Property & Water tax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property & Water tax.

Seems as though there is a €100 property and water tax coming down the line, is this the thin end of the wedge ????
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
    Seems as though there is a €100 property and water tax coming down the line, is this the thin end of the wedge ????
    Nah... but it'll open the floodgates...
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Sheelbee, its a disgrace the amount of charges ordinary people have to pay to bail out the crowd who masquared as respectible bankers and property tycoons. If the the cute hoors like Bono etc kept their money in the country it would go a good way to help

Maybe I am wrong but I think doing away with the rates was wrong - it was done for popular opinion. Every householder and business etc, including my parents who lived in a Corpo house - it was part of the rent - paid a portion of the rates

We got rid of the Poll Tax here, a tax on every working person of the same value - I would have been paying the same as the Sultan of Bhrain etc

We have a council tax that is not great but it means it is based on householders and not on all irregardless of whether they own a home or not

I would advise all to strongly oppose water privatisation - we pay for our water seperately and the water companies are owned by people outside the UK, just like the Gas and Electric companies

I think the best way is to go back to the rating system, based on the value of a house or any other premises and get rid of all the 'quick' fix taxes imposed in recent times

Just an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
        Sheelbee, its a disgrace the amount of charges ordinary people have to pay to bail out the crowd who masquared as respectible bankers and property tycoons. If the the cute hoors like Bono etc kept their money in the country it would go a good way to help

Maybe I am wrong but I think doing away with the rates was wrong - it was done for popular opinion. Every householder and business etc, including my parents who lived in a Corpo house - it was part of the rent - paid a portion of the rates

We got rid of the Poll Tax here, a tax on every working person of the same value - I would have been paying the same as the Sultan of Bhrain etc

We have a council tax that is not great but it means it is based on householders and not on all irregardless of whether they own a home or not

I would advise all to strongly oppose water privatisation - we pay for our water seperately and the water companies are owned by people outside the UK, just like the Gas and Electric companies

I think the best way is to go back to the rating system, based on the value of a house or any other premises and get rid of all the 'quick' fix taxes imposed in recent times

Just an opinion
        In many places (like where I live), water is in short supply, and people cannot be using whatever they feel like using, so it can make sense to make people pay a small amount for water, but if they use too much then their rates would go sky high. If I had a big front and back lawn, my water bill would probably soar to $300/month to keep it watered in an arid climate.
        I believe in.......

Comment

Originally posted by Curious Girl View Post
          In many places (like where I live), water is in short supply, and people cannot be using whatever they feel like using, so it can make sense to make people pay a small amount for water, but if they use too much then their rates would go sky high. If I had a big front and back lawn, my water bill would probably soar to $300/month to keep it watered in an arid climate.
          I used to pay rates which covered everything including water - there is loads of water here

Tatcher sold off the water to speculators outside the UK, including some in the UK who do not invest in infrastructure - ask himself - he is an expert having worked in the industry for over 40 years

I pay council tax and water rates. I do not have any problem paying council tax but I begrudge paying money to the get rich brigade who dont invest

Comment

Good news for people with a second property (holiday home) listening to Phil Hogan (Minister for More Misery) on Pat Kenny yesterday, at present second properties attract a tax of €200 NPPR, under the new system that will be dropped and you will only have to pay the (standard tax) of €100...............so he says, but then didn't Enda Kenny say Roscommon Hospital was safe from cuts.........
            Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
              and it wont stay €100 for long! When rates were done away with back in mid 70s we paid £750 for that last year, can you imagine what that would be in todays economy.

Comment

I pay 125 a month over a ten month period Womble as successive governments cut the grants they made to local councils. It is a disgrace I know but I know where i stand. The charges I am mostly up in arms about are energy and water - sold off to god knows who by the frughing rusty iron so called lady. these companies are coining it in

Comment

Working...
                X