Booze.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booze.

As we seem to have a lot of experts on this particular subject, do you think the Government should double the price of drink to discourage underage drinking ?????
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
    As we seem to have a lot of experts on this particular subject, do you think the Government should double the price of drink to discourage underage drinking ?????
    they should halve it,,,take off the designer label and no kids would buy it
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

10 euro a pack of smokes hasn't stopped smoking why do people assume that and increase in price will sop the problem... kids save for drugs... they'll save for drink...

and yes quinner all children buy booze cause of the pretty labels

Comment

I don't think its the price that is the problem..more an atitude that we have to booze..look at France were they seem to get a healthy respect for it at an early age..

Comment

Originally posted by Adoc View Post
          I don't think its the price that is the problem..more an atitude that we have to booze..look at France were they seem to get a healthy respect for it at an early age..
          Agree with you Adoc we do have a "fatal attraction" to the booze, I think the drinks industry are being disingenuous with their drink aware slogan, which needs a magnifying glass to see on the ads that glamorise the "benefits" of drinking. How cool is it to be pissed out of your head and vomiting in the gutter.......

Comment

Agree with you Adoc we do have a "fatal attraction" to the booze, I think the drinks industry are being disingenuous with their drink aware slogan, which needs a magnifying glass to see on the ads that glamorise the "benefits" of drinking. How cool is it to be pissed out of your head and vomiting in the gutter.......
            Very

Comment

well i donno, having raised kids in toronto with the drinking age being 19, the price of booze never stopped the underage kids drinking..they just watered down the stuff their parents had in their home bars.....or robbed the stuff...or got fake ids................kids wanna drink theyre going to drink...my theory was never about stopping mine drinking but rather teaching them to drink responsibly and i have to say my kids turned out more sensible than me lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Kiddeh View Post
                Very
                Such a profound answer.............care to elaborate....

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                  well i donno, having raised kids in toronto with the drinking age being 19, the price of booze never stopped the underage kids drinking..they just watered down the stuff their parents had in their home bars.....or robbed the stuff...or got fake ids................kids wanna drink theyre going to drink...my theory was never about stopping mine drinking but rather teaching them to drink responsibly and i have to say my kids turned out more sensible than me lol..
                  Find that hard to believe.......more sensible !!!

Comment

Such a profound answer.............care to elaborate....
                    I don't need drink though i do thoroughly enjoy one with my pals... i can hold my drink as a few people here will testify to... now my mam and dad did exactly what i'll do with my kids (if i have any) and bought me drink when they felt i was going to go out and start drinking anyway and that way they knew how much i was drinking and more importantly where i would be... which also meant i told them every time i was going to go out and indulge in the lovely liquid...

now with reference to sheelbees question basically people who get sick are people whom drink to much... i'm glad to say i never do (get sick that is... not drink to much unless i'm out with the family at which time it's nearly a certainty for some reason) and for the record i said "Very" as a joke... sheelbee you are the Knight of joke remarks... i'm just being your apprentice and doing what my elders are... like kids and drink

for the record quinner is the king

Comment

Yeah although there is something in the celts that drives them to get bladdered..genetic or as Christopher Hitchens said

"I drink to make people seem less boring"!!

Comment

we did the same thing with our kids too morgan and none of them are what you would call drinkers....there was never the urge to rebel thro drink.....but when they were going thro their teenage years.....much of their entertainment was happening in our house with their friends...they could bring anyone home......and we knew who all their friends were...and they were always nice kids.......lota effort went into parenting i tell ya lol..

only one of my kids smokes....and shes probably the one who shouldnt she has a heart condition...

Comment

I think where there's a will there's a way....I remember rooting through my
                          parents' wardrobe and finding an old bottle of Cinzano Bianco and polishing it
                          off alone...it was foul but after the first glass seemed okay......neither of
                          my parents drank (except Mum had the odd glass of Harvey's Bristol Cream
                          at Christmas) so I think maybe I did rebel a bit.....but I don't think however
                          you bring the kids up with regard to drink, they'll go their own way in that regard.

Comment

my mother never touched a drop of booze in her life........except buckfast wine...cos it was made by the monks and i guess being protestant she figured it might help her somewhere in her dealings with the holy church...holy wine she called it...i agree about the kids, but i sorta think you take a firm stand on something and ban it they will naturally gravitate towards it to prove ya wrong and see what its like...whats that movie where beth middler said, kids dont come with a book of instructions lol...well that resonated in my brain for years....cos i sorta wished they did

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                              my mother never touched a drop of booze in her life........except buckfast wine...cos it was made by the monks and i guess being protestant she figured it might help her somewhere in her dealings with the holy church...holy wine she called it...i agree about the kids, but i sorta think you take a firm stand on something and ban it they will naturally gravitate towards it to prove ya wrong and see what its like...whats that movie where beth middler said, kids dont come with a book of instructions lol...well that resonated in my brain for years....cos i sorta wished they did
                              but if we had instructions we wouldn't be as much fun

Comment

Working...
                              X