Abuse by Clergy in Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abuse by Clergy in Ireland

At last, the so called 'authorities' and the Catholic Church in Ireland have actually acknowledged child abuse was rife in Dublin and was hidden or denied by all, including the grardai. I firmly believe mcQuaid knew about it but he was like a fuedal lord back then, and ruled the roost.

How tragic it is that those living who suffered sexual abuse had to go through so much to get their voices heard. And how many died with no closure? and the parents?

I think with this new openness we witnessed today that this may well have started to hammer the final nail into the coffin of the Catholic church in Ireland.

I believe we'll see interesting days ahead.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
      At last, the so called 'authorities' and the Catholic Church in Ireland have actually acknowledged child abuse was rife in Dublin and was hidden or denied by all, including the grardai. I firmly believe mcQuaid knew about it but he was like a fuedal lord back then, and ruled the roost.

How tragic it is that those living who suffered sexual abuse had to go through so much to get their voices heard. And how many died with no closure? and the parents?
      They did rule the roost Liz especially when Dev was running the show. How many photos have you seen of him with a bishop or a cardinal in tow?
      Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
        They did rule the roost Liz especially when Dev was running the show. How many photos have you seen of him with a bishop or a cardinal in tow?
        And the funny thing was he was excommunicated as a republican. Only in Ireland....

Comment

They should be hunted down, taken out and flogged then
          excommunicated, and the ones who covered it all up.
          You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
            I think with this new openness we witnessed today that this may well have started to hammer the final nail into the coffin of the Catholic church in Ireland.

I believe we'll see interesting days ahead.

The Roman Catholic Church has abandoned the true spirit of Christianity hundreds of years ago. 500 years ago a German monk by the name of Martin Luther started the reformation process in Germany. His work is still unfinished to the very day. It is our holy duty to carry on his work, exposing the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church as the hypocrites and frauds they really are. Yes, let's drive a final nail into the coffin of those Satanists posing as Christians.

God bless.
            Camouflage

Stockpile supplies, learn survival skills, pray!

Comment

For many years the Catholic Church dominated & influenced political thinking in Ireland, until there yoke of dominance was broken. With the current report of child abuse, carried on for many years by the clergy, irreparable harm has been visited upon the Catholic church. There would seem to be a big move away from organised religion as the integrity & trust in such institutions declines rapidly. Child abuse, perpetrated by the religious is seen as endemic, spanning the four corners of the world. Getting the Pope to apologise in Ireland, as he did in America, will not mean people will forgive and forget.
              Given the fact that billions of pounds/dollars has and still is being paid out in compensation; such monies accrued through church collections etc, will leave a bitter pill in the mouths of those who subscribed to such collections.
              It is not suprising, that priest's today attract little respect from the laity and it would seem that this great nail in the coffin of the Catholic church will signal a rapid decline in its global power & authority.
              Last edited by Guest; 29-11-2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diddler View Post
                For many years the Catholic Church dominated & influenced political thinking in Ireland, until there yoke of dominance was broken. With the current report of child abuse carried on for many years by the clergy, irreparable harm has been visited upon the Catholic church. There would seem to be a big move away from organised religion as the integrity & trust in such institutions declines rapidly. Child abuse, perpetrated by the religious is seen as endemic,
                spanning the four corners of the world. Getting the Pope to apologise in Ireland, as he did in America, will not mean people will forgive and forget.
                Given the fact that billions of pounds/dollars has and still is being paid out in compensation; such monies accrued through church collections etc, will leave a bitter pill in the mouths of those who subscribed to such collections.
                It is not suprising, that priest's today attract little respect from the laity and it would seem that this great nail in the coffin of the Catholic church will signal a rapid decline in its global power & authority.
                And the hypocrisy of it all. Suffer little children to come onto me, yeah right.

Comment

i think they closed the confession box door after the altar boy has bolted

Comment

Originally posted by Camouflage View Post
                    The Roman Catholic Church has abandoned the true spirit of Christianity hundreds of years ago. 500 years ago a German monk by the name of Martin Luther started the reformation process in Germany. His work is still unfinished to the very day. It is our holy duty to carry on his work, exposing the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church as the hypocrites and frauds they really are. Yes, let's drive a final nail into the coffin of those Satanists posing as Christians.

God bless.

Are you for real???? Martin Luther did a good thing when he translated the bible...but thats about it....his opinion on Jews was atrocious! I would say he was maybe one of the first recorded racists..

Comment

I agree MKM. Where the feck have you been - rang you etc

As for abuse by so called clerics. it woiuld appear that it is not just confined to the Catholic Church - I kniow that for a fact from someone very close to me although it hurts that what we were taught as kids turns out to be a big lie although I still believe in God. If I lose that, I think I might lose my principles.

Comment

Oh I wouldn't be too fond of Luther. Lets see some of the things he (in)famously said:

About women:

"Even though they grow weary and wear themselves out with child-bearing, it does not matter; let them go on bearing children till they die, that is what they are there for."

"God created Adam master and lord of living creatures, but Eve spoilt all, when she persuaded him to set himself above God's will. 'Tis you women, with your tricks and artifices, that lead men into error." "The bondage of the Will,"

"The Devil can so completely assume the human form, when he wants to deceive us, that we may well lie with what seems to be a woman, of real flesh and blood, and yet all the while 'tis only the Devil in the shape of a woman. 'Tis the same with women, who may think that a man is in bed with them, yet 'tis only the Devil; and...the result of this connection is oftentimes an imp of darkness, half mortal, half devil...."

"How often have not the demons called 'Nix,' drawn women and girls into the water, and there had commerce with them, with fearful consequences."

"Women...have but small and narrow chests, and broad hips, to the end that they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children."

And he had a special 'love' for Jews:

"If I had to baptise a Jew, I would take him to the bridge of the Elbe, hang a stone around his neck and push him over with the words 'I baptise thee in the name of Abraham'."

"Their synagogues ... should be set on fire."

"Either God must be unjust, or you, Jews, wicked and ungodly. You have been, about fifteen hundred years, a race rejected of God."

"What shall we Christians do now with this depraved and damned people of the Jews? ... I will give my faithful advice: First, that one should set fire to their synagogues. . . . Then that one should also break down and destroy their houses. . . . That one should drive them out the country."

"Their homes (Jews) should be broken down and destroyed. They ought to be put under one roof or in a stable, like Gypsies, in order that they may realize that they ... are ... but miserable captives."

"Moreover, they are nothing but thieves and robbers who daily eat no morsel and wear no thread of clothing which they have not stolen and pilfered from us by means of their accursed usury. Thus they live from day to day, together with wife and child, by theft and robbery, as arch-thieves and robbers, in the most impenitent security."

Hitler quoted him often and called him a great reformer. He was quoted by other Nazis especially on his birthday which happened to be was on Kristalnache.

A sick and evil man in my opinion.
                        Last edited by Rashers; 30-11-2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                          Are you for real???? Martin Luther did a good thing when he translated the bible...but thats about it....his opinion on Jews was atrocious! I would say he was maybe one of the first recorded racists..
                          Nobody is perfect and the good lord works in mysterious ways. I agree, Luther's views on the Jews were wrong. Not just wrong, but even repulsive. But you have to evaluate his views in the context of history. He only reflected what was back then (500 years ago) more or less generally accepted public opinion.
                          Camouflage

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                            Oh I wouldn't be too fond of Luther. Lets see some of the things he (in)famously said:

About women:

"Even though they grow weary and wear themselves out with child-bearing, it does not matter; let them go on bearing children till they die, that is what they are there for."

"God created Adam master and lord of living creatures, but Eve spoilt all, when she persuaded him to set himself above God's will. 'Tis you women, with your tricks and artifices, that lead men into error." "The bondage of the Will,"

"The Devil can so completely assume the human form, when he wants to deceive us, that we may well lie with what seems to be a woman, of real flesh and blood, and yet all the while 'tis only the Devil in the shape of a woman. 'Tis the same with women, who may think that a man is in bed with them, yet 'tis only the Devil; and...the result of this connection is oftentimes an imp of darkness, half mortal, half devil...."

"How often have not the demons called 'Nix,' drawn women and girls into the water, and there had commerce with them, with fearful consequences."

"Women...have but small and narrow chests, and broad hips, to the end that they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children."

And he had a special 'love' for Jews:

"If I had to baptise a Jew, I would take him to the bridge of the Elbe, hang a stone around his neck and push him over with the words 'I baptise thee in the name of Abraham'."

"Their synagogues ... should be set on fire."

"Either God must be unjust, or you, Jews, wicked and ungodly. You have been, about fifteen hundred years, a race rejected of God."

"What shall we Christians do now with this depraved and damned people of the Jews? ... I will give my faithful advice: First, that one should set fire to their synagogues. . . . Then that one should also break down and destroy their houses. . . . That one should drive them out the country."

"Their homes (Jews) should be broken down and destroyed. They ought to be put under one roof or in a stable, like Gypsies, in order that they may realize that they ... are ... but miserable captives."

"Moreover, they are nothing but thieves and robbers who daily eat no morsel and wear no thread of clothing which they have not stolen and pilfered from us by means of their accursed usury. Thus they live from day to day, together with wife and child, by theft and robbery, as arch-thieves and robbers, in the most impenitent security."

Hitler quoted him often and called him a great reformer. He was quoted by other Nazis especially on his birthday which happened to be was on Kristalnache.

A sick and evil man in my opinion.
                            He more or less said what every preacher felt back then. Remember he lived 500 years ago, and public opinion has changed a lot since. But then again, Satan is a shape-shifter, a great deceiver, nobody can deny this
                            I was once told by a historian that Luther eventually retracted some of the views he held earlier on certain issues.
                            Henry Ford, the American car manufacturer, held similar views about the Jews . He was frequently quoted by Hitler as well. But Hitler conveniently overlooked the fact that Ford retracted all his negative views about the Jews a few years earlier. People can change their views, you know.
                            Camouflage

Comment

Enough about Luther, he was every bit as bad and worse than those priests we condemn.

Comment

Working...
                              X