• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
    O right, me mind is all stirred up now , i want to come home
    Jesus woman your only in Rathfarnham not Australia
    They are watching me

Comment

I know but its not the same, different sort of neighbourhood. I do love it but its not home.

Comment

Originally posted by Harolds X girl View Post
        Dinny was that beside The Harold house it is now just as ya go over the bridge The lemonade and record shop is where the adult shop is now Spongebob The pixi was after the lane where nora lives did i not answer you the other night ??

No HXG.....It wasn't beside the Harold House.....it was about a third of the way down the street heading towards to Leonards Corner.....I think theres an Indian Restaurant there now
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
          Oh Joe, I remember the Pixie toffee bar, chocolate flavored, lovely, I also remember cough no more, sailors chew, there was one with coconut in, hat coconut. I also remember honeybee sweets, lozenges, nancy balls, lucky lumps, drumsticks, fizz bags, cream pies, my favorite, oh now I'm back in Finglas with me younger hanging out, outside Kelly's sweet shop!Sorry for hijacking your thread Spongebob!
          Maire;it's no wonder I am dow a diabetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
            Maire;it's no wonder I am dow a diabetic.
            we used to shop in mag carrolls

Comment

Where was that Jimmy?

Comment

Anyone remember the shop called The Pixie over the bridge in Harolds Cross?
                Just discovered this posting tonight and perhaps I can give you my comments on The Pixie on Upper Clanbrassil Street.The Pixie was a very nice sweet shop

and I always thought it was a very high class type of shop.The name of the shop was red neon sign which was fixed to a lime green background.This shop is

now called " Bilal Shop " and it's beside " Konkan " an Indian restaurent There is another business called " Property Point " which is now where there was a

shop called " Mac's " He sold second hand records and always had new Decca and CBS records for sale I bought my first Bob Dylan Album from him.I always

had my suspicion there was something illegal about this shop.He eventually just closed down and I always felt his source of supply was gone .Being a quiet

and shy young man at that time I never got into much chat with him.I checked out the current names on the street from Google Earth and the rest is from

my minds eye. As I keep saying I could be wrong but my recall is pretty good for an old guy.I'm amazed how much rubbish we all have stored upstairs.
                Last edited by camden; 03-11-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by camden View Post
                  Just discovered this posting tonight and perhaps I can give you my comments on The Pixie on Upper Clanbrassil Street.The Pixie was a very nice sweet shop

and I always thought it was a very high class type of shop.The name of the shop was red neon sign which was fixed to a lime green background.This shop is

now called " Bilal Shop " and it's beside " Konkan " an Indian restaurent There is another business called " Property Point " which is now where there was a

shop called " Mac's " He sold second hand records and always had new Decca and CBS records for sale I bought my first Bob Dylan Album from him.I always

had my suspicion there was something illegal about this shop.He eventually just closed down and I always felt his source of supply was gone .Being a quiet

and shy young man at that time I never got into much chat with him.I checked out the current names on the street from Google Earth and the rest is from

my minds eye. As I keep saying I could be wrong but my recall is pretty good for an old guy.I'm amazed how much rubbish we all have stored upstairs.
                  Your right Camden ...I couldn't remember the name of mac's shop...myself and my friends spent hours in the shop talking to the owner....we used to sell or swap records with him.....never noticed anything shady about the man though

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                    Your right Camden ...I couldn't remember the name of mac's shop...myself and my friends spent hours in the shop talking to the owner....we used to sell or swap records with him.....never noticed anything shady about the man though
                    He always had new copies of recent Decca and CBS records at secondhand prices.I never complained and bought almost every week from him.He always

seemed very pleasent and as I said I never had a conversation with him but I often wondered where he got the records from.Maurice for Bargains South

Richmond Street and South Willaim Street also would have stock of Decca and CBS around that time.All of the records were new and in the original sleeves.

Comment

What year are you talking about?

Comment

What year are you talking about?
                        Possibly from 1964 through to 1967 for Mac's Record Shop but I remember The Pixie from way back to around 1954 or 1955

Comment

Ah , I was born in 72, dont remember them, lol

Comment

Ah , I was born in 72, dont remember them, lol
                            Happy 40th Birthday

Comment

Slightly off thread - there was a bicycle shop there, I think called Nugent's, where I got my first bike (reward for getting the scholarship to secondary school). My mother told me the owner had been a racing cyclist in his day.
                              Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

Thanks Dinny.

Comment

Working...
                                X