The Liberties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Liberties

I dont see much about about tht liberys come on you fellow dubs help me to rember them days rember the tivo and the maro and the pally godd times as i am 82 maybe some dont know what i am talking about good dahys come on tommmy

Tommy

I am a bit pissed forgive me still in grief missing my liz

Comment

Hey tommy great to see you...hows it going?? are you heading to dublin this year??

Comment

Hi Tommy,I remember the Mayro.My Granda was born in Bride street,in the Liberties,I thought he was a culchie,lol.Tommy It is good to see you on here,Liz would not want you to be sad.Come on here and chat more often,you've lots of friends on here.Hugs,Marie

Comment

Hi Tommy
          I'm sure you will remember the Liberty Creche in Meath St. It was opposite C J Cremens the Chemist. In he 50s the Creche was run by a German girl called Ulrsala.Had one of my first underage pints in the pub on the corner of Thomas St,I think it was called Bakers. I worked for Mr C J Cremen and made up the special cough mixtures and ointments. All for £1-10 shillings a week. Good money in the 50s.
          I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
          Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

tommy...my ma and da are from bride street, did you ever go to a christmas party in the myra hall...???
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

liberties

Hi Tommy,my gmother was born in Oliver Bond House so she was a frequent visitor to the Tivo,Maro, and knows the place well.. she often tells of the usher in the tivo named Harry who was not a kind person by all accounts!! lots of memories of High St,Thomas St and surrounding pubs and shops. She was friends with the girls who lived in bridgefoot St over the grocery store owned by their Mother, ?Mrs Hayde...Hope to see more of the memories posted..Sallyo

Comment

Originally posted by sallyo View Post
                Hi Tommy,my gmother was born in Oliver Bond House so she was a frequent visitor to the Tivo,Maro, and knows the place well.. she often tells of the usher in the tivo named Harry who was not a kind person by all accounts!! lots of memories of High St,Thomas St and surrounding pubs and shops. She was friends with the girls who lived in bridgefoot St over the grocery store owned by their Mother, ?Mrs Hayde...Hope to see more of the memories posted..Sallyo
                i had relations in oliver bond called charles........and i knew the kelleghers (kielers) there..

yes, harry was a terror, took no nonsense from the kids....but got a lot of stick for it...

Comment

liberties

yes,she knew a Gerti Charles who went to school with her older sister.,kielers also......my ggmother always went to the Myra Hall on a tuesday afternoon,,i suppose it was a meeting place of some kind,.....Sallyo

Comment

Originally posted by sallyo View Post
                    yes,she knew a Gerti Charles who went to school with her older sister.,kielers also......my ggmother always went to the Myra Hall on a tuesday afternoon,,i suppose it was a meeting place of some kind,.....Sallyo
                    myra hall was run by francis street church i believe....we only went there at christmas....and the bayno......

i used to hang out with boys and girls from cook street (st audeons house) flats...

Comment

went to school in the myra hall while they were rebuilding " franner "

Comment

Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
                        I am a bit pissed forgive me still in grief missing my liz
                        Tommy, good to see you posting...we missed you!

Comment

Does anybody rember the little flower in meath st my mam used to send me there with a sweet can to ger a blind stew one day i asked the women why did they call it blind stew she said you will be blind looking for the meat it was all veg it was run by the church all the poor people used it maybe it was a bit before your times yes i am going to dub on the 14 june i booked through budget hoping i get a car one person says no restrictions on age and the other says i have to get a letter from my doctor saying i am in good health and bring a copy of my ins i am living in england almost 50 years but my heart still is in dub i will be going to the bird market in bride st on 18 to bring back happy memories so all my friends lets keep the lib alive tommy

Comment

Trip to dub

I beliv there is a tunnell as you come out of the airport does any where i pick it up and where does i come out so i will have change in euru how much does it cost can anybody help tommy

Comment

Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
                              I beliv there is a tunnell as you come out of the airport does any where i pick it up and where does i come out so i will have change in euru how much does it cost can anybody help tommy
                              it is about 10 euro in peak times and 3 euro off peak, where do you want to drive to Tommy?

Comment

Working...
                              X