X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss vote to ban minarets

Common sense triumpfs in Switzerland

Swiss vote to keep their country Christian

The people have spoken and I applaud their decision to defend traditional Christian values.

(CNN) -- Swiss voters on Sunday adopted a referendum banning the construction of minarets, seen by some on the far right as a sign of encroaching Islamism.

"The Federal Council respects this decision," said a statement from Switzerland's government. "Consequently the construction of new minarets in Switzerland is no longer permitted. The four existing minarets will remain.

"It will also be possible to continue to construct mosques," the government statement said. "Muslims in Switzerland are able to practice their religion alone or in community with others, and live according to their beliefs just as before."

As of 10 a.m. ET, 57 percent of voters had cast ballots in favor of the ban, according to Swiss media reports. Continue reading at
    Swiss voters on Sunday adopted a referendum banning the construction of minarets, seen by some on the far right as a sign of encroaching Islamism.
    Camouflage

Stockpile supplies, learn survival skills, pray!

I do not live in Switzerland so am not qualified to comment. Your views?

Comment

Common Biddy, this guy has NO VIEWS of his own, he's been brainwashed and I suspect makes posts such as these so as to provoke comment as this is probably the only way the poor wee thing can get anyone to talk to him... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
        Common Biddy, this guy has NO VIEWS of his own, he's been brainwashed and I suspect makes posts such as these so as to provoke comment as this is probably the only way the poor wee thing can get anyone to talk to him... lol

MM anybody?
        Last edited by Womblemum; 02-12-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

MM anybody?

huh ?

Comment

MM

Mere male ? Micky Mouse ? Most Mesmerising ? Mad Max ? Mostly Mad ? Man Made ? Marvelous Mervin ? Mighty Mouse ? Masked Man ? Molly Malone ? Mighty Midget ? Mother Mary ? Mary Magdalene ? March Madness ? Marching Men ?

Common help us out here !!

Comment

Motor Mouth ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bang Bang View Post

MM anybody?
                you only reaching that conclusion now????

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                  He He .....Lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre Madden View Post
                    He He .....Lol.....
                    I Only realized what MM was now lol
                    They are watching me

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                      For Capt Patch

Hey, I don't know what your problem is here, mate. Judging by a comment about Gitmo you posted on another thread you seem to have a problem with Americans. I can honestly tell you that I am very unhappy about the situation the Bush administration landed us in. I am even more unhappy about the fact that the current administration is doing nothing to get us out of this damned mess. I kept out of the last election, but previously supported Ross Perot - not Bush nor Clinton- in both his attempts to get elected. Nor do I like it that Washington is dragging other nations, including Ireland, into that messy conflict. There's German soldiers coming home in body bags as well and it just ain't right. Therefore, if you have a problem with these wars then take it up with the head honchos in DC, but don't attack and insult me, a man who is more than sympathetic to your concerns.
                      Camouflage

Comment

Ehhhh maybe wrong conclusion jusdging by post no 11.....apologies Camouflage!

Comment

Ehhhh maybe wrong conclusion jusdging by post no 11.....apologies Camouflage!
                          Don't know what your conclusions were, but apologies accepted, Womblemum.

God Bless.
                          Camouflage

Comment

Question Camo...I see your location is Fort Wolverine....is that anywhere near Fort Lucan????

Comment

Question Camo...I see your location is Fort Wolverine....is that anywhere near Fort Lucan????
                              No, I am nowhere near Lucan. Fort Wolverine is the name of my house, which I always take with me when moving.
                              The house rules are simple:

No Feds
                              No IRS
                              Nobody from the government full stop.
                              Do not cross my threshhold uninvited if you value your life.
                              Never mind the dog but beware of owner.
                              Last edited by Camouflage; 03-12-2009, 02:03 AM.
                              Camouflage

Comment

Working...
                              X