Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New operator for 10% of Dublin Bus routes to be announced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New operator for 10% of Dublin Bus routes to be announced.

Got the following by email regarding #DublinBus.

Results of a tendering competition for 10% of Dublin Bus routes are due to be announced by the National Transport Authority.

New operator for 10% of Dublin Bus routes to be announced
    Results of a tendering competition for 10% of Dublin Bus routes are due to be announced by the National Transport Authority tomorrow.

Dublin Bus itself is believed to have applied for the franchise, as well as Luas operator Transdev and a number of British bus companies.

The 23 routes are all serving outer suburbs of the greater Dublin area and none go into the city centre.

Among them are the 185, which connects Bray with Newtownmountkennedy, the 76a, which connects Blanchardstown and Tallaght shopping centres, and the 220, which travels from Ballymun to Mulhuddart.

The NTA has previously denied that the awarding of a franchise amounts to privatisation as it will retain ownership of the bus fleet and revenue but will pay an operator to run the routes in the same way that Transport Infrastructure Ireland controls operation of the Luas.

It is not expected to provoke a reaction from unions such as SIPTU and the NBRU, as an agreement with the Department of Transport was reached following industrial action over the threat of privatisation two years ago.

It is understood that the growth in passenger numbers in recent years means that no Dublin Bus employees will face redundancy or be forced to move to the new operator.

The operator will also have to maintain existing bus services for the public.

The routes in question are:

17 Rialto to Blackrock

17a Blanchardstown Centre to Kilbarrack

18 Palmerstown(Old Lucan Road)to Sandymount

33a Swords to Balbriggan

33b Swords to Portrane

45a Dún Laoghaire (Rail Station)to Ballywaltrim

59 Dún Laoghaire to Mackintosh Park

63 Dún Laoghaire to Kilternan

75 The Square Tallaght to Dún Laoghaire

76 Chapelizod to Tallaght (The Square)

76a Blanchardstown Centre to Tallaght (The Square)

102 Sutton station to Dublin Airport

04 Clontarf Road (Conquer Hill) to Santry (Shanard Road)

111 Loughlinstown Park to Dún Laoghaire

114 Ticknock to Blackrock Station

161 Dundrum Luas Station to Rockbrook

184 Bray Rail station to Newtownmountkennedy

185 Bray Railstation to Shop River (Enniskerry)

220 Ballymun (Shangan Road) to Lady's Well Road

236 Blanchardstown Centre to Damastown

238 Tyrrelstown to Lady's Well Road

239 Blanchardstown Centre to Liffey Valley Shopping Centre

270 Blanchardstown Centre to Dunboyne
    UP THE DUBS!!!

The name of the company to take over these routes is ironic , Go Ahead , anyone else cop the irony ??

Comment

I wonder where they plan to build a bus depot? The routes are all over the extreme parts of Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
        The name of the company to take over these routes is ironic , Go Ahead , anyone else cop the irony ??
        Maybe lease out part of the yards where their pulling out from now ......just a guess .

Comment

bus-driver-conductors.jpg
          Ah go ahead , yer all righ'
          Last edited by bojangles; 13-08-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            [ATTACH]69121[/ATTACH]

Ah go ahead , yer all righ'
            That be it alright ........funny to see when the driver gave the billy to conductor than an inspector was about to get on , conductor running around like a lunatic issuing tickets .

Comment

That be it alright ........funny to see when the driver gave the billy to conductor than an inspector was about to get on , conductor running around like a lunatic issuing tickets .
              I asked a few of my Southside friends about the go ahead , they never had it on their buses , it musta been a Northside thing .

Comment

so how can they call this non privatization? kiss yer cheap fares goodbye...

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                  At the moment we are propping up Dublin Bus with nearly a 100 million a year.

Comment

We already pay the dearest fares in Europe with Dublin Bus
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

holy...usually when they sell off something the prices zoom..hope it doesnt happen..i hear your fares are expensive

Comment

According to Dublin Bus spokesperson , fares / times / won't change .....for the time being me thinks .
                        Last edited by Twobob; 14-08-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

right....our idiot and dope and and and of a premier in ont sold off some utilities and fecked up the hydro costs...and she told us it was for our own good hahaaa....my bill instantly went twice was it was..now its 3 times..and shes still convinced she was helping us out.......dont get me going haha

Comment

I asked a few of my Southside friends about the go ahead , they never had it on their buses , it musta been a Northside thing .
                            I was in the Isle of Man on holidays about 40 years ago and I got on a bus,the conductor gave me half the fare back and told me to go ahead.He must have been from the north side

Comment

Lived in Rathmines most of my life Bo.....the "Go Ahead" was alive and well on the southside
                              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Working...
                              X