Should FF take Bertie back ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should FF take Bertie back ?

FF's Dublin Central branch issued an invite to Bertie Ahern to rejoin the party after a four year absence. Ahern resigned in 2012 following the findings of the Mahon Tribunal on political corruption.

Micheál Martin however is less than impressed - he was making moves to expel Ahern from Fianna Fail four years ago before his resignation. He made it clear during the week that Ahern was not welcome - this in turn has caused some tensions within the party. Bertie is convinced he can 'assist' Fianna Fail and it's flagging fortunes in Dublin.

What do you think ?
    Sure thing... why not ?
    0%
    Not on your nellie... he's a disgrace.
    0%
    Everything is self-evident.

Originally posted by cogito
    FF's Dublin Central branch issued an invite to Bertie Ahern to rejoin the party after a four year absence. Ahern resigned in 2012 following the findings of the Mahon Tribunal on political corruption.

Micheál Martin however is less than impressed - he was making moves to expel Ahern from Fianna Fail four years ago before his resignation. He made it clear during the week that Ahern was not welcome - this in turn has caused some tensions within the party. Bertie is convinced he can 'assist' Fianna Fail and it's flagging fortunes in Dublin.

What do you think ?
    Take Bertie back......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      Take Bertie back......
      Bertie was here...................before
      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

I doubt taking him back will damage FF rep with the Irish population that much. Most either hate him or love him already and those opinions ain't going to change much if he rejoins FF. Sure he brings back memories of the collaspe of the economy but Mehole was part of the Boom and Bust FF government too and many haven't forgotten that either. And for all Mehole rebuilding the party he hasn't had much success in getting rid of the old guard.

If you look at it rationally Bertie was one of the greatest election winning Taoiseach in Irish political history so he is too good of a devious barsteward to leave on the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
          I doubt taking him back will damage FF rep with the Irish population that much. Most either hate him or love him already and those opinions ain't going to change much if he rejoins FF. Sure he brings back memories of the collaspe of the economy but Mehole was part of the Boom and Bust FF government too and many haven't forgotten that either. And for all Mehole rebuilding the party he hasn't had much success in getting rid of the old guard.

If you look at it rationally Bertie was one of the greatest election winning Taoiseach in Irish political history so he is too good of a devious barsteward to leave on the sidelines.
          Another Donald Trump.......though a miniature unimportant one....

Comment

Another Donald Trump.......though a miniature unimportant one....
            LOL

Comment

There was a great man called Ahern
              ''I'm a winner, and that's how I earn''
              'my people adore me'
              'the bookies deplore me''
              'and the gobshoites will just never learn'

Comment

There was a great man called Ahern
                ''I'm a winner, and that's how I earn''
                'my people adore me'
                'the bookies deplore me''
                'and the gobshoites will just never learn'
                I see you haven't lost your touch.joe

Comment

John Gillegan is back so why not Bertie,what a pair.

Comment

Heard someone mention him and Miriam O'Callahan for the Aras .......sweet mother of God , have we sunk so low ........would be on a par with Trump / Clinton .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Heard someone mention him and Miriam O'Callahan for the Aras .......sweet mother of God , have we sunk so low ........would be on a par with Trump / Clinton .
                      She would have to take a paycut, RTE wages 280k, presidents wages 250k. Both her and Bertie may be FF inclined too as her brother Jim is a sitting TD.

Comment

If anyone can stick up the Vincent Browne show that was aired tonight , then have a think on weather this mu mu mu mu muppet should be brought back into the fold ..........also , good piece with David Mc Williams on the Claire Byrne Show .

Comment

How could anyone even envisage the thoughts of this lying con man ever being invited back into the party he destroyed, or him even having the balls to believe he would be accepted by the voters, though stranger things have happened, and some people are just plain dumb. It just goes to show that politicians have no shame or morals.

Comment

News

Local Fianna FAIL PARTY seeks permission to dig up charlie haughey with the hopes of winning a seat for the party

Comment

Originally posted by antmel View Post
                              Local Fianna FAIL PARTY seeks permission to dig up charlie haughey with the hopes of winning a seat for the party

From the Horse's mouth...?

Comment

Working...
                              X