X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
    Next to Johnboy is Theo Dunne another Crumlin man from Stannaway road,
    Richard Dunnes uncle.
    Yep rasher , they lived on the corner of Cashel Road and Stannaway .....

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
      Well Rasher Joe has never smoked or drank and he looks very fit still much the same as in the photo
      I think I saw him on a golf course some years ago and he looked just the same
      It’s great to see people who don’t age,could you ask him what’s the secret Joan other than the drink and cigarettes

Comment

Well Rasher Joe has never smoked or drank and he looks very fit still much the same as in the photo
        Has he still got the tan Joan?

Comment

• lol!

Comment

• The guy on the right back row is Brendan O Brien from Cashel Road.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
              The guy on the right back row is Brendan O Brien from Cashel Road.
              The Back Row Left to Right is
              John Heavey Eric Barber, Paddy Bonham, Paddy Roberts Big Bad Ben, Brendan O'Brien. They were unlucky in that Barcelona game in the Camp Nou. Freddie Strahan failed a fitness test and Theo was unable to play in the second half so in those days no subs allowed. Paddy Bonham put them ahead from the penalty spot and the half time score was 1-1. The game ended 3-1 to Barca.

Comment

• fastest hat trick in senior/European soccer by a mate from ballyfermot ,jimmy O'Connor, for shells against bohs. still stands today ?? [must be a crumlin player here!!]
                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• An itinerant called at my home today she has been calling around the area for years, every month or so.

I started to remember Crumlin in the late fifties when they would come to our door and my friends and I dying to now what millionaire we were going to meet and who fancied us etc would borrow money and enjoy our sessions.

But my Mam and her friends started to and soon the teapot was ready and tea had to be served and a few mouthfuls taken and then a three turn of the cup leaving the used tea leafs

They were often in clusters at the top of the cup or the bottom and sometimes they formed a letter. Oh the excitement of those days and how we looked forward to our supposed changing fortunes lol! Sad when tea leaves went and we were just left with teabags and no clusters which foretold large crowds or parties,

Strangely enough the itinerant who visited My home today came one day in 2001 my Late husband who had little time for them answered the door. I went out to make sure he was not rude to her. She Clasped my hand and looked into my face and said Mam that man is very sick, He died a few months later

Comment

An itinerant called at my home today she has been calling around the area for years, every month or so.

I started to remember Crumlin in the late fifties when they would come to our door and my friends and I dying to now what millionaire we were going to meet and who fancied us etc would borrow money and enjoy our sessions.

But my Mam and her friends started to and soon the teapot was ready and tea had to be served and a few mouthfuls taken and then a three turn of the cup leaving the used tea leafs

They were often in clusters at the top of the cup or the bottom and sometimes they formed a letter. Oh the excitement of those days and how we looked forward to our supposed changing fortunes lol! Sad when tea leaves went and we were just left with teabags and no clusters which foretold large crowds or parties,

Strangely enough the itinerant who visited My home today came one day in 2001 my Late husband who had little time for them answered the door. I went out to make sure he was not rude to her. She Clasped my hand and looked into my face and said Mam that man is very sick, He died a few months later

Ah Joan you are bringing back memories. We didn't have anybody call to the door to read the leaves, but my aunt did it. She was very good too. Everybody would make sure that they drank every drop of tea so that the leaves would spread around the cup for the reading. That was our Sunday night entertainment after the play on the radio.

Comment

• It was great fun Vico I always will remember them saying "Cross my palm with silver" which was usually a half a crown quite a lot in those days, But if a friend had only a shilling and there were a few of us she would reluctantly accept it

Oh it would start off Your going to live a long live with many childer. There are those jealous that they notice if you put a slide in your hair and we all wondered who was that lol! The way we tried to remember it after and if we met someone who had been mentioned we were sure it was going to come true

All the men were tall dark and handsome lol!

Comment

It was great fun Vico I always will remember them saying "Cross my palm with silver" which was usually a half a crown quite a lot in those days, But if a friend had only a shilling and there were a few of us she would reluctantly accept it

Oh it would start off Your going to live a long live with many childer. There are those jealous that they notice if you put a slide in your hair and we all wondered who was that lol! The way we tried to remember it after and if we met someone who had been mentioned we were sure it was going to come true

All the men were tall dark and handsome lol!
                        I remember one night my parents were invited by some cousins on my father's side for a visit. There was a woman there who read the cards. My mother thought a reading would be fun. The woman told her the usual tall dark and handsome man and that she would cross water soon. My poor mother wanted to believe it all. My father said to here "sure you cross water any time you go across the bridge over the canal, it doesn't mean you will be going abroad". She hadn't thought of that, so her visions of trips abroad were killed off.

I do however, remember that my aunt could sense a lot of things which had nothing to do with tea leaves or palm reading. She just had a sixth sense for many things. She used to work with a girl who every day told all the girls about her boyfriends. It was the tea break subject every day. My aunt, for some reason, sensed that this man was married, but not being sure, didn't want to say anything.

One day the girl in question asked my aunt to read the tea leaves. She did and told the girl that her boyfriend was married. The girl got very upset and was quite snappy with my aunt. However, it was on her mind, so on the next date she asked him out straight. It turned out he was married and when she asked why he didn't tell her, his reply was that she didn't ask him.

Comment

• Yes Vico Crossing water was always a good gimmick as was your going to get money. It was easy enough to spot the married men they were the ones that didn't stop at a kiss and a hug lol!

She would then ask you to make a wish and then tell you your wish would be granted in the space of 123 which could be one month one year or two or three.

We were a captive audiance ' Years later married with children I went to see Gypsy Rose Lee with some friends we were out for the night and someone suggested it, She told me I was finished my family big Liar I had two more children

Comment

Yes Vico Crossing water was always a good gimmick as was your going to get money. It was easy enough to spot the married men they were the ones that didn't stop at a kiss and a hug lol!

She would then ask you to make a wish and then tell you your wish would be granted in the space of 123 which could be one month one year or two or three.

We were a captive audiance ' Years later married with children I went to see Gypsy Rose Lee with some friends we were out for the night and someone suggested it, She told me I was finished my family big Liar I had two more children
                            I went to a reader in Templeogue in the 90s who was actually quite good. But she told me I would come into money and the number five was standing out. So I thought of the Lottery, five hundred pounds, or even five thousand. When I left her house I found five pence on the pavement outside.

Comment

An itinerant called at my home today she has been calling around the area for years, every month or so.

Hi Joan I was in Dunnes near work this morning buying teabags, they are still selling loose leaf tea in boxes today. I imagine its the same in other supermarkets. My late godfather and his wife loved making their tea this way using loose leaf and whenever I had a cuppa in their house I was bound to see tea leaves at the bottom of the cup!! Think my mum used to make tea like that when I was young. She started using teabags probably in the early 1980's.
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Tea leafs are messy and now that people have a choice they choose teabags but tea leafs are still on sale. I am told not many people buy them.

My Late Father collected them and put them on his vegies in the garden it was amazing the mountain of tealeaves after a few weeks but my mother always had the kettle on and a cup of tea was a cure for all ills

Comment

Working...
                                X