Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open letter to Enda Kenny.

Dear Mr. Kenny.

Please find below my suggestions for fixing the Irish economy.

Instead of giving billions of Euro's to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it "The Patriotic Retirement Plan".

There are 400,000 people over 50 in the workforce.
    Pay them 1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations.

1) They MUST retire.
    400 thousand job openings -Unemployment Fixed.

2) They MUST buy a brand new car.
    400 thousand cars ordered - Motor industry Fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis Fixed.

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university - Crime rate Fixed.

5) They MUST buy 100 Euro worth of alcohol/tobacco a week....
    And there's your money back in duty/tax.

It cant be any easier than that !!

P.S If more money is needed, have all members of the Dail pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

While I'm on a roll.........Pensioners.

Lets put all pensioners in jail and the criminals in nursing homes.

That way the pensioners would have access to hot showers, hobbies and walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they would RECEIVE money instead of paying out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so the could be helped instantly, if they fell or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cells.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual councelling, pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, pj's and legal aid would be FREE.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.

Each senior could have a PC a TV, radio and daily phone calls..FREE.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left alone unsupervised.

Lights out at 8pm, showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay 600 euro per week and have no hope of ever getting out.

Another-thing Enda while you are listening...

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the Mad Cow crisis our Government could track a single cow, born in Mayo almost 3 years ago, right to the stall where it slept.

And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country.

Perhaps we should give each immigrant a cow !!!

Kind Regards.

A Citizen.
    Last edited by sheelbee; 24-12-2011, 09:44 PM.
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Sheela ..... that was so well said.......and I agree with everything you say.............I dare you to send that in to the government..............cause if you dont .... I will.............
    It is what it is.

Comment

sb....you haven't said how you would cope with floods.........they would be caused by the liffey overflowing...with the wailing of the politicaly correct brigade
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
        Dear Mr. Kenny.

Instead of giving billions of Euro's to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

Pay them 1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations.

1) They MUST retire.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis Fixed.

P.S If more money is needed, have all members of the Dail pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they would RECEIVE money instead of paying out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so the could be helped instantly, if they fell or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cells.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual councelling, pool and education.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

Lights out at 8pm, showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay 600 euro per week and have no hope of ever getting out.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the Mad Cow crisis our Government could track a single cow, born in Mayo almost 3 years ago, right to the stall where it slept.

And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country.

Kind Regards.

A Citizen.
        Just brilliant Sheelbee,I agree with Pammy,send it to the government,and for sure send it to the local paper!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
          Just brilliant Sheelbee,I agree with Pammy,send it to the government,and for sure send it to the local paper!
          Methinks it would be wasted on the Government, they cant handle logic !!!
          Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Dear Mr. Kenny.

1) They MUST retire.

Kind Regards.

A Citizen.
            Sheelbee , I have just come across this post and I must say it is the most simple , logical and so completely obvious resolution that I have ever heard. It's a fantastic idea and makes for great reading. It would be great to hear the government's response to this when you propose it to them. Please let us all know if you hear any response. They would be fools to ignore it. You obviously put a lot of time and effort in to this. Well done, and you are to be congratulated on such a brilliant initiative.

Comment

Sheels, have taken the liberty of sending it to a well placed F G'r asking him to forward it to Enda lol in the meantime I think you should send it to Joe Duffy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                Sheels, have taken the liberty of sending it to a well placed F G'r asking him to forward it to Enda lol in the meantime I think you should send it to Joe Duffy etc.
                Well done Womblemum, and hope you gave sheelbee the credit for it. I'm sure you did. Can't wait to hear the reaction to this.

Comment

brilliant Sheelbee do send it to Dail Eireann!!! look forward to their response!!
                  Dear Mr. Kenny.

1) They MUST retire.

Kind Regards.

A Citizen.
                  UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I think Sheelbee should be the next President of Ireland.Much more common sense than any of those gobshites in there now!

Comment

Sheelbee, I am not sure I agree with the following line

Was it the educated or the uneducated people of ireland that put the country in the state it is in. offcourse you are no doubt right as I don't think any of these people has had to face the courts.

Comment

Dear Mr. Kenny.

1) They MUST retire.

Kind Regards.

A Citizen.

This is just amazing this is one of the best ideas i have seen in a while you are a genius for saying this , good lad ,

Comment

A wonderful letter. I actually sent a letter to the goverrnment here with a copy to the opposition party and awaiting a reply

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                            A wonderful letter. I actually sent a letter to the goverrnment here with a copy to the opposition party and awaiting a reply
                            just like to know....is it usual to get a reply from the serving government
                            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

yes quinner it is. Usually in the form of a prepared statement. I had one recently about the privitatisation of the NHS. Of course governmentsd dont bother with people like me, their highly paid advisors do the dirty work

Comment

Working...
                              X