Arlene Foster: Ireland pushing border agenda in Brexit talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlene Foster: Ireland pushing border agenda in Brexit talks

Brexit talks remain in deadlock as DUP leader Arlene Foster said the Government has been pushing an “aggressive agenda” on the border issue.

More...

What a dragon ......
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      What a dragon ......
      Mad cow indeed. My friends said she's a disgrace & two of them are guys from the north. Hope its all sorted soon. Theresa may is worse.
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
        Mad cow indeed. My friends said she's a disgrace & two of them are guys from the north. Hope its all sorted soon. Theresa may is worse.
        I'm a Theresa fan, but don't tell quinner.....

Comment

I'm a Theresa fan, but don't tell quinner.....
          If nothing but un-achievable targets are on the table, I can the Brits walking away.
          I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
          Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
            If nothing but un-achievable targets are on the table, I can the Brits walking away.
            Cant see that happening , they would only be walking away to oblivion , and T May knows that .

Comment

Well 'walk away' has been shouted by Ian D-Smith but who'd want to listen to that anti EU wallah. Then we see Boris changed his tune PDQ, about letting them whistle.

But if we ask ourselves what if.... What if UK packed up and walked away ? What happens next ? Does it give Germans and French etc time to think about the massive hole in their export trade to UK.....bearing in mind we'd still be in, and nothing changes until renegotiations restarted....perhaps with clearer minds on the part of the twenty seven.

Then again who stands to dip out most..... Just kicking about food for thought I believe we're better off in than out.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                Cant see that happening , they would only be walking away to oblivion , and T May knows that .
                But how much oblivion Bo ?. Walking away doesn't mean we're out.

Mind you walking away would indicate incompetence in some quarters, and give Corbyn more leverage....The last thing we want is a Tory breakup, giving way to no confidence etc, and a poss gen election, under the circumstances. I could be wrong but anything is possible.

Comment

T May in Bressels to announce a breakthrough on the Irish border question soon.
                  Brexit breakthrough: Theresa May secures divorce deal after compromises on Irish border and EU citizens

Comment

But how much oblivion Bo ?. Walking away doesn't mean we're out.

Mind you walking away would indicate incompetence in some quarters, and give Corbyn more leverage....The last thing we want is a Tory breakup, giving way to no confidence etc, and a poss gen election, under the circumstances. I could be wrong but anything is possible.
                    The worst thing that could happen for everyone concerned would be a GE with the inevitable consequences of a further delay in an EU deal The pound would tank and and confidence in the British economy would erode further . Some of the establishment in the UK seem to want to go down that route by the looks of things . Farage , Rees Mogg , B J , IDS all seem to want anarchy .

Comment

A democratically elected United Kindom Prime Minister,has been brought to her knees by a bunch of non- elected EU Bureaucrats. They say the next, and subsequent negotiations, will be even harder. No agreements have been finalized and it could still end up with a walk away. It's not over till it's over.

Comment

A democratically elected United Kindom Prime Minister,has been brought to her knees by a bunch of non- elected EU Bureaucrats. They say the next, and subsequent negotiations, will be even harder. No agreements have been finalized and it could still end up with a walk away. It's not over till it's over.
                        Huh ??!!
                        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

The only agreement is to go forward to the next round of talks and that is subject to approval by the 27 other states.

As far as the Irish Border and the rest of the “sticking points”are concerned, “nothing is agreed until everything is agreed"
                          GB could still turn the tables and walk away. Too many un-achievable demands could result in this.

Comment

I take it that you are not happy with the agreement Jembo .Why not ?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                              The worst thing that could happen for everyone concerned would be a GE with the inevitable consequences of a further delay in an EU deal The pound would tank and and confidence in the British economy would erode further . Some of the establishment in the UK seem to want to go down that route by the looks of things . Farage , Rees Mogg , B J , IDS all seem to want anarchy .
                              Indeed.... and yes there's some kamikaze merchants out there hell-bent on chaos....IDS is a disgruntled has been loser.

Comment

Working...
                              X