Mount Cashel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Cashel

Just watched a very disturbing film last night.....the Boys of St Vincent.....it was about an orphanage in Newfoundland, Canada.....where so much abuse took place....that was bad enough....but the cover up was even worse.....As far as I can ascertain the film was to be one of fiction....but now it is a work of non fiction and is actually on utube.........the name of the orphanage was actually Mount Cashel Orphanage...and run by Irish "Christian" brothers......
    It is what it is.

The catholic church and it's popes, cardinals, bishops, priests, nuns etc have a lot to answer for.

And those who knew what was happening and did nothing... or hid what was happening are equally as evil.

It was the present pope's job to shield the Vatican against scandal, thus part of the reason for his nickname when he was Ratzinger.... 'The Pope's Rotweiler'.

It's well past time when the pope should be answering questions too!
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      The catholic church and it's popes, cardinals, bishops, priests, nuns etc have a lot to answer for.

And those who knew what was happening and did nothing... or hid what was happening are equally as evil.

It was the present pope's job to shield the Vatican against scandal, thus part of the reason for his nickname when he was Ratzinger.... 'The Pope's Rotweiler'.

Amazingly the 'Christian' brothers have the worst record in respect of abuse and yet are the most recalcitrant in facing up to their responsibilities.
      Where are Mr Shatter's and Mr Quinn's promised legislation to bring the Church to heel in this matter.
      It would seem that despite all the talk and rhetoric by Kenny et al that we are still a priest ridden society.
      noli illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post

Popes are surplus to requirements in this modern age.Why should any man,or woman,be put on a pedestal and kow towed to?If indeed there is a God then surely He never meant this kind of carry on with cardinals,bishops etc etc? We are all equal in this world .The Catholic church is not doing itself any favor by keeping this farce going,that's my personal opinion anyway.And while I'm on my soapbox,let me add I don't agree with royalty either,though I did enjoy the wedding,lol

Comment

Originally posted by one eye View Post
          Amazingly the 'Christian' brothers have the worst record in respect of abuse and yet are the most recalcitrant in facing up to their responsibilities.
          Where are Mr Shatter's and Mr Quinn's promised legislation to bring the Church to heel in this matter.
          It would seem that despite all the talk and rhetoric by Kenny et al that we are still a priest ridden society.
          good pun there one eye! lol

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
            Popes are surplus to requirements in this modern age.Why should any man,or woman,be put on a pedestal and kow towed to?If indeed there is a God then surely He never meant this kind of carry on with cardinals,bishops etc etc? We are all equal in this world .The Catholic church is not doing itself any favor by keeping this farce going,that's my personal opinion anyway.And while I'm on my soapbox,let me add I don't agree with royalty either,though I did enjoy the wedding,lol
            You leave my Royals out of this................
            Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
              Popes are surplus to requirements in this modern age.Why should any man,or woman,be put on a pedestal and kow towed to?
              Calvin and Luther would have fully agreed Maire...
              Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                Calvin and Luther would have fully agreed Maire...
                If I was to give an errant brat a clip on the ear I would be hauled through the courts. These people have raped and buggered generations of children..............Where are the Gardai and DPP...????
                Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

a friend of ours has been back and forth to dublin for the past 10 years, hes involved in one of these cases...............10 years and its not over...that sorta says it all doesnt it..

i saw that progam too pam......there was also a case involving a convent and abuses too....and these are the people we are told we can entrust our precious children to..............i would not let my grandson even join the boy scouts ive developed such a fear of letting them into situations with other adults...

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                    ...i would not let my grandson even join the boy scouts ive developed such a fear of letting them into situations with other adults...
                    Is that not an over reaction MKM ?? Our kids are / were involved in scouts, soccer, GAA, athletics, youth clubs, cycling clubs and more - they all gained immensley from participating with other young people in these activities. While I agree with vigilance at all times - sacrificing a young person's opportunity to take part in sporting and leisure activities because of an invisible threat is, I believe, a step too far.

Comment

yea probably is.....willie thinks it is too..but in our early days here in canada i worked with many of the non-profit groups and dealt with many abuse situations so became very leery.....it almost seemed to me many of these organizations were a frickin magnet for these perverts....i think if you have any fears you gotta be prepared to put the time in with your kids and volunteer, i did that with my own lot but cant with the grandkids...my daughter is more relaxed about it all or probably would be if i let up on her lol... im friggin terrified something will happen to them..

Comment

ohhhhhhhhh....they are involved in the gaa, sports, cycling etc etc..its just the boy scouts i have this immense fear of lol...i think its because of the camping trips and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                          ohhhhhhhhh....they are involved in the gaa, sports, cycling etc etc..its just the boy scouts i have this immense fear of lol...i think its because of the camping trips and stuff
                          Our two youngest are just back from a week's camp with the Scouts in Waterford - they've been doing it for years as have their older siblings. I know many of the leaders involved - my missus was involved for a while - and I know how difficult it can be to get to get parents to volunteer their spare time... I also know how tight the guildlines and vetting are for adults to become involved - but things need to be kept in perspective... our lot have also travelled with football teams, on school trips, to the Gaeltacht etc. - all of which involve adult supervision... the idea that they could have lost out on all that is unthinkable.

Most child sexual abuse occurs in the home - behind closed doors - and not with strangers...

Comment

true...but you see although the clergy have been top dogs in the media with abuse ive known kids it happened to at school....at dance class, in a park, in places youd never even consider a threat..in fact a babysitter i used when my own kids were small had her daycare later closed down cos her teenage son was molesting the little boys and how he got caught was one of the little girls got jealous of the extra attention the boys were getting..totally by accident eh.....its not always clergy...i volunteered a lot at the g/kids school and had to go thro all kinda checks including police checks to be vetted but you have to wonder about these checks too.....if your not registered as a sex offender well how would anyone know...

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                              Our two youngest are just back from a week's camp with the Scouts in Waterford - they've been doing it for years as have their older siblings. I know many of the leaders involved - my missus was involved for a while - and I know how difficult it can be to get to get parents to volunteer their spare time... I also know how tight the guildlines and vetting are for adults to become involved - but things need to be kept in perspective... our lot have also travelled with football teams, on school trips, to the Gaeltacht etc. - all of which involve adult supervision... the idea that they could have lost out on all that is unthinkable.

Most child sexual abuse occurs in the home - behind closed doors - and not with strangers...
                              You are so right Cogs. I in no way mean to diminish the pain and suffering that survivors of abuse....by anyone...continue to endure, but unfortunately we hear the bad stories but the good ones get glossed over. Think of the millions of kids every year who take part...safely...in so many activities. All we as parents. grandparents neighbours etc is try to be watchful without being paranoid.

Comment

Working...
                              X