Leopardstown Classic Bike Show & Jumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leopardstown Classic Bike Show & Jumble

For those of you in or close to Dublin tomorrow (Saturday 12th November) you should consider calling by the Tote hall and grandstand area of Leopardstown race course for the annual classic bike show and jumble.

This show goes from strength to strength each year. So if you're into classic motorbikes then call by and see some fine machines from yesteryear, classic Japanese, British and other bikes for show and for sale.
    There will also be the usual mountains of old parts, garage signs etc, and my favourite, the old style bike pin that adorned many a leather jacket in the 1950's and '60's.

Rashers if you fancy a trip to the show then let me know and I'll pick you up in the morning. The show starts at 10am and you know what they say about the early bird

Hey Fortypence .... keep yer eye out for Eamon McHenry as I think he may have a bike or two there. ..... if so,? say hello from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
      Hey Fortypence .... keep yer eye out for Eamon McHenry as I think he may have a bike or two there. ..... if so,? say hello from me.
      I will for sure. I remember you mentioning him before and I think I was chatting to him at the show once as he was with a McHenry that I know from racing, that's Herbie McHenry.

It's a brilliant show, I'll try remember to take a few photos and I'll post them up here.

Comment

Herbie is Eamon's nephew. Have a great day at the show.

Comment

It was a fine day for the bike show, even though most of the show is indoors, the sunshine brought out many classics where lads rode to the show.

Prices on some classics came down a bit on recent years but there were still some sellers asking silly money for parts, projects or complete bikes, so some of those sellers I'd say had a full van going home. But there were genuine bargains and many cheap rare parts to be picked up. I failed to get the parts I need for the old Honda so it's back to the internet for me. I did manage to pick up a couple of old jacket pins and a metal sign of a Manx Norton for my shed.

Cap't Patch I never got to se any of the McHenry's there today, but the crowd was large as I could've easily have been close.

The first pic is a nice classic 1964 Triumph. The second photo is a 1961 Heinkel Tourist 175. The third photo is a couple of 1960's Lambretta's, all of these were riden to the show by their owners.
          Attached Files

Comment

Great pictures. Those are some seriously cool bikes.

Comment

Working...
            X