This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rashers View Post
    The two windows that you can just see part of to the left were my first classrom when I was 4 years old. The steps and the railings weren't there, just a gravel slope.
    Where is it exactly Rashers...I'll label it up.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• the houses in the background still look the same

Comment

• Originally posted by bigby View Post
        wonder has the little one got brain freeze
        Ahh the oul sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia....had it many a time from gulping stuff down too fast....especially when the top of the ice pop broke and ye had more dan ye could chew....that's when it was worser. Plenty a ice cold goin on here.....in Brittas.
        Attached Files

Comment

the houses in the background still look the same
          Where is it Bigglers ?.

Comment

• looks like Rutland Street Lower down the side of the school

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
              Where is it exactly Rashers...I'll label it up.
              This is a view from Lr Rutland Street. The kids would have been about where that lamp is.... though looking away from Rutland Street. The view through the railings is actually Nth Gloucester Place. If you followed that lane it would pass on the left Our Lady of Lourdes church Sean McDermott St, just past that was where they used to play the 7-a-side football, and to the right was the 27 Steps. Walking on would bring you to Lower Gardiner Street.
              Attached Files
              'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

looks like Rutland Street Lower down the side of the school
                Yep those houses are still there. Rutland St Lr is behind the kids.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                  This is a view from Lr Rutland Street. The kids would have been about where that lamp is.... though looking away from Rutland Street. The view through the railings is actually Nth Gloucester Place. If you followed that lane it would pass on the left Our Lady of Lourdes church Sean McDermott St, just past that was where they used to play the 7-a-side football, and to the right was the 27 Steps. Walking on would bring you to Lower Gardiner Street.
                  Ahh nice one Rashers...many thanks for that...and Biggelers of course.

Comment

• I dune nuttin!!

lord Edward st.

steins opticians holdin back the big builders, only closed down last week or so.

st josephs mansions 81.

manor st 86.
                    Attached Files
                    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• The first one is recent the youngfellas are wearing tracksuits and the copper looks like Mario Rosenstock a comedian/mimic over here

Comment

• Chiselers up te no good on wasters in McLean's Lane, Old Dublin.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Ollie Goldsmith; What a learned Irishman, and him with his stacha in front of Trinity.
                          "Life is a journey which must be traveled no matter how bad the roads or accommodations"

Oliver Goldsmith was an Anglo-Irish novelist, playwright and poet, who is best known for his novel The Vicar of Wakefield, his pastoral poem The Deserted Village, and his plays The Good-Natur'd Man and She Stoops to Conquer.
                          Born: November 10, 1730, Ballymahon, Republic of Ireland.
                          Died: April 4, 1774, Brick Court, London.Buried: Temple Church.
                          Plays: She Stoops to Conquer, The Good-Natur'd Man.
                          Education: Leiden University (1756), Trinity College, Dublin (1750),University of Edinburgh.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Molyneux Yard through 54a Thomas Street.

Saw Rashers ask a question about the location of this this first pic at another place, (no not dat place another one)...and I remembered I had some in me stash.....

The first one is someones bad attempt at making a 'young' pic look old. The second pic would be more like it. The 3rd pic is still 'young' but looks right in...The 4th pic is as it was way back and pic 5 is more up to date.

I think the place must be connected in some way with William Molyneux of Peter Street (big house) fame, there can't have been many Mollynuxes in Dublin loike, now can der. Love the 3 wheeled barrow and the handcart. The street sign says Molyneux Yard.

A point of interest; The round stones up the lane, and which we used to see all over the city at one time....are called Jostle Stones....put there in days of yore to stop horse cart wheels jostling the corners and brickwork of the buildings.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                              Saw Rashers ask a question about the location of this this first pic at another place, (no not dat place another one)...and I remembered I had some in me stash.....

The first one is someones bad attempt at making a 'young' pic look old. The second pic would be more like it. The 3rd pic is still 'young' but looks right in...The 4th pic is as it was way back and pic 5 is more up to date.

I think the place must be connected in some way with William Molyneux of Peter Street (big house) fame, there can't have been many Mollynuxes in Dublin loike, now can der. Love the 3 wheeled barrow and the handcart. The street sign says Molyneux Yard.

A point of interest; The round stones up the lane, and which we used to see all over the city at one time....are called Jostle Stones....put there in days of yore to stop horse cart wheels jostling the corners and brickwork of the buildings.

maybe they were also to stop the axle hubs from gouging grooves in the walls.....
                              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• where

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                                Ollie Goldsmith; What a learned Irishman, and him with his stacha in front of Trinity.
                                "Life is a journey which must be traveled no matter how bad the roads or accommodations"

Oliver Goldsmith was an Anglo-Irish novelist, playwright and poet, who is best known for his novel The Vicar of Wakefield, his pastoral poem The Deserted Village, and his plays The Good-Natur'd Man and She Stoops to Conquer.
                                Born: November 10, 1730, Ballymahon, Republic of Ireland.
                                Died: April 4, 1774, Brick Court, London.Buried: Temple Church.
                                Plays: She Stoops to Conquer, The Good-Natur'd Man.
                                Education: Leiden University (1756), Trinity College, Dublin (1750),University of Edinburgh.
                                Where 's mildred

Comment

Working...
                                X