• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

hahhahha didnt see it..

check this out...

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
        No such place as Canada, thats Northern Northern USA soon....

All this talk of election fraud, I see they managed to find two people illegal registered in two states. A Steve Bannon and a Tiffany Trump(the daughter he forgets)

http://www.usnews.com/news/national-...ultiple-states
        You are way off base with that statement Napper' Canadians like being Canadians, despite the politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
          You are way off base with that statement Napper' Canadians like being Canadians, despite the politicians.
          I think you read me wrong Ed, it wasn't a statement. We were joking about the Canadian Wall, Trump the business man might go for an aggressive merger and let the Polar Bears fight off the illegal immigrants up the far North. After all you play most of your major sports in the American Leagues. Terrific! Making Greater American Greater Again.

Comment

I think you read me wrong Ed, it wasn't a statement. We were joking about the Canadian Wall, Trump the business man might go for an aggressive merger and let the Polar Bears fight off the illegal immigrants up the far North. After all you play most of your major sports in the American Leagues. Terrific! Making Greater American Greater Again.
            Napper; Sorry, I did miss your point,but yes I think he would have a bit of a problem building a wall in the great lakes which are shared between both countries seeing as how Lake Superior is about 3500 feet deep. lol. Would you believe that one of the republican Congressmen actually wanted to build a wall between the two countries.Including Newfoundland,Canada is just about 5000 miles wide. Some of these guys are not wrapped too tight.lol

Comment

the lights went out ed lol

Comment

The Mexican President has cancelled his trip to Washington next week, now for a row with Trump claiming he cancelled first...

The State dept senior management has resigned today, draining that swamp by getting rid of the non political career diplomats.

Washington Post
                Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s job running the State Department just got considerably more difficult. The entire senior level of management officials resigned Wednesday, part of an ongoing mass exodus of senior foreign service officers who don’t want to stick around for the Trump era.

Tillerson was actually inside the State Department’s headquarters in Foggy Bottom on Wednesday, taking meetings and getting the lay of the land. I reported Wednesday morning that the Trump team was narrowing its search for his No. 2, and that it was looking to replace the State Department’s long-serving undersecretary for management, Patrick Kennedy. Kennedy, who has been in that job for nine years, was actively involved in the transition and was angling to keep that job under Tillerson, three State Department officials told me.

Then suddenly on Wednesday afternoon, Kennedy and three of his top officials resigned unexpectedly, four State Department officials confirmed. Assistant Secretary of State for Administration Joyce Anne Barr, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Ambassador Gentry O. Smith, director of the Office of Foreign Missions, followed him out the door. All are career foreign service officers who have served under both Republican and Democratic administrations.

Kennedy will retire from the foreign service at the end of the month, officials said. The other officials could be given assignments elsewhere in the foreign service.

In addition, Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security Gregory Starr retired Jan. 20, and the director of the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations, Lydia Muniz, departed the same day. That amounts to a near-complete housecleaning of all the senior officials that deal with managing the State Department, its overseas posts and its people.

“It’s the single biggest simultaneous departure of institutional memory that anyone can remember, and that’s incredibly difficult to replicate,” said David Wade, who served as State Department chief of staff under Secretary of State John Kerry. “Department expertise in security, management, administrative and consular positions in particular are very difficult to replicate and particularly difficult to find in the private sector.”

Several senior foreign service officers in the State Department’s regional bureaus have also left their posts or resigned since the election. But the emptying of leadership in the management bureaus is more disruptive because those offices need to be led by people who know the department and have experience running its complicated bureaucracies. There’s no easy way to replace that via the private sector, said Wade.

“Diplomatic security, consular affairs, there’s just not a corollary that exists outside the department, and you can least afford a learning curve in these areas where issues can quickly become matters of life and death,” he said. “The muscle memory is critical. These retirements are a big loss. They leave a void. These are very difficult people to replace.”

Whether Kennedy left on his own volition or was pushed out by the incoming Trump team is a matter of dispute inside the department. Just days before he resigned, Kennedy was taking on more responsibility inside the department and working closely with the transition. His departure was a surprise to other State Department officials who were working with him.

Comment

Funny how the man who can't stop twitting seems to have banned every state dept from twitting, the resistance has got organised.

Comment

Trump claims torture works but experts warn of its 'potentially existential' costs
                    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                      Trump claims torture works but experts warn of its 'potentially existential' costs
                      https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...sion-interview
                      He's walking living proof it works , we've been tortured the past x amount of months listening to him .....and he got what he wanted .

Comment

Funny how the man who can't stop twitting seems to have banned every state dept from twitting, the resistance has got organised.

Shades of Adolph Hitler.

Comment

I listened to a couple of UK phone ins on Trump and his policies and I have to say he seems very popular in the UK, 2/3 of callers were in favor of him and wished the UK had more politicians like him. One of the phone ins was on the BBC which is considered to have a liberal bias so it was a surprise to hear. Then today a counter petition was set up in support of his state visit.

Parliament UK
                          Donald Trump should be invited to make an official State Visit because he is the leader of a free world and U.K. is a country that supports free speech and does not believe that people that appose our point of view should be gagged.
                          134k signed already

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen
                            I'm just going to have to wait to find out how this will go but I think "make America great again' means bringing jobs back here. A lot of countries outsource in order to get around the tax laws. I'm not even sure why since corporations get pretty decent tax breaks. I don't believe this is just for white people. I don't believe that anyone is going to lose their rights. I think he's just going to try to force everyone to enforce existing laws. But again, time will tell.
                            He does plan to cut taxes and bring jobs back, good jobs..........His very words......

Do you remember the ''Swinging sixties''.........JFK nearly spoilt them.....
                            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

45 things Donald Trump has done in first seven days as US president.
                              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                                45 things Donald Trump has done in first seven days as US president.
                                http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7549911.html
                                Jembo.....The worrying thing for many Countries will be his Jobs plan.....

His actions are no different to any other Presidents except for the timing......

That shows that he is a Developer rather than a Politician.......The US economy needs a developer, whether it is him or not remains to be seen....

They said he would not get elected.....

They said he would not succeed.....

They say a lot of things that turn out very wrong....

The future is very interesting......I await calmly, in my shelter....
                                Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X