president of ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• president of ireland

is having a very highly paid president a wise thing in view of the economic crisis
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    is having a very highly paid president a wise thing in view of the economic crisis
    Joe, a silly question, since when have we ever done the right thing in this fair land..............Next question please..
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
      Joe, a silly question, since when have we ever done the right thing in this fair land..............Next question please..
      true......but you never know lol

Comment

true......but you never know lol
        In these straightened times we have a record number of candidates spending vast amounts of "our" money to secure a handy little number for the next 7 years. If we could only elect all 7 and make them HAPPY.........Fairies and away come to mind..........

Comment

In these straightened times we have a record number of candidates spending vast amounts of "our" money to secure a handy little number for the next 7 years. If we could only elect all 7 and make them HAPPY.........Fairies and away come to mind..........

there is vast amonts of your money being spent almost everywhere....but can the president's salary be justified....start at the top and work down.....europe has rewarded the public sector out of all proportion to the private sector (wealth creators)...you have to start somewhere

Comment

I do not think we need a highly paid president, but I think we should have a president

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
              I do not think we need a highly paid president, but I think we should have a president
              agreed......what can you do about it????

Comment

agreed......what can you do about it????
                Next question please....Nada...

Comment

Next question please....Nada...
                  have you given up

Comment

I have not given it much thought as to what I could do about it

Comment

have you given up
                      In the words of me ould mate the Rev. Ian.....NEVER...NEVER............Zoli for resident...

Comment

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/an...r-2335138.html

I have not given it much thought as to what I could do about it
                        same as most people.......but why.....they are public servants

Comment

same as most people.......but why.....they are public servants
                          I think because we can not just force them to lower the salary and we do not trust them to lower it themselves, as the article says,

"And it is not in the interest of the political class to suggest reducing the pay of the incoming President. Why, if you reduced the presidential pay, next thing you might have to reduce the pay and expenses of TDs, senators, councillors, quangocrats and all the rest.

So, although I believe the people would support this proposal of doing the job for less, the politicians would not. And they have the power. "

Comment

I think because we can not just force them to lower the salary and we do not trust them to lower it themselves, as the article says,

"And it is not in the interest of the political class to suggest reducing the pay of the incoming President. Why, if you reduced the presidential pay, next thing you might have to reduce the pay and expenses of TDs, senators, councillors, quangocrats and all the rest.

So, although I believe the people would support this proposal of doing the job for less, the politicians would not. And they have the power. "
                            And we elected those same politicians to represent "us"......Talk about listening to the people................me arse.

Comment

wrong!!!!!!...the people have the power........and it can be used peacefully

Comment

Working...
                              X