The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    well I wouldn't know about that! (re warm woman)

Still, I've learnt from this experience........going to make sure I have lots of heaters in future, plus extra duvets and some fuel for the fire (didn't have any in as thought we were moving and i'd cleaned and blacked the grate and everything) and hot water bottles. We're so dependent on central heating that we forget we used to get by very well without it......
    That is too true Katie. I can remember as a child the newspapers being rolled up to put into the grate with the turf to start a fire.

Comment

well the boiler is ten years old, and I think they last 15 on average, so I hope it lasts a bit longer
      I moved into this house 23 years ago and the central heating was already in a few years ....and it's still the same boiler and heating system ..they were built to last then.....last time we had it serviced the guy said he'd never heard of or seen the boiler before .........it doesn't owe us anything at this stage
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

well I wouldn't know about that! (re warm woman)

Still, I've learnt from this experience........going to make sure I have lots of heaters in future, plus extra duvets and some fuel for the fire (didn't have any in as thought we were moving and i'd cleaned and blacked the grate and everything) and hot water bottles. We're so dependent on central heating that we forget we used to get by very well without it......
        lol.....I meant women were only happy when their warm

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
          lol.....I meant women were only happy when their warm
          well that's true, I guess.........everything is more bearable when you're warm

Comment

• Got ours 19 yrs ago , had to be replaced August gone ......probably would have gotten longer if it had of been serviced more ......least you'll be warm now Katie .

Comment

well the boiler is ten years old, and I think they last 15 on average, so I hope it lasts a bit longer
              Our 16th year and not a bother....fingers crossed....but all parts still available off the shelf. Glad ye found out the snag on yours......nothing like I thought, but the processs of elimination is always best....if ye have no cover like me.
              Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 13-12-2017, 01:07 AM.
              We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                Our 16th year and not a bother....fingers crossed....but all parts still available off the shelf. Glad ye found out the snag on yours......nothing like I thought, but the processs of elimination is always best....if ye have no cover like me.
                well i was sure it was the condenser pipe, because it happened at the same time as the snow.....but it was just Sod's law.......

Comment

• hurray! It's fixed!

Comment

hurray! It's fixed!
                    Put back the duvet to where it belongs now

Comment

Put back the duvet to where it belongs now
                      later......still on the sofa with me at the moment.
                      I'll be on the sofa anyway on Friday........boys are back and I've been using one of their beds since I chopped my own one up.......

Comment

later......still on the sofa with me at the moment.
                        I'll be on the sofa anyway on Friday........boys are back and I've been using one of their beds since I chopped my own one up.......
                        lol.....bit previous there chopping up your own one....i'm sure one of the boys wouldn't have his mother sleeping on the sofa....he'll gladly give his bed up for you

Comment

lol.....bit previous there chopping up your own one....i'm sure one of the boys wouldn't have his mother sleeping on the sofa....he'll gladly give his bed up for you
                          i'm not bothered, it's a small sofa so much more suited to a little person like myself

Comment

i'm not bothered, it's a small sofa so much more suited to a little person like myself
                            Once it's cozy that's all that matters

Comment

[ATTACH]69733[/ATTACH]

Poor dog is not well.....something wrong with it's back leg , he can't stand on it is dragging it along the ground....he was at the vet and he kept him in overnight ...took xray's and can't see anything wrong with it ....he said something might show up on an MRI scan....but that would cost 1500 euro....and if they found anything that needed an operation it would cost another 1,000 euro.....he was given pain killers and Anti-inflammatory tablets.....they cost 200 euro...he has to be kept in a cage and rested for two weeks to see if it gets better

Comment

• oh no.......hope he'll be okay Dinny, keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                                X