X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Collins

This thread is dedicated to one of my heroes General Michael Collins

Such is life - Ned Kelly

Ahhh that's the stuff Boxy,good on ye. A great bit of footage which I'd never seen before,wtched both and enjoyed.
    Got me thinkin;did the Brits have to cause so much damage to the city ? surely they could have starved the boys out,just a matter of time.What a waste of fine buildings.
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Ahhh that's the stuff Boxy,good on ye. A great bit of footage which I'd never seen before,wtched both and enjoyed.
      Got me thinkin;did the Brits have to cause so much damage to the city ? surely they could have starved the boys out,just a matter of time.What a waste of fine buildings.
      Noel, tha last pic....that looks like Iona Rd in Glasnevin, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
        Noel, tha last pic....that looks like Iona Rd in Glasnevin, is it?
        I'm sure your right as they are on their way to bury Griffith.So if it's en route you got it !I didn't know that.

Comment

Here's another whose hero is MC

Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

My hero too since I was a kid. My gran used to tell me stories about the 'Laughing' Boy', or 'The Big Fella' as she mainly called him. She hated 'The Long Fella' though.... and gave poor oul Countess Markievicz a terrible time in her stories even up to her (my gran's) dying bed in the '60s.

Noel knows that story.

If anyone would like to be able to aquire movies, documentaries etc about Mick Collins, including the movie The Treaty which I consider the nearest one to the truth (the Michael Collins movie with Liam Neeson is so historically innacurate it's almost comedy), PM me and I'll get back to you.
            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

michael_collins_colour_01_m.jpg

Comment

nephews.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmymac View Post
                  [ATTACH]94[/ATTACH]
                  Great photo Jimmy very unusual. You know just looking at that photo you know you'd have a good time with Mick, that smile says it all.
                  Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

[B][I]I have a copy of this over my desk!

(And Noel has a copy of it in place of honour in the hallway of his home )

BTW; I have special toilet tissues embossed with the 'Long Fella's' picture !!!!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Guest; 22-10-2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bang Bang View Post
                      [B][I]I have a copy of this over my desk!

(And Noel has a copy of it in place of honour in the hallway of his home )

BTW; I have special toilet tissues embossed with the 'Long Fella's' picture !!!!
                      Sure have Bangers;in honour of the man,his stealth,intellegence and ability to achieve what he did at such a young age.

It's an incredible story altogether !,no matter what side he was on,as this is (in my case) not a matter of sides,just an appreciation of a mortal like the rest of us who achieved so much at such an early age against all odds.

Who else do we know in his league ?

This vid came out a while back now when I bought it on VHS,it is more than worth 110 mins of viewing,if not for the investigative info,for the live interviews with those who were there. Love the opening music too. The Shadow of Beal na Blath http://www.guba.com/watch/3000221623...-na-Bl%C3%A1th

Comment

[QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;596][B]Sure have Bangers;in honour of the man,his stealth,intellegence and ability to achieve what he did at such a young age.

It's an incredible story altogether !,no matter what side he was on,as this is (in my case) not a matter of sides,just an appreciation of a mortal like the rest of us who achieved so much at such an early age against all odds.

The only other one that I can think of is yourself, DTW!
                        Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 24-10-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bang Bang;724]
                          Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                          [B]Sure have Bangers;in honour of the man,his stealth,intellegence and ability to achieve what he did at such a young age.

The only other one that I can think of is yourself, DTW!
                          Hardly BB !!!

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr8xNm1Pf70

Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 24-10-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Hera ya go DTW...

'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

The Big Fella was my das hero and us kids grew up in cabra West adorig Mick Collins

Comment

Working...
                              X