There seems to be Nun left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There seems to be Nun left

What ever happened to the part that Nuns played in social and healthcare?
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

There is a shortage of nuns, not so many vocations these days. Mind you when the nuns rang the hospitals, they were spotless

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
      There is a shortage of nuns, not so many vocations these days. Mind you when the nuns rang the hospitals, they were spotless
      Well they did have an extensive laundry business..

Comment

oops Napper, I didn't actually mean that, sorry I should have explained. I meant they kept the hospitals clean, you could see yourself in the shine om the floors

Comment

When they ran Hospitals everything was great nurses rarely chatted and there were very few mistakes. The floors were highly polished and eevrything gleamed -

Comment

Thanks Joan, that was the point I was trying to make only I didn't manage to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
              Thanks Joan, that was the point I was trying to make only I didn't manage to do it
              Yes they certainly were kept spotless.

A little bit of history.....

When the Christians arrived in Rome they were just a small uninteresting group and were treated as a nuisance...But as happened in many Cities in those days there were outbreaks of Plagues and such like. and by the fact that they acted differently to the rest of the people who were on the whole Pagan, the Christians got noticed.
              Instead of rushing out of the City and abandoning the sick and the dying they stayed and looked after those that were afflicted. Unlike the Pagans who did not believe in an after-life, the Christians believed that the more they suffered in this life the better the after-life would be for them. So by them staying and tending to the sick there were more lives saved.
              Not being stupid people the Pagans saw the advantages of the Christians wisdom. The rest of course is history.
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Very true and very well summed up Q

Comment

Working...
                X