X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cogito View Post
    You think Brussels put up this sign ?

[ATTACH]69018[/ATTACH]

Sixteen million people voted against Brexit.........

Many people do not understand Democracy........The EU has re-inforced their ignorance....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      Sixteen million people voted against Brexit.........

Many people do not understand Democracy........The EU has re-inforced their ignorance....
      This is how your precious UK treated the democratic wishes of the Irish people in 1918 when they wanted self rule . They annexed the part of Ireland that suited their definition of democracy .
      Irish_UK_election_1918.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
        This is how your precious UK treated the democratic wishes of the Irish people in 1918 when they wanted self rule . They annexed the part of Ireland that suited their definition of democracy .
        [ATTACH]69019[/ATTACH]

Wasn't alive then bo.......If I had been I would have been asking ''who gave Michael Collins and his party the right to hand the six counties over to the ''Ulster Scots'' and who gave the Irish parliament the right to accept it......

Read your History....it is all there for those who wish to peruse.....

I also suggest to go and have a moan at the EU.......It is they who will deprive Ireland the right to negotiate its own future......

Democracy is very precious......Despite the past .. Why people want to be ruled by an unelected EU is rather puzzling.....

Comment

For all those who run around pulling their hair out reacting to HEADLINES.....

''Free Movement''......has nothing to do with ''Arranged Movement''.....

Comment

[ATTACH]69018[/ATTACH]
            A sign is just a sign!
            I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
            Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

[ATTACH]69018[/ATTACH]
              LOL Brilliant sign!!!!
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Wasn't alive then bo.......If I had been I would have been asking ''who gave Michael Collins and his party the right to hand the six counties over to the ''Ulster Scots'' and who gave the Irish parliament the right to accept it......

Read your History....it is all there for those who wish to peruse.....

I also suggest to go and have a moan at the EU.......It is they who will deprive Ireland the right to negotiate its own future......

Democracy is very precious......Despite the past .. Why people want to be ruled by an unelected EU is rather puzzling.....
                I dont think he was in any position to hang on to the 6 counties . I believe that was the Brit's idea . Democracy at its finest .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                  I dont think he was in any position to hang on to the 6 counties . I believe that was the Brit's idea . Democracy at its finest .
                  The Ulster Scots got their way and the ''Irish'' agreed to it....

They claimed the Six Counties, there was no mandate in England for such an agreement......Just as there is no mandate at this present moment.......

History has blamed the ''English'......The Ulster Scots sat there laughing their heads off.....still are

Collins had a mandate to claim the whole of Ireland......He Blew-it.......

Now the Irish have a ''foreigner negotiating for them......a foreigner with his own agenda, get real and tell him about democracy....

Comment

The Ulster Scots got their way and the ''Irish'' agreed to it....

They claimed the Six Counties, there was no mandate in England for such an agreement......Just as there is no mandate at this present moment.......

History has blamed the ''English'......The Ulster Scots sat there laughing their heads off.....still are

Collins had a mandate to claim the whole of Ireland......He Blew-it.......

Now the Irish have a ''foreigner negotiating for them......a foreigner with his own agenda, get real and tell him about democracy....
                    Nothing to do with the lovely ship yard building industry they had back then in Belfast ? and all the other industries that sent a big pay check back to the UK . They didnt think the natives would torment them for a hundred years because of their greed . Now the Harland and Wolfe cranes are just a tourist attraction and 12 billion a year is flowing from the Exchequer to keep the North propped up . The EU fees are only chicken feed . Serves them right . BTW , I would rather have Brussels negotiating for us as part of the EU than your lot any day Joe . The divil you know and all that .......

Comment

Theresa May 'to insist on Northern Ireland border checks post-Brexit' in move likely to anger the Republic

From today's Independent...
                      New 'position paper' is expected to stick to Britain’s current plan to use smart technology and spot checks – which Dublin opposes

Theresa May will put herself on a collision course with Dublin this week by insisting on a post-Brexit trading border between Northern Ireland and the Republic.

A crucial “position paper” is expected to stick to Britain’s current plan to use smart technology and spot checks to police the flow of goods between the two countries after 2019.

The stance will anger the Irish Government, which fears the impact on the peace process in the North and has pushed for the Irish Sea to become the post-Brexit border with the UK instead.

Alternatively, said the Irish prime minister, Leo Varadkar, Ms May should abandon her hard Brexit policy of leaving the EU customs union, which will make a border necessary.

In recent weeks, the Taoiseach has made plain his growing frustration with Britain’s failure to come up with workable proposals in the 14 months since last year’s EU referendum.

A failure to reach agreement on the Irish border will also throw into jeopardy the Prime Minister’s hopes of an autumn start to talks on post-Brexit trade with the EU.

Brussels has insisted sufficient progress must be made on Northern Ireland, citizens’ rights and the so-called “divorce bill” before the negotiations can move forward.

Nevertheless, the formal position paper is not expected to give ground and will also play for time by arguing the border issue can only be resolved once the shape of a future trading deal is known.

At least three documents will be published this week, as ministers seek to rebut widespread criticism that Britain’s aims for the negotiations are a muddle.

Another paper will set out how to ensure “continuity in the availability of goods”, addressing the vexed issue of future customs arrangements.

And a third will explore “confidentiality and access to official documents following the UK’s withdrawal”, the Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) said.

The publications will show that “intense work is underway to prepare for formal talks on the future, deep and special partnership the UK wants to strike with the EU”, a source at the department argued.

Brexit Secretary David Davis, said: “Over the last year, the Government has been working with British businesses and the British people to establish exactly how our new relationship with the EU should look and feel.

“And over the coming weeks we'll advance that thinking with a swathe of new future partnership papers.

"I've launched this process because with time of the essence, we need to get on with negotiating the bigger issues around our future partnership to ensure we get a deal that delivers a strong UK and a strong EU.”​

The Government will hope the position papers will convince the EU Commission that it does have a coherent plan, when the exit talks resume at the end of this month.

After the last round of negotiations, Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, was highly critical of Britain’s lack of preparedness, as he announced there had been no breakthrough.

The Cabinet has been accused of “negotiating with itself”, reflecting stark divisions over whether to pursue a lengthy transition period to avert the economic damage of crashing out of the EU with no agreement.
                      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

The Brits will do what's best for them.
                        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

British expected to offer free movement for Irish nationals and call for customs bord

It is believed new British position papers on Brexit to be published this week will include a Scehngen-Zone style offer of continued free movement for Irish nationals and calls for a custom border between the two countries.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                            It is believed new British position papers on Brexit to be published this week will include a Scehngen-Zone style offer of continued free movement for Irish nationals and calls for a custom border between the two countries.

More...
                            Time for Ireland to negotiate its own position.....The EU has clearly stated that individual member Countries are not allowed to speak to the UK about Brexit.....The ''Big Bosses'' want their own way to make themselves look good........Get to it Ireland, it is your future and Brussels care only about Brussels......

Comment

i thought there was already free movement between the 2 countries......am i misinterpreting this?

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                                i thought there was already free movement between the 2 countries......am i misinterpreting this?
                                When you join the EU you do what they say or get punished......

Juncker and Garnier are now Ireland's ''Big Daddy''.....

Comment

Working...
                                X