Nurses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurses

Having spent some time lately in hospital, after the initial shock my mind standed to ponder about life, and values.
    I was watching those angels running around looking after everyone, tirelessly dedicated to their chosen profession. Then I started comparing how valuable they are......... footballers get an stupidly enormous wage to kick a ball around the field, but in reality if they never kicked a ball again who would suffer? no one, because they dont really matter in the scheme of things, but Nurses, and Doctors and generally everyone in health care are so little thought of, because some use the excuse............ "they chose to do that job" rubbish, the job chose them, they have compassion, and love of their fellow man. It is not just a job to them. why do we laud sportsmen? ok they give us entertainment, but surely to Christ NUrses and Doctors are worth much much more in our society than we give them credit for
    Last edited by Paddy; 19-07-2011, 12:22 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Having spent some time lately in hospital, after the initial shock my mind standed to ponder about life, and values.
    I was watching those angels running around looking after everyone, tirelessly dedicated to their chosen profession. Then I started comparing how valuable they are......... footballers get an stupidly enormous wage to kick a ball around the field, but in reality if they never kicked a ball again who would suffer? no one, because they dont really matter in the scheme of things, but Nurses, and Doctors and generally everyone in health care are so little thought of, because some use the excuse............ "they chose to do that job" rubbish, the job chose them, they have compassion, and love of their fellow man. It is not just a job to them. why do we laud sportsmen? ok they give us entertainment, but surely to Christ NUrses and Doctors are worth much much more in our society than we give them credit for
    Very good post Paddy, and so true, Nurses, are overlooked so much, yet they are the ones that deal with people every day and sometimes put up with the crap from people . They are the ones on the front line , they are the ones that have the personal relationship with sick people, and a good Nurse is worth her/his weight in Gold. Some Nurses, are better than Dr in some cases. They really are not paid enough and not praised enough... Nice thought Paddy and glad your feeling better.
    It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

I totally agree with Paddy and Reggie Nurses are the most amazing people,and so under appreciated ,we usually only see them when we are in dire straits then once we are better we tend to forget those wonderful ladies,and men who have seen us through the worst days of our lives,and sometimes the best.I for one think their jobs are much harder than a Doctor's the Docs diagnose but the Nurses do all the hard work,shots bedpans,and much worse, but they are always there with a kind word and a genuine caring attidude to their patients and the family's ,God bless every one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
        I totally agree with Paddy and Reggie Nurses are the most amazing people,and so under appreciated ,we usually only see them when we are in dire straits then once we are better we tend to forget those wonderful ladies,and men who have seen us through the worst days of our lives,and sometimes the best.I for one think their jobs are much harder than a Doctor's the Docs diagnose but the Nurses do all the hard work,shots bedpans,and much worse, but they are always there with a kind word and a genuine caring attidude to their patients and the family's ,God bless every one of them!
        what can I say but Ditto......................

Comment

We'd be screwed when in the hospital w/o good nursing, and now days they train the nurses to procedures that the doctors used to do.

I think as for empty the bed pans & the other nasty work, they have lower grade health assistant aids do the dirty work.
          I believe in.......

Comment

My oldest sister was a nurse all her life. She was almost strangled by a patient. Her 'speciality' if yoiu can call it was cancer patients - she gave her working life to these patients

My daughter Blue contracted meningocis mengingitis aged 3 years of age. Her case was diagonesed as almost hopeless - kidney failure etc

Specislists prescribed and nurses nursed 24 hours a day ensuring the medication was given correctly

Nurses were given the option as whether they wanted to nurse Blue and all signed up - they are earth angels

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
              My oldest sister was a nurse all her life. She was almost strangled by a patient. Her 'speciality' if yoiu can call it was cancer patients - she gave her working life to these patients

My daughter Blue contracted meningocis mengingitis aged 3 years of age. Her case was diagonesed as almost hopeless - kidney failure etc

Specislists prescribed and nurses nursed 24 hours a day ensuring the medication was given correctly

Nurses were given the option as whether they wanted to nurse Blue and all signed up - they are earth angels
              They sure are RB, thankfully your daughter recovered.............good nursing

Comment

Working...
              X