Boards.ie Interview with Senator David Norris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boards.ie Interview with Senator David Norris

Dave interviews Senator David Norris (http://www.norrisforpresident.ie) on his hopes to secure a presidential candidate nomination for the 2011 elections.

Questions were asked by the Boards.ie membership ranging from his thoughts for the presidency and why he's the best person for the job.

'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

I might be wrong, but in view of especially the last crop of politicians, I would give this man the job

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      Dave interviews Senator David Norris (http://www.norrisforpresident.ie) on his hopes to secure a presidential candidate nomination for the 2011 elections.

Questions were asked by the Boards.ie membership ranging from his thoughts for the presidency and why he's the best person for the job.

What are his chances of getting a nomination? Can you remind me what is needed, I seem to remember Senators and someone else is involved?
      Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

I believe he needs the backing of a mob - sorry a party but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
          What are his chances of getting a nomination? Can you remind me what is needed, I seem to remember Senators and someone else is involved?
          I'd say he has a slightly better than 50% chance of being nominated. If the sleaze campaign to blacken his reputation hadn't begun I think he'd have been well ahead.

The presidential college here is very complicated. You have to be nominated by a given number of county councils, and/or a number of sitting TDs and the government have some extra nomination power as far as I know.

Someone can correct me on that.

Comment

It is my humble opinion it is out of kilter and is not what modern Ireland is about

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
              It is my humble opinion it is out of kilter and is not what modern Ireland is about
              What is, RB?

Comment

The 'campaign' or whatever it is that a reporter/writer/journalist or whoever she is stirred up

Comment

olhedah fellah should pay more respect,
                  apllez go afteh appleh

Comment

Originally posted by Zoli View Post
                    olhedah fellah should pay more respect,
                    apllez go afteh appleh
                    I doubt if anyone could disagree with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X