Patrick street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick street

Hi new to the site I'm looking for old pictures of Patrick Street before the tenements were demolished my grandfather was reared on Patrick Street I have no pics of were he spent his youth! He lived in 44-45 Patrick Street along with many relatives!!! His mother Josephine Geraghty, he was an only child his name was John (jack) Bowes he was a post man here in Finglas!! Any pics of Patrick Street you have could you pass them on I am doing my family tree and would love a pic of where he was born thanks

Ger there are some photos of Patrick Street on the Old Pics Thread. Welcome to the site and have a look at the Genealogy thread you might get some tips there as well.

Comment

Thanks just trying to get used to the layout I already seen some of the old photo's they are great thanks for replying

Comment

Originally posted by Ger84 View Post
        Thanks just trying to get used to the layout I already seen some of the old photo's they are great thanks for replying
        hello ger84, and welcome...i can still smell the fresh bread from kennedy's bakery in patrick street.....i was born in wood street..just the other side of the park.....my half of the street is gone now
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

My grandfathers childhood home is gone to trying to find old photo's and long lost relatives that lived with him on Patrick street!!! Found some brilliant photo's on here just not having any luck finding relatives!!! It's like they never existed ah well will keep on trying they have to come out sometime

Comment

Patrick st

Originally posted by ger84 View Post
            hi new to the site i'm looking for old pictures of patrick street before the tenements were demolished my grandfather was reared on patrick street i have no pics of were he spent his youth! He lived in 44-45 patrick street along with many relatives!!! His mother josephine geraghty, he was an only child his name was john (jack) bowes he was a post man here in finglas!! Any pics of patrick street you have could you pass them on i am doing my family tree and would love a pic of where he was born Thanks
            are you sure it was 44 patrick st what year

Comment

Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
              That what it says on the register of electors for 1937-1949!!! Biddy Holmes was living there too!! Along with a good few people Tommy thanks for the info u passed on I am following the Jimmy Dunne lead you mentioned

44/45 Patrick Street there are a family of Gannons who u mentioned aswel Biddy was in the register of electors up until the 60's I have to check it manually after that as they aren't on the computer system yet!!
              Last edited by Ger84; 17-12-2011, 06:32 PM. Reason: Left out a few details

Comment

Tommy, Ger is the person I was looking for the info from you for!!

Comment

here are pics of Patricks street Ger they are probably on here already but this keeps them in one place
                  Attached Files

Comment

Patrick st

My old petshop this not where biddy holmes lived she lived further down the rd over my first pet shop

Comment

Jeangenie thanks very much a few iv never seen

Tommy I can understand why you are asking if my address is correct I thought that Biddy Holmes lived over your Pet Shop!! These photo's show no flats over your shop????

Comment

My old petshop this not where biddy holmes lived she lived further down the rd over my first pet shop
                        Oh grand I didn't know you had 2 shops

Comment

Part of Patrick Street in the 1930s heading towards Nicholas Street or would it be all Nicholas Street? I was never sure where one ended and the other started
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                            Part of Patrick Street in the 1930s heading towards Nicholas Street or would it be all Nicholas Street? I was never sure where one ended and the other started
                            i think nichoas street started at the bride road..i cant remember my relations number now....second bock on the right first hallway

i just counted the hallways from bride road.......it is the seventh one where she lived...and seven seems to ring a bell
                            Last edited by quinner; 18-12-2011, 08:10 PM.
                            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X