Ballyboden photos and people from the area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballyboden photos and people from the area

I am looking for photos of Ballydoden in the 50,s and of the people of the area . The Edmondstown Road in particular if anybody has,
    or know's where I may get some.

You wouldn't happen to know Tina Kane,nee Monks, would you ?

Comment

Originally posted by paddybourke View Post
      You wouldn't happen to know Tina Kane,nee Monks, would you ?
      Yes Paddy, Tina and my late father would be first cousins, their fathers were brothers and both were born and reared in St.Patricks Cottages. Maybe you knew my dad Pat Monks.

Comment

Paddy, I am new to this, so apologies if I mess it up. Tina and my late father were first cousins. I have not seen her for a while now tho, you said your wife is from Ballyboden, what was her maiden name?

Comment

Howya Peter, my wife Beatrices' maiden name is Kane,her brother Bobby was married to Tina. Where are you now ?We live in New York,actually Beatrice is home now for a few weeks.

Comment

Paddy, I live in ballyboden, in Moyville. Was'nt there a brother of your wife's living in Pearse Brothers Park? I just recall his name at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Monks View Post
              Paddy, I live in ballyboden, in Moyville. Was'nt there a brother of your wife's living in Pearse Brothers Park? I just recall his name at the minute.
              ye,Thomas lived in Pearse Brs.Pk.,His wife Bridie still lives there.Only one brother left,Liam,he lives in Mornington,Co.Meath & one sister Helen who lives in Glasnevin.Beatrice is with her now for a few weeks.

Comment

Small world Paddy, Thomas was a milkman in Hughes as was my father, I often got a lift home with him from Hughes in his bubble car, i'm sure you remember those death traps.His daughter Aideen and my sister Jennifer are very good friends . I often see his wife going over to the shop with her youngest girl, whose name I cant remember ether.Thing's are pretty dim here just now with the downturn in the economy, but we seem to be keeping heads above the water line.(just about )

Comment

Working...
                X