surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery

I had the big toe on my left foot amputated yesterday Jan 10 due to a diabetic issue that, despite all their good efforts for 6 months,they couldn't get it to heal.I actually sat up and watched the surgeon do his work. The toe was completely numb,and it was as if he was working on something detached from me.A totally surreal experience .I never felt a thing.The surgeon turned and saw me looking,and asked if I was ok. I said yes,and he laughed and said it was a first for him to see someone watch what he was doing to them.I had to stop myself from asking for the toe to put in a bottle of liquor. lol It only took 25 minuted to do it. I wonder if any out there ever went through a similar experience?

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
    I had the big toe on my left foot amputated yesterday Jan 10 due to a diabetic issue that, despite all their good efforts for 6 months,they couldn't get it to heal.I actually sat up and watched the surgeon do his work. The toe was completely numb,and it was as if he was working on something detached from me.A totally surreal experience .I never felt a thing.The surgeon turned and saw me looking,and asked if I was ok. I said yes,and he laughed and said it was a first for him to see someone watch what he was doing to them.I had to stop myself from asking for the toe to put in a bottle of liquor. lol It only took 25 minuted to do it. I wonder if any out there ever went through a similar experience?
    It must be a Canadian thing Ed my Granmother had a toe removed when living in Canada and she flew home to Dublin the next day for a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
      It must be a Canadian thing Ed my Granmother had a toe removed when living in Canada and she flew home to Dublin the next day for a holiday.
      Rasher; People will bitch about the health care here in Ontario,but I was in and out of the hospital in an hour and a half. As far as I am concerned,we are very lucky to have such a good health care system,even if is room for improvement.

Comment

I had a lump taken off my face last week with surgery . 25 minutes in and out .

Comment

Many years ago I watched my Vasectomy being done, never felt a thing,
          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
            Do you feel anything now tommie?
            I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
            Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

This guy was watching it too.

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                Do you feel anything now tommie?
                No mate, Tina does it for me

Comment

does the lack of the big toe have an affect on your balance? or do you get an insert for your shoe? Is there a lot of pain after the numbness wears off I can not even imagine watching someone cut off my big toe

Comment

I have also watched some BCC’s being removed,needles are the worst part,

Comment

Ed, can you count to nineteen now...?
                      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

No mate, Tina does it for me

Comment

Oh ffs....no chance.
                          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                            Oh ffs....no chance.
                            We don’t want any more kids when we are 90

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                              does the lack of the big toe have an affect on your balance? or do you get an insert for your shoe? Is there a lot of pain after the numbness wears off I can not even imagine watching someone cut off my big toe
                              I used to drink with Robby Keans uncle and he had his big toe on his hand, he lost his thumb and the doctors said it would be more beneficial to him to have the toe removed and put on his hand.He would lift his hand and say to you
                              I’ll give you a toe in the arse

Comment

Working...
                              X