cushings disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cushings disease

Just wondering if anyone has heard off or had any dealings with cushings disease?

My time on prednistone last summer resulted in a whole pile of diseases id never heard of before, cushings disease being one of them....everything seems to have cleared up slowly since i stopped the drug and the autoimmune disease seems to have gone into remission all cept this annoying disease, it will clear up the drs say but they cant say when

No matter what i do i ant lose weight and its driving me absolutely crazy

You might need some help. I know quite a few people with weight probs and no matter what they did had no luck losing it. With the help of the following they got a reak kick start. It might be worth asking your Doc as I know nothing about it.
    The HCG Diet - Lose 1 - 2 Pounds a Day, with HCG Drops - Real ... www.hcgdiet.com/Cached - Similar
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    At HCGDiet.com you can see real results of people who have lost 1-2 pounds a day with the HCG Drops. Over 100000 people have succeeded on the HCG Diet.

Comment

Helen Cushings is caused by a tumor on the base of the pitutary,and if you google Cushings you will understand it better.Bettys ex Daughter in law has it,and I know she is doing fine,she is in her 40s,just like me lol.I know they can help you,so don't stress too much,I know the weight thing is a bummer but with Cushings it is cortisol in your body causing the thickness.Good luck my friend,you are a real trooper.hugs Marie x

Comment

i'll have a look at the diet womble....im pretty much on a diet of no carbs....fruit veggies and lean meat and fish.....and im gaining weight even though im keeping to around 1200 calories a day....the dr said its cos of the cushings disease....but doesnt seem to know if theres a way to control the weight with the disease..i also exercise..mind you have only been able to do that in the past 6 weeks....but im hoping it'll help..other than that my solution is to stop fecking eating and drinking lol...

Comment

I never heard of it until now when I looked it up

Cushing's disease is a metabolic disorder caused by long-term exposure to an excess of the hormone cortisol in the body. It is an uncommon variant of Cushing’s syndrome. Learn about the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, testing, and treatment plan.

however, I recognise it as I have a friend overseas that was wafer thin but when her asthma got really bad and she was on medication for a long time she put on a lot of weight

Comment

marie i didnt google the disease lol..cos my dr said not to id have a fit if i read about it....the cushings i have is caused by the prednistone not by a tumor though lol......whats the most annoying is my fricking hair is starting to fall out .....jazus ....

Im so sorry to hear about bettys ex daughter in law but im glad shes doing well......other than the weight and hairloss i dont have any other symptoms so its all odd eh..

Comment

it can be dangerous to completly cut out ALL carbs,but if you have cushings the diets wont make a difference until it is controlled.Jaysus I don't mean to sound like the Oracle,just don't want you doing anything dangerous.I don't believe Cushings is life threatning,so don't be scared to google it!

Comment

Aww marie dont worry it takes a lot to shake me lol... Reason the dr told me not to google it was id told him if he announced i had any other bloomin diseases i was going to cut his"......hair? Off lol

I just read the link bigs and i think time will take care of it by itself according to the link cos its drug induced. That bloomin prednistone did so much bloomin damage ill never take it again

Comment

If, as Maire says that usually Cushing is a result of a tumour, maybe that is why the Dr advised against googling seeing as you are not in the same catagory. I have had personal experience of a similar problem as you know MKM....the condition while symptomatically the same..the googled info does not apply.

Comment

Yes your right. ...sucks to be 38 eh lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      Yes your right. ...sucks to be 38 eh lol.
                      I wasnt aware that delusions were one of the symptoms??????

Comment

Now I am concerned as I have had several doses of prednisone over the past 10 yrs,all with good results,I might add.And shots of steroids for bad knees, hips etc,as I have psoriatic arthritis.don't need knee replacement or anything like that,it is just inflammation and the shots are great for that,last around 9 months for me.God isn't aul age bliss? lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                          I wasnt aware that delusions were one of the symptoms??????
                          Lol Womble,aren't we all delusional?

Comment

lol.......but its a great delusion girls isnt it?

Marie im so happy the fecking prednistone works for you...it works for loads of people i know too...a friend of willies was diagnosed with Giant cell arteritis the same time as me..and hes on a huge dose of the drug since then and will be on it for at least 2 more years...he never had one side effect..and he didnt put on an ounce of weight.....were as i ended up like a beached whale who couldnt breath or move lol..the luck of the draw i guess darn it

Comment

Cushing is caused by (among other things...) corticosteroid medications (Prednisone is one - which you already know)
                              The Mayo Clinic recommends the following (in addition to whatever your doctor is doing)
                              The length of your recovery from Cushing's syndrome will depend on the severity and cause of your condition. Remember to be patient. You didn't develop Cushing's syndrome overnight and your symptoms won't disappear overnight, either. In the meantime, these tips may help you on your journey back to health.
                              • Increase activities slowly. You may be in such a hurry to get your old self back that you push yourself too hard too fast, but your weakened muscles need a slower approach. Work up to a reasonable level of exercise or activity that feels comfortable without overdoing it. You'll improve little by little, and your persistence will be rewarded.
                              • Eat sensibly. Nutritious, wholesome foods provide a good source of fuel for your recovering body and can help you lose the extra pounds that you gained from Cushing's syndrome. Make sure you're getting enough calcium and vitamin D. Taken together, they help your body absorb calcium, which can help strengthen your bones, counteracting the bone density loss that often occurs with Cushing's syndrome.
                              • Monitor your mental health. Depression can be a side effect of Cushing's syndrome, but it can also persist or develop after treatment begins. Don't ignore your depression or wait it out. Seek help promptly from your doctor or a therapist if you're depressed, overwhelmed or having difficulty coping during your recovery.
                              • Gently soothe aches and pains. Hot baths, massages and low-impact exercises, such as water aerobics and tai chi, can help alleviate some of the muscle and joint pain that accompanies Cushing's syndrome recovery.
                              • Exercise your brain. If you're recovering from any cognitive difficulties as a result of Cushing's syndrome, mental exercises, such as math problems and crossword puzzles, may improve your brain function.

I know it's easy to say - and much harder to do, but don't let it get you down. Cushings isn't always 'worst case'. The excess weight will come off as long as you stay off corticosteroid medications. Good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X