No announcement yet.

Sugary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it's probably balanced out by the fact that they don't live as long, so don't need treatment or care in old age, or as much old age pension

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      But it's probably balanced out by the fact that they don't live as long, so don't need treatment or care in old age, or as much old age pension
      Well it would be good if ye were right....but the advancement of med science points to ppl living much longer than used te be....

The cost of diabetes to the NHS is over £1.5m an hour or 10% of the NHS budget for England and Wales. This equates to over £25,000 being spent on diabetes every minute.

In total, an estimated £14 billion pounds is spent a year on treating diabetes and its complications, with the cost of treating complications representing the much higher cost.
      Why should those who consciously avoid such self harm pay for those who give a tinkers curse about abusing their bodies by stuffing themselves with sugar filled drinks and food garbage inc fatty fast foods.....like it's going out of fashion.

If it is found to be attributed to self infliction, why shouldn't they be made to contribute towards their treatment on a means tested basis.....

Pay up, in a similar way it works in the ROI, as explained to me by Cogs.

Pic; Example of costs in UK 2012.

Attached Files
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Any stats on which section of society suffers most ? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
          Any stats on which section of society suffers most ? ....
          Deprivation is strongly associated with higher levels of obesity, physical inactivity, unhealthy diet,smoking and poor blood pressure control.

All these factors are inextricably linked to the risk of diabetes or the risk of serious complications for those already diagnosed.

It is difficult to get clear evidence of absolute risk related to deprivation.The Health Survey for England 2011 found that men in the lowest quintile of equivalised household income were 2.3 times more likely to have diabetes than those in the highest quintile, and for women the risk was 1.6 times higher.

For people in the most deprived quintile of the Index of Multiple Deprivation, men had a 1.8 times increased risk and women had 3.1 times increased risk. However, data from the National Diabetes Audit suggests that people in the most deprived quintile are 1.5 times more likely to have diabetes than those in the least deprived.

The variation in deprivation and diabetes is only seen in those with Type 2 diabetes. Deprivation has no effect on developing Type1 diabetes, which is unsurprising as it is not lifestyle related.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
            Deprivation is strongly associated with higher levels of obesity, physical inactivity, unhealthy diet,smoking and poor blood pressure control.

All these factors are inextricably linked to the risk of diabetes or the risk of serious complications for those already diagnosed.

It is difficult to get clear evidence of absolute risk related to deprivation.The Health Survey for England 2011 found that men in the lowest quintile of equivalised household income were 2.3 times more likely to have diabetes than those in the highest quintile, and for women the risk was 1.6 times higher.

For people in the most deprived quintile of the Index of Multiple Deprivation, men had a 1.8 times increased risk and women had 3.1 times increased risk. However, data from the National Diabetes Audit suggests that people in the most deprived quintile are 1.5 times more likely to have diabetes than those in the least deprived.

The variation in deprivation and diabetes is only seen in those with Type 2 diabetes. Deprivation has no effect on developing Type1 diabetes, which is unsurprising as it is not lifestyle related.
            https://www.diabetes.org.uk/resource...-april2014.pdf
            Thanks Dam .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
              Thanks Dam .
              Fierce figures eh ?.

Comment

Health officials tell manufacturers to cut the portion sizes of pizzas, ready meals and takeaways.

I honestly don't know how people can eat so much crap, it would make me feel sick. Or how people can get so fat, I get to a certain weight and I feel so uncomfortable and look so gross I have to cut down until I lose the weight......

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43201586

I honestly don't know how people can eat so much crap, it would make me feel sick. Or how people can get so fat, I get to a certain weight and I feel so uncomfortable and look so gross I have to cut down until I lose the weight......
                  Yer right....Have always said....if ye wanna get slim stop feckin eating.....makes sense doesn't it....look at the poor unfortunates in Syria on the box recently.....no fat bastads there....why....because there's feck all te get fat on.... Obesity is the result of gorging oneself on all the stuff we love like Ice Cream....Cakes....Pies....McD's....Sweets....Chocs .....and all dem takeaways.

So the moral of the story is....DON"T FECKIN SO MUCH....simple eh

Comment

Wouldn't feckin make you lose the weight?

Comment

Wouldn't feckin make you lose the weight?
                      Coz a de Guinness loike Yeah oi know....equiv of 5 spoons a sugar in each pint....8 pints a night out 40 spoons a sugar shite....if it was anythin else buh Guinness oid givvihrup.

Comment

it's the wine that's my downfall..........I love it.........

Comment

it's the wine that's my downfall..........I love it.........
                          Believe it or not, but wine actually contains minimal fructose. ... The fructose in the grapes is what ferments to become alcohol, leaving the finished product low in sugar. If the wine has been fermented to “dry” (red or white) it contains very low levels of residual sugar (less than 1g per litre).

Comment

Believe it or not, but wine actually contains minimal fructose. ... The fructose in the grapes is what ferments to become alcohol, leaving the finished product low in sugar. If the wine has been fermented to “dry” (red or white) it contains very low levels of residual sugar (less than 1g per litre).
                            Take note: Alcohol is not a diet food. ... Still, alcohol is not a diet food: A 5-ounce glass of wine has around 150 calories, a 1.5-ounce shot of vodka or 12 ounces of light beer, 100. For every drink you have, you have to subtract something else from your diet or log another mile on the treadmill— or risk weight gain.

Comment

Take note: Alcohol is not a diet food. ... Still, alcohol is not a diet food: A 5-ounce glass of wine has around 150 calories, a 1.5-ounce shot of vodka or 12 ounces of light beer, 100. For every drink you have, you have to subtract something else from your diet or log another mile on the treadmill— or risk weight gain.
                              what treadmill? Walking upstairs is my limit.......

Comment

what treadmill? Walking upstairs is my limit.......
                                Well yer very naughty then....everyone has a treadmill at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X