Old Chestnut Gun control US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
    But the one stat that stands out is that the states with the tighter gun control have less firearms death.
    I suppose it should be across the states the same controls but getting the states to agree is not easy, they all think as indipendant republics with different values etc.
    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Well its very difficult to deal with the mindset...the only way to deal with the gun issue is...for every bad man with a gun, a good man has a gun too..

Two years ago in the south willie got sick..and honest to god...we had to go thro hoops with identifications etc etc to get him a bottle of cough medicine in the drug store....but we could have walked into walmart and bought guns with less hassle and less identification

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
        But the one stat that stands out is that the states with the tighter gun control have less firearms death.
        Sadly that's not true. Please don't misunderstand! I'm a firm believer in gun control and a federal standard, instead of state by state rules. I believe background investigations should be mandatory and as well as waiting periods. But there are areas that have had very strict gun laws that had or half a very high gun crime issue. http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          Well its very difficult to deal with the mindset...the only way to deal with the gun issue is...for every bad man with a gun, a good man has a gun too..

Two years ago in the south willie got sick..and honest to god...we had to go thro hoops with identifications etc etc to get him a bottle of cough medicine in the drug store....but we could have walked into walmart and bought guns with less hassle and less identification
          And there's the stupidity of it ......the bottom line is [IMO] to big an industry to fail .

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
            Sadly that's not true. Please don't misunderstand! I'm a firm believer in gun control and a federal standard, instead of state by state rules. I believe background investigations should be mandatory and as well as waiting periods. But there are areas that have had very strict gun laws that had or half a very high gun crime issue. http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp
            People commit crimes....

legislation seems to have little affect on that....
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

320 Million people in USA.....approximately 330 million guns held by the population ......
              Thousands of Americans killed down the decades by mass murders ...it's very strange that not one person that was killed or injured in these shootings has tried to shoot the assailant seeing that so many of them have guns
              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post

That does not surprise me MKM, Some years ago there were guns on sale in the supermarket in Arizona. Crazy does not begin to describe it.

You are right about the mindset, that is where it all starts. There is no respect for life in any of its forms. They go hunting, killing bears, why, what good does that do, the bear cannot be eaten. They do it because they can, it makes them feel powerful. That is only one example, some people are willing to shoot anything that moves. Killing people is just a little bit further up the scale. They are a sad unethical lot

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                  That does not surprise me MKM, Some years ago there were guns on sale in the supermarket in Arizona. Crazy does not begin to describe it.

You are right about the mindset, that is where it all starts. There is no respect for life in any of its forms. They go hunting, killing bears, why, what good does that do, the bear cannot be eaten. They do it because they can, it makes them feel powerful. That is only one example, some people are willing to shoot anything that moves. Killing people is just a little bit further up the scale. They are a sad unethical lot

Over three hundred and odd million Americans.....can you please be a bit more specific about who ''they are''.....
                  It would not be fair implicate innocent people in the USA.......

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                    Over three hundred and odd million Americans.....can you please be a bit more specific about who ''they are''.....
                    Well , I'd put it down to the powers that be .........but in saying that , it's the people who put them there , so it would come down to the millions who elect them .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Well , I'd put it down to the powers that be .........but in saying that , it's the people who put them there , so it would come down to the millions who elect them .

So you believe there are million and millions of guilty people in the USA......

I don't know any then.........

Comment

So you believe there are million and millions of guilty people in the USA......

I don't know any then.........
                        Indirectly , yes .

You don't know anyone over there , come on now ...

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                          Indirectly , yes .

You don't know anyone over there , come on now ...

I think at the last count I had 57 relations/friends there....

Seventeen I talk to on Facebook.....

Including eleven Servicemen/women and their Families.......Spoke to three more Servicemen in the last few weeks as I live a few minutes away from their Air-force Base.....

Comment

To clarify that for you Quinner, the they in this case are those who use the guns, who hunt, kill animals and those who also graduate to killing people. Not everybody in the US owns a gun. I have several American friends and none of them ever owned a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                              To clarify that for you Quinner, the they in this case are those who use the guns, who hunt, kill animals and those who also graduate to killing people. Not everybody in the US owns a gun. I have several American friends and none of them ever owned a gun.
                              300 million innocents in the USA....?

Canada was built on the slaughter of innocent animals......for their fur.....

Comment

if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have them.
                                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Working...
                                X