No announcement yet.

What Are You Reading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely. Prince Philip's mother saved a lot of jewish families in Greece too, also at great risk to herself. These were brave people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
      The novel Cogs refers to only came out last year. The Peck movie was based on an earlier book by JP Gallagher.

Incidentally Joseph O'Connor is Sinead O'Connor brother.
      Thanks Napper - yes was aware of the familial relationship. He doesn't flag it so neither did I.

I saw the 'Scarlet and Black' film many moons ago...Richard Burton was the Nazi baddie ?

The O'Flaherty story is fairly well known - what floored me was Joseph O'Connor's rendition in his book.
      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
        thanks napper - yes was aware of the familial relationship. He doesn't flag it so neither did i.

I saw the 'scarlet and black' film many moons ago...richard burton was the nazi baddie ?

The o'flaherty story is fairly well known - what floored me was joseph o'connor's rendition in his book.
        what did he sing .?

Comment

• The Long Game , [Aoife Moore] , clip from her interview during the week below .. will pick this one up during the week .

https://www.goloudplayer.com/episode...ide-sinn-fein- YTczYTk1NWQ5MmQyM2VhYjI5YjY1ZTMxMGNiZjE1MTM=

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            what did he sing .?
            Okay... retelling.
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• Read The Booker Prize winner 2023 "Prophet Song" Yesterday .....A good read....About how easily a society like ours in Ireland could collapse and turn into a Dystopian Fascist State with harrowing and drastic consequences .......leaves you with sour taste in your mouth and a what if in your head.......would recommend
              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                Read The Booker Prize winner 2023 "Prophet Song" Yesterday .....A good read....About how easily a society like ours in Ireland could collapse and turn into a Dystopian Fascist State with harrowing and drastic consequences .......leaves you with sour taste in your mouth and a what if in your head.......would recommend
                I heard about that on the radio before Christmas. Have to get a copy

Comment

Working...
                X