No announcement yet.

Looking for a Grave....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's absolutely fine no probs no need to apologise. Thank you so much for taking the time to find the link for me, really appreciate your help.

Comment

Chids
      Yes they were in the South Dublin Workhouse a few times including 1901 census
      The most members of the family there at one time seems to be
      Lizzie senior ....Mary....Maggie....William ....Lizzie junior

John Daniel and Elizabeth Mc Cormack married in Chapelizod Church. 1885...same church i,m recommending you ring about grave
      John junior was baptised there 1886

Do you have wedding certs for
      John Daniels junior and Catherine

Mary Daniels and George

cert for Margaret 1955.........(i have if not)

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for the info, yes I have Certs for both the marriages that you mention plus Lizzie and Johns marriage and Margaret's death in 1955.

The youngest child josephine is a mystery she is listed in 1911 as aged 4 but after that I can find no reference to her.

The Dublin electoral registers for 1939 onwards have some additional Daniels living in Sarah place - Catherine who I'm assuming is John juniors wife plus a Maureen Annie and Kathleen Daniels who I am guessing might be their children. Unfortunately these records are no longer available online so I am unable to cross check them.

Comment

Chids

Just back from the library and could not find a death notice in the newspapers for ...
          William July 1947.....Margaret 1955 ......
          Elizabeth 1909......John 1906

Did you have any luck with Chapelizod church graveyard

Comment

Thanks for trying I Really appreciate your help John.

I did ring the chapel several times this week and left messages on their answer phone several times but nobody got back to me, but they might be busy. I will give them another try tomorrow.

Originally posted by john doran View Post
            Chids

Just back from the library and could not find a death notice in the newspapers for ...
            William July 1947.....Margaret 1955 ......
            Elizabeth 1909......John 1906

Did you have any luck with Chapelizod church graveyard

Comment

I still can't get a reply from the church.

Does anybody live near this church and could possibly check to see if any of my family members are buried here please.

Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Chapelizod Road
              Chapelizod, DN 20 IE

Elizabeth Daniels (Lizzie).
              She died 29/12/1909.

At the time of her death she was living in Sarah Place Kilmainham.

Also her son William Daniels
              William died July 9th 1947 aged 52.

Thanks

Comment

I am still unable to get a reply from the chapel, I guess they might get inundated with family history enquiries. But anymore suggestions of potential burial locations would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chids View Post
                  I am still unable to get a reply from the chapel, I guess they might get inundated with family history enquiries. But anymore suggestions of potential burial locations would be much appreciated.
                  I am not too far from that church and maybe can get there during next week

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                    I am not too far from that church and maybe can get there during next week
                    Thanks bigby much appreciated.

Comment

Findmypast site is free all week

Trace your Irish family history online with millions of genealogy records. Discover Irish heritage with birth records and marriage information online at Findmypast.

Comment

Cheers I'll make use of that

Comment

I am still no further forward with trying to find the grave if anybody else has any other ideas or suggestions it's much appreciated.

Comment

I am still no further forward with trying to find the grave if anybody else has any other ideas or suggestions it's much appreciated.
                            Do you know if any branch of the family dropped the e and used Daniel as the surname ? Just a coincidence only the other day was talking to someone about Daniel from Inchicore, not too far from Islandbridge.

Comment

just a long shot, is there any chance he could be buried in grangegorman military cemetery on Blackhorse avenue, him being an ex royal Dublin fusilier ?....[that's where my g/dad is buried ,he was a dub fusilier]...I did have a quick look at the graves records that the have on their website, sadly he`s not on it, but its not a complete list [my own grandad is not on it] .if you wish to look further you can go to the people who maintain the phoenix park as they also look after the cemetery, their premises are just up and across Blackhorse ave inside the park, they are very helpful.....just looking back on the posts, I see that john doran had already checked the cemetery , but I assume he would have checked on line, and as I said all the graves are not recorded in that list. they are a list given by the relatives and friends mostly. the people who look after the cemetery have ledgers of all who are buried there with or without a head stone [my grandad] , that was a hunt and a half. ..hope you have some luck from somewhere........try and contact conor dodd, he`s from the Dublin fusiliers forum,[and association ?] he`s got great knowledge and information [he got me my grandads leads to his unmarked grave].
                              Last edited by cosmo; 24-07-2017, 09:57 AM.
                              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Monks View Post
                                Do you know if any branch of the family dropped the e and used Daniel as the surname ? Just a coincidence only the other day was talking to someone about Daniel from Inchicore, not too far from Islandbridge.
                                Yes on some of the documents that I have its registered with both Daniel and Daniels as spelling variations and as you say Inchicore is the same area.

Thanks Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X