The Cardboard College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cardboard College

Did any members of this site attend St Pauls Primary School,Queen St or maybe know someone who did? I was a pupil there during the 50s.I would love to hear from any of my old fellow pupils and would like to know the history of the school as well,like the year it opened and the year it closed etc.I think it would have closed during the late 50s and maybe 1960 at the latest.Part of the school was in Blackhall St and I know for a fact this part was still open in 1958.I remember the names of some of the teachers[Masters] from my time there.Johnny Burke,Jerry Coyne,Mr Fitzsimons[Fitzie],Mr Walsh,Mr Sullivan,Mr Fitzgerald and Mr Naughton are a few who come to mind.I heard about a Mr Crean and Mr Cummings who were before my time there.Some of my classmates were Tommy Delaney,Michael Murphy,Joe Peppard,Christy Flanagan,Robbie Murray,just to name a few.In my childhood some of the adults referrred to the school as ''Pierces''.A Mrs Shanley from Queen St used to be the cleaner there and was in charge of the ''cookery''.I think this was for boys who had moved from the area,to Cabra and further,who couldn't go home for lunch.It would be great treat for me to make contact with an old school mate from those far off days.

sorry cant help.....but hopefully someone here can.....good luck hope you manage to connect with someone !!

Comment

Originally posted by paudge View Post
      Did any members of this site attend St Pauls Primary School,Queen St or maybe know someone who did? I was a pupil there during the 50s.I would love to hear from any of my old fellow pupils and would like to know the history of the school as well,like the year it opened and the year it closed etc.I think it would have closed during the late 50s and maybe 1960 at the latest.Part of the school was in Blackhall St and I know for a fact this part was still open in 1958.I remember the names of some of the teachers[Masters] from my time there.Johnny Burke,Jerry Coyne,Mr Fitzsimons[Fitzie],Mr Walsh,Mr Sullivan,Mr Fitzgerald and Mr Naughton are a few who come to mind.I heard about a Mr Crean and Mr Cummings who were before my time there.Some of my classmates were Tommy Delaney,Michael Murphy,Joe Peppard,Christy Flanagan,Robbie Murray,just to name a few.In my childhood some of the adults referrred to the school as ''Pierces''.A Mrs Shanley from Queen St used to be the cleaner there and was in charge of the ''cookery''.I think this was for boys who had moved from the area,to Cabra and further,who couldn't go home for lunch.It would be great treat for me to make contact with an old school mate from those far off days.
      Hi Paudge Have you tried looking for your old school friends on this web site --->>>>> http://www.classmates.ie
      And you could try the Friends Reunited web site

Comment

Thanks Mickjoe,Gonna check those sites.

Comment

You are Welcome Paudge... Good luck with your searches.

Comment

Still on lookout for old school friends,no luck yet but enjoying the search,just treating it as a hobby.Dont want to get too serious about it,its a long time back,another world ago.

Comment

cardboard college

Just to let people know regarding my search for old school friends,I met up with a man recently who attended St Pauls School Queen St in the 50s.He is a few years older than me and would have been ahead of me in school.However it was great to chat to him,we both knew some of the same people who lived in the area and he is still living in the area himself.There must be plenty more out there who went to St Pauls,just a matter of finding them,you never know where you could come across an old school mate,some could be living around the corner and you could pass them by every other day without recognising them.I'll keep looking.

Comment

Working...
              X