Cooking tips and Recipes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats made me mouth water Jembo!

Anyone care to let me (and all here) know how you make a nice thick stew? Or how about a coddle?
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

I love this thread.........

onions, sausages, bacon, potatoes, salt pepper and water....anything else added it isnt a coddle.....boil for about 30 mins till potatoes are soft jim..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
        I love this thread.........

onions, sausages, bacon, potatoes, salt pepper and water....anything else added it isnt a coddle.....boil for about 30 mins till potatoes are soft jim..
        Do you need to put in gravy or anything or is it all into a pot of water?

Comment

nope....just water jim...i ate this solidly for 9 months when i was pregnant on louise...yummie....make sure you have enough water to cover potatoes thats all..

Comment

nope....just water jim...i ate this solidly for 9 months when i was pregnant on louise...yummie....make sure you have enough water to cover potatoes thats all..
            I must be pregnant cos I'm dying for some too!

I'm gonna make a coddle tomorrow.

Comment

hahahaa.......maybe your having a pregnant pause lol....just writing down the recipe im going to make one tomorrow too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                Do you need to put in gravy or anything or is it all into a pot of water?
                oxo's just before the end........to taste........a handfull of split lentils....and a carrot......

don't put the potoes in too early....or they will be mushed.....
                Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

quinner, the oxo isnt required in my coddle and anything else fecks it up........you must be making a posh coddle.

Comment

quinner, the oxo isnt required in my coddle and anything else fecks it up........you must be making a posh coddle.
                    mkm...if bob gelfof saw you eating that...we would have another christmas no.1..

Comment

Well i gave birth to a healthy baby girl .. Wonder what rashers will have hehe

Comment

Well i gave birth to a healthy baby girl .. Wonder what rashers will have hehe
                        a difficult time at the ante-natal classes....

Comment

hahhaaa the mind boggles at the thought lol....

another receipe..

a couple of portabella mushrooms, brushed with oil and seasoning..(salt and pepper.)

fry up an onion, add spinach, Parmesan cheese, add grated mozzarella cheese, place on top of mushrooms and bake in oven for 25 to 30 mins....yummie.....can also be used as a vegetarian burger or as a side dish for meat.

Comment

hahhaaa the mind boggles at the thought lol....

another receipe..

a couple of portabella mushrooms, brushed with oil and seasoning..(salt and pepper.)

fry up an onion, add spinach, Parmesan cheese, add grated mozzarella cheese, place on top of mushrooms and bake in oven for 25 to 30 mins....yummie.....can also be used as a vegetarian burger or as a side dish for meat.
                            My favorite Helen, portabella burger!

Comment

My latest invention was last thursday ........

stuffed Possum stomach (named because that's what it looks like !)

Per person

I Squid tube (med/large)
                              3 prawns cut into three
                              3 scollops, cut in half
                              one spring onion,
                              Tablespoon of bread crumbs,
                              1/4 tomato chopped or two cherry tomatos
                              I mushroom

Sauce
                              Two teaspoons Hoi Sin Sc.
                              I teaspoon of Soy and one of sherry.
                              Ground black pepper
                              pinch of mixed herbs.

Toss everything except the squid tube in a bowl and mix.
                              Stuff the mixture into the Squid tube.
                              Seal the top with a wooden skewer.and drizzle olive oil over

Put on a baking tray and bake at 150C for around 20 mins.

Serve over boiled rice.

Let me know how ye get on.

Comment

Ritz cracker chicken , very easy and delicious, you all have to try this one! Ritz crackers . 4 Bone skinless chicken breasts, if there's skin on just pull it off. And about 6 ounces of butter. Put the crackers into a plastic bag and crushed them with a rolling pin, not too finely. Then put them in a bowl. In another bowl put the butter and melt it in the microwave, lightly grease a dish to bake the chicken in. Heat the oven to 350 degrees,( you'll have to figure that one out, as this is an American recipe) dip the chicken into the melted butter , then roll in the cracker crumbs and place in greased dish , if you have some crumbs left over spread them over the top of the chicken and pour any butter that's left over evenly. Bake the chicken for about 45 mins. You will love this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X