Paul William. The Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul William. The Sun

WHile I cant abide these redtop tabloids, I happend to glance at it while waiting for my Chinese take out fri night. It was an old copy maybe a day or 2 but my attention was grabbed by a headline that said something like "Gun Nut grinned as he opened fire"
    It was in relation to the man who fired at Gardai and subsequently turned one on himself in Newport, Tipperary. IT caught my eye as I know people in Newport
    I read through the story and I wondered, did PAul Williams ACTUALLY come down and investigate this story or did he ring his friend in LImerick who has a granny living in Newport and get her to ask the postman what he heard happened. This , I cant say journalist, Im not sure what he classes as but this was just deadbeat writing.
    Firstly the man was not grinning. From the people I heard from he was crying. NOw he fired at Gardai and they were able to disarm him and fair play to them. HOwever sadly he had a second weapon which he used to take his own life.

Paul has decided this man was a Gun Nut. Then so am I. I have three guns at home. Does that make me a nut. HAs this person no human decency that he might imagine this mans family reading a paper.

Its typical of what I see this man write most the time. Then he comes on the tv and goads Gangland. I think he feels a bit hard done by Veronica Guerian. Maybe if they winged him so he could get a bit more press coverage he'd be happy. Does he honestly belive he is a hard hitting investigative reporter?
    He is a hack, an ambulance chaser. And it was said to me long ago by a member of .ie, he is responsible for winding up elements of gangland into mythical figures and also goading some of those same people to commit murders and atrocitys they wouldnt have done if Paul wasnt out on his Noble Crusade.

Originally posted by Ballinamoe View Post
    WHile I cant abide these redtop tabloids, I happend to glance at it while waiting for my Chinese take out fri night. It was an old copy maybe a day or 2 but my attention was grabbed by a headline that said something like "Gun Nut grinned as he opened fire"
    It was in relation to the man who fired at Gardai and subsequently turned one on himself in Newport, Tipperary. IT caught my eye as I know people in Newport
    I read through the story and I wondered, did PAul Williams ACTUALLY come down and investigate this story or did he ring his friend in LImerick who has a granny living in Newport and get her to ask the postman what he heard happened. This , I cant say journalist, Im not sure what he classes as but this was just deadbeat writing.
    Firstly the man was not grinning. From the people I heard from he was crying. NOw he fired at Gardai and they were able to disarm him and fair play to them. HOwever sadly he had a second weapon which he used to take his own life.

Paul has decided this man was a Gun Nut. Then so am I. I have three guns at home. Does that make me a nut. HAs this person no human decency that he might imagine this mans family reading a paper.

Its typical of what I see this man write most the time. Then he comes on the tv and goads Gangland. I think he feels a bit hard done by Veronica Guerian. Maybe if they winged him so he could get a bit more press coverage he'd be happy. Does he honestly belive he is a hard hitting investigative reporter?
    He is a hack, an ambulance chaser. And it was said to me long ago by a member of .ie, he is responsible for winding up elements of gangland into mythical figures and also goading some of those same people to commit murders and atrocitys they wouldnt have done if Paul wasnt out on his Noble Crusade.
    Never liked his style of "journalism" always came across to me as a fake.
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
      Never liked his style of "journalism" always came across to me as a fake.
      This man has an ordinary life up to the point something went wrong for him and he took his life. And Paul feels he has the right to label him a "Nut".

I hope his family never suffer a suicide. Or at least if they do I hope the Journalists that cover it are more charitable than him.

Comment

This man has an ordinary life up to the point something went wrong for him and he took his life. And Paul feels he has the right to label him a "Nut".

I hope his family never suffer a suicide. Or at least if they do I hope the Journalists that cover it are more charitable than him.

stop reading newspapers...................
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

What do you need all those guns for anyhow ?

Comment

I have never, thankfully, met Paul Williams and have no wish ever to do so. You got it in 1 in your post Moe. Mr Williams has made a very good liviing from massaging the egos of the so called "crime lords" If he and his ilk did not laud them so loudly in print maybe we would not have quite the same amount of kids attempting to gain the same notoriety. There was a saying widely used years ago....What they don't know they make up....and that about sums up Mr Williams. He has been caught out any number of times in half truths and innuendo but unfortunately that does not make headlines. And yes, I think he is dead jealous, no pun intended, of Veronica Guerin!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
            stop reading newspapers...................
            I have done quinner a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
              What do you need all those guns for anyhow ?
              I have a shotgun for Clay pidgeon Shooting. And shooting crows and pidgeon off corn.
              I have a rifle for target shooting and foxs and Rabbits.
              And I have a vintage gun for sentimental reasons.

Comment

I have a shotgun for Clay pidgeon Shooting. And shooting crows and pidgeon off corn.
                was that the one you used to protect the lady's honour???

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                  was that the one you used to protect the lady's honour???
                  Ye wouldnt want to rely on that one to defend anything. lol

Comment

Well while I would not call you a gun nut, some of us ( me included ) would find it cruel to be killing creatures that have as much right to occupy the earth as you and I , they are no threat to your wellbeing .

Comment

Well while I would not call you a gun nut, some of us ( me included ) would find it cruel to be killing creatures that have as much right to occupy the earth as you and I , they are no threat to your wellbeing .
                      Yes, lots of people take that view and you are entitled to it. And in some cases, I know quite a few, who shoot for the sake of killing something. Personally, I clay shoot for fun.
                      I dont pheasent shoot as I dont eat them so dont see the point. My wife eats Rabbit, hence I would shoot 5 or 6 a year.
                      And clearing vermin off crops is a necessity.
                      IM not apologising for my shooting but I can understand people being against it when it is done for no reason.

But to get back to the point. This man was a member of a gun club. OBviously he had some personal problems which sadly overcame him. I think it is a gross insult to this mans family to paint him as a Michael Ryan (Hungerford Massacre) type indiviual.

Comment

Yes, lots of people take that view and you are entitled to it. And in some cases, I know quite a few, who shoot for the sake of killing something. Personally, I clay shoot for fun.
                        I dont pheasent shoot as I dont eat them so dont see the point. My wife eats Rabbit, hence I would shoot 5 or 6 a year.
                        And clearing vermin off crops is a necessity.
                        IM not apologising for my shooting but I can understand people being against it when it is done for no reason.

But to get back to the point. This man was a member of a gun club. OBviously he had some personal problems which sadly overcame him. I think it is a gross insult to this mans family to paint him as a Michael Ryan (Hungerford Massacre) type indiviual.
                        Thats fair enough if you are eating what you kill , I just think that some shooters hide behind excuses because there is nothing more sad as our land denuded of wildlife , the mink and grey squirrels are probably our biggest problem and I would agree , they have no place here , the rest are indigenous and are either in the food chain or carry out some service ( like carrion eating road kill etc , ) but the proximity of a gun has certainly been responsible for some suicides and non premeditated killings BTW just read this morning , there are 3 suicides a day in this country , thats scandalous

Comment

Thats fair enough if you are eating what you kill , I just think that some shooters hide behind excuses because there is nothing more sad as our land denuded of wildlife , the mink and grey squirrels are probably our biggest problem and I would agree , they have no place here , the rest are indigenous and are either in the food chain or carry out some service ( like carrion eating road kill etc , ) but the proximity of a gun has certainly been responsible for some suicides and non premeditated killings BTW just read this morning , there are 3 suicides a day in this country , thats scandalous
                          bo, that is horrendeous...........
                          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Agree with most of that. PArticularly Mink. Also deer culling at times is a necessity. THough Regulation of that area needs work. Personally, I prefer Venison from a farm as opposed to wild.

I have had a number of friends commit suicide as IM sure we all have.
                            All bar 1 were hangings. One was with a shotgun. Obviously it is a danger which is why my guns are always securely locked away and access is by key (Which only I have) and pin code (Which only I have.)

Comment

I dont know much about guns etc.....but I know there are way too many suicides in this country ..... much more than people being killed on the roads......and hanging is the usual way......I have had some family and aquaintances use this method........I know this is not the right thread but it is very worrying......and I personally do not know the answer....in fact if there is one..
                              It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X