this is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is great!

My cousin in Oz whom I just reconnected with yesterday told me about this site, and I'm delighted to have joined up. I'm from the NCR near the Phoenix Park, but have been in Canada since 1974. I was last in Ireland in 2001, and was so happy to see how well the country was doing - but also a little sad at how americanized it was too - some people call that progress I guess.

I do read the independent online daily,and I'm just stunned at how drugs have taken such a hold on the country, and even more amazed at the outrageous amounts of money some of these civil service wankers are making, and their pensions - God, don't even go there! How on earth can they be justified?

Anyway, I hope to add my 2 cents worth every now and again, and I look forward to chatting with some of yiz in time.

Easy on there cuz, there are spies from the US watching us !! lol

Welcome cuz and good to catch up with yez. Have a look at the old pics of Dublin and if yer good we'll even tell you about "tudder" site that has even more but they have a censorship on photos that sort of delays comment !

Comment

Check with MKM as she's from your part of the world and I'm sure you'll find a few from Nt.Circular as well

Comment

brienster, you are so welcome!

It's always great to greet a new member and friend, but Captain Patch is somewhat of a Guru here!
        Attached Files

Comment

Ahhh, common Bang Bang there are only a few here in the Guru league and I ain't one of em. I'd put yerself, Rashers, Boxman, MKM and Harolds Cross girl as the Gurus and the rest of us feed offa youse for our entertainment. Anyhow I'm sure Brienster will come to look forward to getting on to the puter daily as much as I do to catch up with you wonderful mix of Dublinees.

Comment

Originally posted by brienster View Post
            My cousin in Oz whom I just reconnected with yesterday told me about this site, and I'm delighted to have joined up. I'm from the NCR near the Phoenix Park, but have been in Canada since 1974. I was last in Ireland in 2001, and was so happy to see how well the country was doing - but also a little sad at how americanized it was too - some people call that progress I guess.

I do read the independent online daily,and I'm just stunned at how drugs have taken such a hold on the country, and even more amazed at the outrageous amounts of money some of these civil service wankers are making, and their pensions - God, don't even go there! How on earth can they be justified?

Anyway, I hope to add my 2 cents worth every now and again, and I look forward to chatting with some of yiz in time.
            Sorry for being late in welcoming you aboard brienster. You'll soon weed out the nutters from he wise ones here.... but the nutters provide more fun... and I might well be one of them god help me.

Feel free to add your 2 cents worth on any thread or topic... and if you have a few cents left over my address is.....

A big welcome aboard to a fellow Dub.
            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Hi Brienster Hope you have many good hours in here as I do
              They are watching me

Comment

hey welcome Brianster, good to have a fellow canook here to keep all these flippin dubs in line hehe..

we wont hold it against you that you have a relative in OZ after all its not your fault...and we sorta got a bit attached to yer man the captn hehehe.....im east of toronto in the middle of the worst house move i ever made in my entire life ...and that includes emigrating.. ..where are you located???

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                  I'd put yerself, Rashers, Boxman, MKM and Harolds Cross girl as the Gurus .
                  Ahh will ya ever learn to spell proper!?

It's not G U R U

It's G U R R I E R.

Now, don't say I don't learn ya things!

Comment

Originally posted by brienster View Post

How are you Brienster , I am the baby on here .....very Quiet and Ladylike unlike the rest of the gurriers ....that get on......oh and I am from Cabra West .......so very near you at home ......a Great Big Welcome to you

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre Madden View Post
                      .very Quiet and Ladylike
                      *Koff koff splutter*... sip of water and I'll be grand.

Sorry, I was drinking coffee when I read the above.

Comment

Shes lying thro her false teeth brianer....shes as old as the hills and a cranky old git..

NOW me...im the youngest..great sense of humor, always in a great mood cept when im not..dont pay any heed to yer wan....and i absolutely love Deirdre hehehhe

and i think yer spellin is great...rashers uses spell check all the time hehhee

Comment

And Im a Gurrier me Mammy would be so proud she always said I would make somthing of meslef. Just borrowing this
                          They are watching me

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                            . You'll soon weed out the nutters from he wise ones here.... but the nutters provide more fun... and I might well be one of them god help me.

Feel free to add your 2 cents worth on any thread or topic... and if you have a few cents left over my address is.....

A big welcome aboard to a fellow Dub.
                            Brienster, let me add my welcome to all the others, like Deirdre and MKM I am also from Cabra West but unlike them I have stayed the pace and still live here!!!!!!
                            Despite what Rashers says I was under the impression that it was a necessary requirement to be a bit of a nutter to enjoy this site so I am sure you will fit right in lol

Comment

but i came from the posh end of ratoath road....(facing the purchase houses hehehhee...me and red biddy)

womblemom is my sister by another mother and father.....be nice to her.

Comment

Working...
                              X