Cooking tips and Recipes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking tips and Recipes.

Okay I admit it. I don't know how to cook! I can make a fry-up, boil eggs, heat stuff in the microwave but that's it.

I'd love to know how to prepare a steak or a chop. To know how to bake a cake. To know how to cook the Christmas turkey, or even a chicken.

So if you are like me, or would like to share cooking tips and/or recipes, here's where to do it.

Already I'm looking forward to frying a pork chop for the first time.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Rashers you have to be jesting!!!!
    It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
      Rashers you have to be jesting!!!!
      God's truth! The only reason I keep yer wan is so that I don't starve.

But if this thread becomes a popular one for exchanging cooking tips and recipies I'll make it a sticky.

Gawd I'm staaaarvin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        God's truth! The only reason I keep yer wan is so that I don't starve.

But if this thread becomes a popular one for exchanging cooking tips and recipies I'll make it a sticky.

Gawd I'm staaaarvin!!
        You Can always have Rashers on the Rocks
        I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
          You Can always have Rashers on the Rocks
          I can manage rashers (frying meself) when doing the fry-up.

But I have a longing for a pork chop and mushrooms now and I don't know how to fry/cook them.

Comment

I can manage rashers (frying meself) when doing the fry-up.

But I have a longing for a pork chop and mushrooms now and I don't know how to fry/cook them.
            Ok first put the cooker switch on....you will find it on the wall near your cooker.....get out your fryin pan and put a lilttle olive oil in it. Then get your pork chops and put them in a bowl with flower, salt, pepper, herbs, and any other seasonin of your choice. You can dip the chops in beaten egg if you like then put them into the flower till coated....then put them in the hot pan .... cook for about ten minutes .... make sure they are cooked through......take off ......clean pan if you wish and chop up the mushrooms and thrown onto the pan with salt and pepper for a few minutes.....then put mushrooms on plate with chops and get a knife and fork from the press and start eating. Enjoy!!!
            It is what it is.

Comment

Ok first put the cooker switch on....you will find it on the wall near your cooker.....get out your fryin pan and put a lilttle olive oil in it. Then get your pork chops and put them in a bowl with flower, salt, pepper, herbs, and any other seasonin of your choice. You can dip the chops in beaten egg if you like then put them into the flower till coated....then put them in the hot pan .... cook for about ten minutes .... make sure they are cooked through......take off ......clean pan if you wish and chop up the mushrooms and thrown onto the pan with salt and pepper for a few minutes.....then put mushrooms on plate with chops and get a knife and fork from the press and start eating. Enjoy!!!
              Thanks a million Pammie. I'll be having them for a snack tomorrow.

I don't suppose I need to dip the chops in all that stuff. Just throw two of them onto the pan and in about 10 minutes I'll have me chops, yeah?

Comment

Thanks a million Pammie. I'll be having them for a snack tomorrow.

I don't suppose I need to dip the chops in all that stuff. Just throw two of them onto the pan and in about 10 minutes I'll have me chops, yeah?
                Well you wanted a recepie??.....ok just throw the chops in the pan and they'll be gorgits..
                It is what it is.

Comment

Well you wanted a recepie??.....ok just throw the chops in the pan and they'll be gorgits..
                  My stomach is growling already for me mushrooms and chops. Thanks Pammy.

Don't go too far, I'll have more questions later.

If anyone wants too swop Christmas cake recipes or anything, work away.

Comment

My stomach is growling already for me mushrooms and chops. Thanks Pammy.

Don't go too far, I'll have more questions later.

If anyone wants too swop Christmas cake recipes or anything, work away.
                    Well can I go to bed now......Im knackered......
                    It is what it is.

Comment

Okay I admit it. I don't know how to cook! I can make a fry-up, boil eggs, heat stuff in the microwave but that's it.

I'd love to know how to prepare a steak or a chop. To know how to bake a cake. To know how to cook the Christmas turkey, or even a chicken.

So if you are like me, or would like to share cooking tips and/or recipes, here's where to do it.

Already I'm looking forward to frying a pork chop for the first time.

i wiil get kath to video me making the xmas dinner......
                      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Mushrooms,,,,get the Gold Top Variety,,they will send ye Astral Travellin' at the same time as yer cookin' yer Pork Chops.
                        I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                          Mushrooms,,,,get the Gold Top Variety,,they will send ye Astral Travellin' at the same time as yer cookin' yer Pork Chops.
                          sing while you'r cooking..i like... FLY ME TO THE MOON....

Comment

the only different types of cooking there is.....is different types of heat.....

frying.....the heat is from the bottom...the top is cooler...
                            grilling....the heat is on the top....the bottom is cooler...
                            roasting....the heat is equal all around.......

microwaving.....cooks from the inside out..
                            deep fat frying ...the heat is all around....
                            boiling...the heat is all around......but it gets no hotter than boiling point....

lean meat......cook fast
                            fatty meat....cook slow

the rest is easy.....cook to taste....

Comment

My wife was very ill some years ago and I had to be carer and cook.It was difficult at first but I soon got the nack of things. One of our neigbours gave me the attached recipe and its delicious.

Golden Sheppard’s Pie
                              1lb mince lamb
                              1 Chopped onion
                              1/2 pint of lamb or chicken stock
                              2 tablespoons of tomato puree
                              4 tablespoon of fresh chopped mixed herbs
                              1 tablespoon of corn flour blended with cold water
                              Salt to taste and ground black peppers
                              1 and half pounds of boiled potatoes
                              1oz of butter
                              3 tablespoons of milk
                              4 oz. of red Leicester cheese

Preheat oven to 200/400

Place the lamb in a pan with the chopped onions and fry for 8 to 10 mins, stirring well. Add the stock, tomato puree and most of the herbs, blend the corn flour and season to taste. Bring to boil, stirring occ until it thickens. Transfer to open dish. Mash the pots with butter milk and most of the cheese. Spread the mash over the top of the meat and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Bake in over for over 25 mins until golden brown. Sprinkle over the remaining herbs.
                              Serve with baby carrots and green beans tossed with butter and black peppers.
                              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Working...
                              X