Where it be ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where it be ???

Put a post up earlier today , nothing major , just to show the insensitivity of a national newspaper ......was it removed .?

The whole thread including the replies - at least until such time as the victim has been buried.
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      The whole thread including the replies - at least until such time as the victim has been buried.
      I don't think TB meant to offend but I'm glad it's been removed

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
        I don't think TB meant to offend but I'm glad it's been removed
        More likely my tongue in cheek comments about patios vs wardrobes....but yeah ....glad its gone.
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Why should someone have to ask as to why a post has been removed .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
            Ey up me oul Florin......

Becauuuuuuse......we are all here by grace and favour of the one who pays the bills....the forum is in effect private....and there are no rights to anything.....therefore if yer thread gets binned without a bye yer leave.....it must be taken on the chin.......

Though in fairness, if it was taken down late night / early morning then it prob fell between two stools.....and got lost in the mix....till ye spotted it.

The landlord in here (who we are most grateful to (grovel grovel), started the site as a favour to fellow forumers way back when......and the Moderators are total volunteers who do all the back office work.....(which we are all very grateful for) (grov grov)...., otherwise it would be curtains.

So in the words of the prophet.... the great unwashed of posters are not entitled to sweet fanny adams.....zilcho.....nowt....fcuk all.....not A sausage, when it comes to explanations.....and if one is given....that too is grace n favour.

To answer the question imo.... If yer not told....ye haveta ask....but always remember ye have no rights to answers.....all answers and explanations are at the discretion of the landlord or moderators....but there is no 'entitlement'.

So we all work on a take it or leave it basis.....I've chosen to accept what is is, even though disappearing stuff racks me off........but come the day of the race, it doesn't cost me a brass farthing.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
              Ey up me oul Florin......

Becauuuuuuse......we are all here by grace and favour of the one who pays the bills....the forum is in effect private....and there are no rights to anything.....therefore if yer thread gets binned without a bye yer leave.....it must be taken on the chin.......

Though in fairness, if it was taken down late night / early morning then it prob fell between two stools.....and got lost in the mix....till ye spotted it.

The landlord in here (who we are most grateful to (grovel grovel), started the site as a favour to fellow forumers way back when......and the Moderators are total volunteers who do all the back office work.....(which we are all very grateful for) (grov grov)...., otherwise it would be curtains.

So in the words of the prophet.... the great unwashed of posters are not entitled to sweet fanny adams.....zilcho.....nowt....fcuk all.....not A sausage, when it comes to explanations.....and if one is given....that too is grace n favour.

To answer the question imo.... If yer not told....ye haveta ask....but always remember ye have no rights to answers.....all answers and explanations are at the discretion of the landlord or moderators....but there is no 'entitlement'.

So we all work on a take it or leave it basis.....I've chosen to accept what is is, even though disappearing stuff racks me off........but come the day of the race, it doesn't cost me a brass farthing.....
              , I'm not s/stirring Dam , but just thought if something was to be pulled/or set aside for whatever reason , just to say so .......I wouldn't and don't regard it as an entitlement .

Comment

, I'm not s/stirring Dam , but just thought if something was to be pulled/or set aside for whatever reason , just to say so .......I wouldn't and don't regard it as an entitlement .
                Ahhh sure I know ye don't.....It's my roundabout way of lettin "The Management" know I know me place.....lol.
                I kicked up ructions last time sometin was 'disappeared' on me,......did fug all use lmao.

I mean you can't help ih if someone in de back office don't like wardrobes....

Comment

Ahhh sure I know ye don't.....It's my roundabout way of lettin "The Management" know I know me place.....lol.
                  I kicked up ructions last time sometin was 'disappeared' on me,......did fug all use lmao.

I mean you can't help ih if someone in de back office don't like wardrobes....
                  Meanwhile , back at the ranch ....................

Comment

Meanwhile , back at the ranch ....................
                    Oim hiding in me wardrobe....

Comment

Oim hiding in me wardrobe....
                      We have to accept de rules no matter what, it’s a great entertainment site all thanks to Boxy, if it wasn’t for Him we would be sitting on a park bench somewhere twiddling our thumbs, or something else, with nuffin to do, I’m surprised dat I haven’t been banned the way I push de limit in the 5 word story, but I have an excuse, encouraged by another member, I won’t mention His name, will I, Noel ??
                      I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                        We have to accept de rules no matter what, it’s a great entertainment site all thanks to Boxy, if it wasn’t for Him we would be sitting on a park bench somewhere twiddling our thumbs, or something else, with nuffin to do, I’m surprised dat I haven’t been banned the way I push de limit in the 5 word story, but I have an excuse, encouraged by another member, I won’t mention His name, will I, Noel ??
                        Jaze we could all be out feedin pigeons for dat matter......an dat"d be purgers ffs.
                        PS; Wha 5 word story ?

Comment

Put a post up earlier today , nothing major , just to show the insensitivity of a national newspaper ......was it removed .?
                          Too much is being read into this... there was no suggestion that your's or anyone's posts were in themselves offensive - but the thread as a whole was heading in a direction that to use your own description of the Herald's ad was... insensitive.

It was only spotted when there were numerous replies - rather than go round the houses asking people to delete their posts and having a big debate - I just buried the thread in a hurry. Sometimes that's necessary - it's a judgement call right or wrong.

In any event, it's back online - but I'd ask people to use their discretion in this and similar instances.
                          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                            Too much is being read into this... there was no suggestion that your's or anyone's posts were in themselves offensive - but the thread as a whole was heading in a direction that to use your own description of the Herald's ad was... insensitive.

It was only spotted when there were numerous replies - rather than go round the houses asking people to delete their posts and having a big debate - I just buried the thread in a hurry. Sometimes that's necessary - it's a judgement call right or wrong.

In any event, it's back online - but I'd ask people to use their discretion in this and similar instances.
                            Yeah....an no advertising's allowed two bob....righ......dont care dat yer family have a furniture business or not......else yill be out feedin pigeons yeh ?

Comment

Yeah....an no advertising's allowed two bob....righ......dont care dat yer family have a furniture business or not......else yill be out feedin pigeons yeh ?
                              I'll never say never ....for time being anyway .

Comment

Working...
                              X