of posters and accuse them of trying to stir up trouble, based
            largely on their own disagreements with them, squabble amongst themselves,
            and threaten to resign at the drop of a hat....all on the open forum....something I have never observed on Dublin.ie, whatever its faults.
            Hopefully this will not happen again.

Comment

hello rashers
              That's okay for anyone to hold a grudge, even if they're not in full possession of the facts.

It's if or when any grudge becomes a problem that I shall moderate fairly, impartially but firmly in the best interests of the majority membership of this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                That's okay for anyone to hold a grudge, even if they're not in full possession of the facts.

It's if or when any grudge becomes a problem that I shall moderate fairly, impartially but firmly in the best interests of the majority membership of this board.
                amen
                Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

hello katie
                  i think the action the mods took was right in the circumstences
                  i followed all the threads where the row was taking place and from what i read certain posters were just out to cause trouble , maybe over some other issus i dont know? but those posters went too far they were like dogs with bones
                  i know rip and coggito are friends with you and i think thats why you are writing in support of them but you need to step back and ask if you will maintain that friendship at any price?

Comment

hello rashers
                    like most of us here i hope the grudges dont becomes problems but i think they will
                    i dont envy you your job....

Comment

hello rashers
                      like most of us here i hope the grudges dont becomes problems but i think they will
                      i dont envy you your job....
                      As I said, grudges are fine -- but as my late grandmother, a veteran of the 'Troubles' in this country used to tell me, "The heaviest burden anyone can carry through life is a grudge,"

But if a grudge becomes an open problem I'll moderate fairly but firmly. No one is going to cause disharmony on this board. One of my duties here is to ensure that the board is a place where people can know it's safe to post, to discuss, to engage in banter.

As far as its humanly possible I will ensure that the board runs like that... and as I said earlier -- with the co-operation of all posters who also have the good of this board at heart.

Comment

hello katie
                        i think the action the mods took was right in the circumstences
                        i followed all the threads where the row was taking place and from what i read certain posters were just out to cause trouble , maybe over some other issus i dont know? but those posters went too far they were like dogs with bones
                        i know rip and coggito are friends with you and i think thats why you are writing in support of them but you need to step back and ask if you will maintain that friendship at any price?
                        I find that rather patronising Jim. If you knew me a little better you would see that I always stand up for what I feel is right, regardless of whether I am
                        friends with or even like the poster concerned. I have disagreed on certain issues with my friends in the past, and I have supported others who I would
                        never describe as friends when i feel an injustice is being done to them. In this particular case the persons concerned were friends of mine.....but my reasons for supporting them had nothing to do with that.....I am not so shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                          I find that rather patronising Jim. If you knew me a little better you would see that I always stand up for what I feel is right, regardless of whether I am
                          friends with or even like the poster concerned. I have disagreed on certain issues with my friends in the past, and I have supported others who I would
                          never describe as friends when i feel an injustice is being done to them. In this particular case the persons concerned were friends of mine.....but my reasons for supporting them had nothing to do with that.....I am not so shallow.
                          i believe you katie...but mostly disagree with you
                          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                            i believe you katie...but mostly disagree with you
                            what bits of my post do you disagree with Joe?

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                              what bits of my post do you disagree with Joe?
                              Both of you. Please take it to PMs, it's looking like it could become problematic.

Comment

Working...
                              X