Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;445666]
    Originally posted by quinner View Post
    ffs..... didja hear bout the bell tringer who goh eze mickey caught up in the rope?
    Yes, name was Richard Tangle.....

Have you got any more jokes about Brexit please......Moselle valley was a really good one.....

''The Grapes'' hahahahahahahahahaha
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=quinner;445669]
      Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post

Have you got any more jokes about Brexit please......Moselle valley was a really good one.....

Billions of pounds for the Grapes.....hahahahahaha

Comment

• [QUOTE=quinner;445669]

I asked what happened to him ye feckin eejih ye.....not what eze name was
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• [QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;445675]
          I asked what happened to him ye feckin eejih ye.....not what eze name was
          Keep your hair on.......Or don't wear it at all.....

I don't know what happened to him........He did drop a Clanger....

Comment

• [QUOTE=quinner;445676]

Keep your hair on.......Or don't wear it at all.....

I don't know what happened to him........He did drop a Clanger....
            no....he was tolled off.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;445682]
              no....he was tolled off.
              Then Cast-away..?

Comment

• [QUOTE=quinner;445685]

Then Cast-away..?
                bollards

Comment

• [QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;445688]
                  bollards
                  Did he a peal.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                    I love the aircraft Cosmo

that's the red barons brothers plane [same squadron] lothar van ricthtopen.

that's lothar sitting in front, and the red fella in the cockpit.
                    23 april 1917.
                    Attached Files
                    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• left, 10th batt royal irish rifles bugle from 1917 .
                      my family after we found my grandads grave after fifty years , we placed a headstone . the man at the back at right was a priest who said a few prayers, he was one of two priests who 'bought an airline'[jesus airways] and rescused hundreds of people mostly children somewhere in Africa, the pilots were American and were paid at first but went on to do it for nothing as they were most impressed with the man,i`ll think of his name later. at the time he was the most wanted man in Africa.

an early 20th century grenadiers officer bearskin with storage case.i have a certificate of provenance .

photo Winston Churchill after capture with some Dublin fusiliers also captured.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                        left, 10th batt royal irish rifles bugle from 1917 .
                        my family after we found my grandads grave after fifty years , we placed a headstone . the man at the back at right was a priest who said a few prayers, he was one of two priests who 'bought an airline'[jesus airways] and rescused hundreds of people mostly children somewhere in Africa, the pilots were American and were paid at first but went on to do it for nothing as they were most impressed with the man,i`ll think of his name later. at the time he was the most wanted man in Africa.

an early 20th century grenadiers officer bearskin with storage case.i have a certificate of provenance .

photo Winston Churchill after capture with some Dublin fusiliers also captured.
                        Great stuff Cos. One question....what graveyard is that ye found him in.....and how did ye find it ....it unmarked an all that ?.

Comment

• jaze dt, that's another story has to told over a pint, but I`ll give ye outline. `bout ten years ago my grandson [9yrs old] was doing a talk in school about Gallipoli it being revered here in oz, he came home and asked me if my dad was in ww1 or ww2, my dad was ww2 so I told him my grandad was in the boer was but not sure if he was in ww1. as it happened myself daughter and grandson were going to Ireland for a wedding I said we`d have a look around and see what we could come up with. before I made a few phone calls to try make a connection [british legion] the lady in the legion gave me two ph numbers. one of the numbers was a man who was Dublin fusilier researcher and he told me my grandad was buried in grangegorman military cemetery, he gave me a number cs......, meself and the missus searched hi and lo but couldn't find it, next day we went again and there was people cutting the grass and generally looking after the graves, I got to talk to them and they told me to go to the phoenix park maintenance office who looks after the cemetery. when we got to the office [only a short walk away in the park] .I explained to the girl what I was looking for, unfortunately she said the manager was away on holidays, but she obliged us by saying we could look through the burial ledgers if we wanted to. she took us to the managers office and reached up to the top of a filing shelf, took down a big ledger with a flat end [binding] and she said have a look through , this next bit is the gods honest truth, she placed the ledger on its end and walked to the door, before she reached the door the book opened out as you`d expect, and there in front of us was my grandas grave number.[I`m glad my wife was standing next to me because people would say , you're a spoofer]. anyway the number I was originally given was different, it was all resurveyed long time ago, and the number I was given cs..... I was told it was catholic section, it was actually colonial section....he`s alongside a group of aussies and n.z . as it turned out the man buried beside his head stone was half on and half off, we had to get permission from Canada to move the headstone about foot and a half..[you might see in the pic]....another little bit of the story, the other mans number I got was living in artane where we were staying with my sister in law, I met him once over a pint, gave him my grandads army numbers,[ he was belonging to the british legion] the night before we were to return to oz he called me to his house and gave me my grandads medals, never clapped eyes on the man before, not a penny was asked for, the only request he asked was on Anzac dawn service go and wear your grandads medals in rememberance of his efforts . ......a chance in a couple of million for those events]

Comment

• ye`ll have te straighten up the cross for me.

that's the priest fr tony byrne, [from cabra ] it was the Biafra and Nigerian horrors goin on at the time.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                              ye`ll have te straighten up the cross for me.

that's the priest fr tony byrne, [from cabra ] it was the Biafra and Nigerian horrors goin on at the time.
                              cos. in 63 we had some Nigerian officers attached to our Battalion.....In one of the newsreels about the Biafa war I am sure I saw one of those officers...

I think he was referred to as a Brigadier then.....and a not so nice one......

Comment

• bits of naval history and irish guards.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X