hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hope

with all the doom and gloom about.....is there anything that people have to look forward to...............
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Your poems quinner, but seriously we only have one life, so we should embrace it as long as we can.
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
      Your poems quinner, but seriously we only have one life, so we should embrace it as long as we can.
      my outlook as well.............

Comment

silver spoon.....as some of my poems are about the hard times......do they bring doom and gloom, or are they uplifting, because we are so much better off now......
        i would just like an outside opinion...please

Comment

I think your poems are lovely.
          As for hope - there's always hope. Whether it's a ray of sun after days of rain, the sound of children laughing, or stranger giving you a smile as you passby. It' the little things keep hope alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
            I think your poems are lovely.
            As for hope - there's always hope. Whether it's a ray of sun after days of rain, the sound of children laughing, or stranger giving you a smile as you passby. It' the little things keep hope alive.
            thanks eileen......i have the knack of seeing the best in everyday things...................my glass is alway half full

Comment

No Joe I find them uplifting. You can't appreciate what you've achieved in life if you don't remember where you started from.
              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                No Joe I find them uplifting. You can't appreciate what you've achieved in life if you don't remember where you started from.
                thanks dave....i try to mix them up with humour, when i joind the army at sixteen and a half, i got all these new clothes, with bedsheets and three meals a day...even a shower.....but we would get wet and cold in training...........i have seen eighteen year olds crying because they were cold, wet and a bit hungry........they looked on it as being in hell.......
                i thought i was in heaven....same situation.....different outlook

Comment

quinner, I'm sure all or most of us have lived though worse than this before. Who remembers kids barefoot in the streets in the 50s.... or the queues for the pawnshops? Who remembers the hardships of the 70s and the hungry '80s as some newspaper called them?

We're all survivors, and by god we'll see this tough time through and come out the other side, stronger and wiser.

As for your poems.... I look forward to them and as I said before I hope you're published, if not it's time to get cracking because your poems deserve a wider audience.
                  'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                    quinner, I'm sure all or most of us have lived though worse than this before. Who remembers kids barefoot in the streets in the 50s.... or the queues for the pawnshops? Who remembers the hardships of the 70s and the hungry '80s as some newspaper called them?

We're all survivors, and by god we'll see this tough time through and come out the other side, stronger and wiser.

As for your poems.... I look forward to them and as I said before I hope you're published, if not it's time to get cracking because your poems deserve a wider audience.
                    rashers.....i agree with everything you say.....but we (us older ones) have the benifit of experience......the generations that do not have that, were brought up to expect things to be easy..............but having said that, maybe it will bring reality into their lives, a hard lesson...but a lesson neverheless......

thank you for your comment about my poems.......i feel that my childhood observations (poems)...belong to every one......my generation, and the following generations.........dublin owns those memories, i just recall them..

i regret i did not do it ten years ago.....i am a havng to rely on outlines....things that not so long ago i would be able to describe in detail......but that is life

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                      silver spoon.....as some of my poems are about the hard times......do they bring doom and gloom, or are they uplifting, because we are so much better off now......
                      i would just like an outside opinion...please
                      hey Quinner,,,,,,every day to me is a Bonus,and your poems make it even better, tomorrow is my 68th B'day,looking foreward to a couple of Guinness's,will have one for ye
                      I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Joe I love your poems too......they are beautifully written and as I said before I WANT you to get them published.....order!!

To look forward to .... Im off to Morocco on Saturday week.......really lookin forward to that....

And Eileen you are so right....the smile on a child's face is so precious.... especially my grandchildrens.....of course!!!! We have all been through hard times and will be again.....but the one thing we all have in our lives is HOPE.......
                        It is what it is.

Comment

Joe, No, your poems are not always uplifting but they are always thought provoking which is something that is a rare thing to be able to do. I, as those who know me will vouch for, am a 100% positive person. My glass is always full. Challenges are sent to test our resilience and ingenuity. If something makes us smile or laugh then that is a bonus....and Joe, I get at least 1 bonus a day from you so thank you friend, you are an amazing man!
                          Oh...and I'm off to Morocco on Sat week too lol

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                            hey Quinner,,,,,,every day to me is a Bonus,and your poems make it even better, tomorrow is my 68th B'day,looking foreward to a couple of Guinness's,will have one for ye
                            a pleasure tommie............

happy birthday to you tommie
                            as you travel life's great road
                            i bet you wish you had your bergen
                            to help you with you load

did you, climb up the sugarloaf
                            and hike round glendaloch
                            did you croos the river dargle
                            just by jumping on a rock

did you make tea in you billy
                            as you marched up to glenbride
                            did you pause to see the beauty
                            with the lakes on either side

well the world now is your oyster
                            and still lots of things to see
                            but i bet you still remember
                            you first night in glencree

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                              Joe, No, your poems are not always uplifting but they are always thought provoking which is something that is a rare thing to be able to do. I, as those who know me will vouch for, am a 100% positive person. My glass is always full. Challenges are sent to test our resilience and ingenuity. If something makes us smile or laugh then that is a bonus....and Joe, I get at least 1 bonus a day from you so thank you friend, you are an amazing man!
                              Oh...and I'm off to Morocco on Sat week too lol
                              Ya never told me ya were goin to Morocco same day......ya kept that a secret......meet ya in the airport for a glass of somethin.....will it be half full or empty I wonder??????????
                              It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X