X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fab picture DTW

Comment

• Painting of High st to me is not a true reflection, all the angles are made to fit,

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        Fab picture DTW
        Thanks V2

Originally posted by archangel View Post
        Painting of High st to me is not a true reflection, all the angles are made to fit,
        Well theres not much you can see of HIGH ST because its all hidden behind the houses.....only bit i can see is the arch, arch......are you sure yer seeing it right.....those two tall houses should be close to the corner with Back Lane....or is it my eyes..... Quinner? ...... what say you....?..you know it as well as any.
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• This was the view looking out of 3 Back lane towards High St, The church spires will give you the true angles,
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
            Thanks V2

Well theres not much you can see of HIGH ST because its all hidden behind the houses.....only bit i can see is the arch, arch......are you sure yer seeing it right.....those two tall houses should be close to the corner with Back Lane....or is it my eyes..... Quinner? ...... what say you....?..you know it as well as any.
            View is of the Crest of a hill going away at all angles.....A nightmare to paint.....

There is no vanishing point to follow.....
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by archangel View Post
              This was the view looking out of 3 Back lane towards High St, The church spires will give you the true angles,
              Yes but we are looking across at Nicholas Street are we not ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
                View is of the Crest of a hill going away at all angles.....A nightmare to paint.....There is no vanishing point to follow.....
                Appreciate that....but this is not about how good Flora Mitchell was or not....it was about bringing the attention of the houses in Nick Street to Archies attention....because he tells us he's fair desparate to see something of that end of Back Lane where he lived....I simply tried to help....and got a Shit- O- Gram for my troubles.....mind you I wish I could paint like Flora Mitchell did....eye teeth.

Comment

Yes but we are looking across at Nicholas Street are we not ?.
                  Sorry, I thought we were talking about the painting.

Comment

• Originally posted by archangel View Post
                    Sorry, I thought we were talking about the painting.
                    Accepted.... I am still trying to find your old house....because it is difficult to find and I love the pic challenges.........so anything I come by that's near it I will let you know.....

Comment

• Those corner houses in the painting are Nickolas St/High St nothing to do with Back st, I am so appreciative of all the effort that is going in to this post Its just that I have to keep coming back to where my tenement was, It was on the left of the hoardings and directley across from the Back Lane refuge,
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Found a Aerial shot,
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Great picture Arch

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

See my old workplace there....looked out the window many time and looked through both arches.....
                              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
                                See my old workplace there....looked out the window many time and looked through both arches.....
                                Where....what ?.

Comment

Working...
                                X