Looking for a Grave....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
    just a long shot, is there any chance he could be buried in grangegorman military cemetery on Blackhorse avenue, him being an ex royal Dublin fusilier ?....[that's where my g/dad is buried ,he was a dub fusilier]...I did have a quick look at the graves records that the have on their website, sadly he`s not on it, but its not a complete list [my own grandad is not on it] .if you wish to look further you can go to the people who maintain the phoenix park as they also look after the cemetery, their premises are just up and across Blackhorse ave inside the park, they are very helpful.....just looking back on the posts, I see that john doran had already checked the cemetery , but I assume he would have checked on line, and as I said all the graves are not recorded in that list. they are a list given by the relatives and friends mostly. the people who look after the cemetery have ledgers of all who are buried there with or without a head stone [my grandad] , that was a hunt and a half. ..hope you have some luck from somewhere........try and contact conor dodd, he`s from the Dublin fusiliers forum,[and association ?] he`s got great knowledge and information [he got me my grandads leads to his unmarked grave].

Thank you for the help and info. Grangegorman does look a good possibility, but living in England, I shall have to wait until my next trip over to Dublin to speak to the people that maintain the cemetery and try and look into the ledgers, its definitely a possibility. Is Conor Dodd on this forum???
    I would like to make contact with him if possible.
    I have joined already the Royal Dublin Fusiliers Association, they might be able to help if he isn't on this forum.

Thanks again
    Paul

Comment

I`m sure if you email the association they will have an address or contact number, he has a an old twitter address.... https://twitter.com/dublin fusiliers
      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

I have managed to reach Conor Dodd, just waiting to see if he has any luck,
        thanks
        Paul

Comment

fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi Everyone, have not been on for a while as i have been ill,just reading this and wondered if Deans Grange cemetery had been checked out as i found some of my family buried there, and they were living in great Briton street, might be worth a search,

Comment

Chids If you are on facebook join

IGP's County Dublin Ireland Genealogy Group

put up a post giving all the info you have and I am sure there will be someone there who will help. The very best of luck in your search.

Comment

Hi Sorry for the delay in replying, but I have telephoned deans grange cemetery but unfortunately they have no records of any burials there.

Originally posted by judy View Post
                Hi Everyone, have not been on for a while as i have been ill,just reading this and wondered if Deans Grange cemetery had been checked out as i found some of my family buried there, and they were living in great Briton street, might be worth a search,

Comment

Many thanks

I will give that a try.

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
                  Chids If you are on facebook join

IGP's County Dublin Ireland Genealogy Group

put up a post giving all the info you have and I am sure there will be someone there who will help. The very best of luck in your search.

Comment

did you find a list of the people buried in Ballyfermot?

Comment

Comment

used to play in there as a kid, very old headstones couldn`t read any of them ,most of them were laying down at angles .its all been covered over by the corpo now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                          did you find a list of the people buried in Ballyfermot?
                          I am still waiting for somebody to get back to me on this.

Comment

Just an update and its taken me this long to find him, but William is buried at grangegorman as you suggested!! so many thanks for your help, one down one to go I am still struggling to find a burial location for William's mum, Lizzie Daniels.

just a long shot, is there any chance he could be buried in grangegorman military cemetery on Blackhorse avenue, him being an ex royal Dublin fusilier ?....[that's where my g/dad is buried ,he was a dub fusilier]...I did have a quick look at the graves records that the have on their website, sadly he`s not on it, but its not a complete list [my own grandad is not on it] .if you wish to look further you can go to the people who maintain the phoenix park as they also look after the cemetery, their premises are just up and across Blackhorse ave inside the park, they are very helpful.....just looking back on the posts, I see that john doran had already checked the cemetery , but I assume he would have checked on line, and as I said all the graves are not recorded in that list. they are a list given by the relatives and friends mostly. the people who look after the cemetery have ledgers of all who are buried there with or without a head stone [my grandad] , that was a hunt and a half. ..hope you have some luck from somewhere........try and contact conor dodd, he`s from the Dublin fusiliers forum,[and association ?] he`s got great knowledge and information [he got me my grandads leads to his unmarked grave].

Comment

glad to help , I hope you find your second quest...don`t give up someone will have some information ...good luck.

Comment

glad to help , I hope you find your second quest...don`t give up someone will have some information ...good luck.
                                chids,

you might try a ' basement productions' facebook page [ballyfermot one, not American one] there are two brothers ,paddy and billy mangan [also my brothers] who had/have a friend called john Daniel/s he was either from ballyfermot, inchicore, or kilmainham, this is going back 40 yrs plus ,but they might be able to help you get a lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X